Films You Want A Sequel To

Comments

• Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Aside from getting LL Cool J or Thomas Jane back, what connection could it have?
  • Experimental testing on sharks gone wrong. I'm pretty sure that's where the connection begins and ends.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Deep Blue Sea is getting a sequel? News to me.

That's probably because there isn't much news there. Like Creasy said, it's a SyFy channel production—which means no-names, atrocious CGI, and an even worse script. And best of all, probably very little connection to the original apart from a name drop or two. It's DBSINO (Deep Blue Sea In Name Only). Just an excuse to sell another cheapo shark movie.

Spot on. The fact that it's a SyFy production pretty much tells me all I need to know, in terms of quality.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    A sequel to The Big Lebowski could be fun.
    A sequel to The Big Lebowski could be fun.

I feel like it'll lose some of its magic, trying to do a sequel to a beloved cult classic after so long. Then again, I thought BR2049 was stellar, so it could work. I'd certainly watch it.
  • edited December 2017 Posts: 12,837
    I want Dredd sequels until the day Karl Urban dies please.
    suavejmf wrote: »
    Another Jaws & Deep Blue Sea.

Have you seen The Shallows @suavejmf? I thought it was really good. Better than any of the Jaws sequels and Deep Blue Sea.
    T2: trainspotting

Not sure about this. I thought it was great but I can't think of a route for them to go down for a third film. The second one was a great sequel because they went a bit fourth wall with it and made it a film about nostalgia. But where do they go from there?
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    I want Dredd sequels until the day Karl Urban dies please.
    suavejmf wrote: »
    Another Jaws & Deep Blue Sea.

Have you seen The Shallows @suavejmf? I thought it was really good. Better than any of the Jaws sequels and Deep Blue Sea.
    T2: trainspotting

Not sure about this. I thought it was great but I can't think of a route for them to go down for a third film. The second one was a great sequel because they went a bit fourth wall with it and made it a film about nostalgia. But where do they go from there?

I would like to see a third one set around their retirement age and how they deal with all this new free time on their hands. They could make it in maybe 15 or so years.

Also I’d like to see another blade runner even though I wasn’t a massive fan of 2049. I really liked Leto and want to see more of him in that role and perhaps an off world colony. Though the box office will leave this one of for at least 15 years
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    The Man from UNCLE

gSEuepoZyZz5nbAJOs58p94Sr6Y.jpg

I'm crazy about getting a sequel to this ASAP.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    It couldn't happen now sadly but.

Super Mario Bros. ;)
    3074762-8002055857-875af.jpg
    I would love to see a sequel to INCEPTION, but it would have to bee Nolan.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Murdock wrote: »
    It couldn't happen now sadly but.

Super Mario Bros. ;)
    3074762-8002055857-875af.jpg

I want this.
    I wouldn't mind watching a sequel to The International. Really like that film.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm

This! Although it will never happen, sadly.
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    John Carpenter's Christine.

3fa04a3c550c8a351440b2ef715ef9c1x.jpg
    chrisisall wrote: »

This! Although it will never happen, sadly.

Wouldn't put money on that to happen, no. Probably not a movie that screams "sequel" either. The films that get a sequel often do.
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    I would love a good sequel to Die Hard: John and Holly re-united at Christmas time in, for example, a mall. Meeting with their daughter and soon-to-be son in-law Matt (sorry, I liked the 4th one). Kidnapping in the mall and have a true Die Hard again. I loved the first 2, liked 3+4 but the area the action took place was too wide. Reduce that, bring back Holly ... it would work way better than this insult called part 5.
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 7,653
    The Saint (1997)
    The Shadow (1994)
    The Rocketeer

A Walk Among the Tombstones (2014) another Matt Scudder movie would be great.
    Jason Bourne
    SaintMark wrote: »
    The Shadow (1997)
    You mean 1994, right?

And definitely, I want a sequel to that. Doesn't have to be Alec Baldwin, but I do want someone who equally oozes charm in ways others can't manage.
    The Shadow (1997)
    You mean 1994, right?

And definitely, I want a sequel to that. Doesn't have to be Alec Baldwin, but I do want someone who equally oozes charm in ways others can't manage.

Sorry 1994 indeed, I love that movie and the period setting, like the Saint his best period was between the big wars.
    Jason Bourne

I hope we get another Bourne film soon too. I liked the last one, it was really cool seeing Damon back. The main problem is I think they keep repeating themselves (Bourne vs the CIA in European cities) but the last one changed things up a bit with the social media/surveillance story and the Vegas setting. I thought they did some cool stuff with the character in the last one too.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Transformers
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    The Shadow (1997)
    You mean 1994, right?

To quote Onatopp, "yes, yes, yes".
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 4,622
    The Man from UNCLE

gSEuepoZyZz5nbAJOs58p94Sr6Y.jpg

I'm crazy about getting a sequel to this ASAP.

This!!!!
    Even if they have to recast just do it.

Also, I would love to see a sequel for Daniel Craig's Logan Lucky (2017).
    I am intrigued to know what that FBI agent might be plotting in the final scene in the bar.
    Another go-round with this eccentric bunch of characters would be fun.

61BcubtGtaL._AC_SY400_.jpg
    I also want Ocean's Fourteen coming out. Rather than the half-arsed rushed cash in that was Ocean's Eight, which was awful to say the least, I'd rather have a proper sequel to the Steven Soderbergh-directed trilogy with the same team that made the trilogy itself.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    The Hateful Eight.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    I also want Ocean's Fourteen coming out. Rather than the half-arsed rushed cash in that was Ocean's Eight, which was awful to say the least, I'd rather have a proper sequel to the Steven Soderbergh-directed trilogy with the same team that made the trilogy itself.

I agree. Unfortunately it was agreed that they would never make another because Bernie Mac died in 2008.
    The Hateful Eight.

I'm curious what that sequel would entail.
    edited July 2018 Posts: 15,423
    I agree. Unfortunately it was agreed that they would never make another because Bernie Mac died in 2008.
    Yes, which is a shame. Without losing respect for Bernie, however, I hope that "pact" would be broken and we'll get a proper sequel to that. If - and I'm saying if - we get Fourteen, I'd really rather they don't set it in Vegas. Above all, however, I want Soderbergh, composer David Holmes, cinematographer Peter Andrews and editor Stephen Mirrione all to come back. We've seen how a different team handled an Ocean and how miserably they failed.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    The Hateful Eight.

Just don t call it The Hateful Nine.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    The Hateful Eight.

Just don t call it The Hateful Nine.

It'll be:
    The Hateful Zero, as it's three hours of silence in a quiet haberdashery filled with corpses.