Films You Want A Sequel To

Comments

• chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Murdock wrote: »
    The November Man.

Yes.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Brosnan dressed in a Santa suit.

The December Man
    Remington wrote: »
    Halloween 6: The Curse of Michael Myers.
    I would have loved a sequel to it in 1998.

They could always do an animated follow up

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    chrisisall wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »
    The film I'd really like a sequel to is The International (2009). I think the original is one of the greatest thrillers of the 21st century so far. It's atmospheric, suspenseful, beautifully lensed, with a great score, wonderful locations and intense performances by all. In addition, the subject matter is still relevant today. The film has a bit of a 70s flavour too, which is also to its credit. If all that wasn't enough, that shootout at the Guggenheim is one for the ages. It will never happen of course, but one can hope.
    My respect for your taste in movies has just quadrupled sir.

Based on all this praise I just ordered The International.
    Aliens, but a proper one, not alien 3.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    HARD TO KILL: HARDER IN DEATH
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    logo_comingsoon.png
    George Miller Says Mad Max
    Sequels Are ‘Going to Happen’

https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1086261-george-miller-says-mad-max-sequels-are-going-to-happen
    By Grant Hermanns
    ON July 24, 2019
    Max-650x365.jpg
    George Miller Says Mad Max Sequels Are ‘Going to Happen’

It’s been five years since audiences were last taken to the Australian outback for the exhilarating post-apocalyptic joy ride Mad Max: Fury Road, and after an elongated financial dispute between writer/director George Miller and Warner Bros, we may finally be getting the long-awaited and frequently discussed sequels!

Prior to the release of Fury Road, Miller, and co-writer Brendan McCarthy revealed that their writing process developed enough material for two more stories centered on the titular protagonist and one that would be a spin-off focused on Charlize Theron’s one-armed war captain. While Miller had plans to film the Furiosa spin-off shortly after the reboot’s release, he and Warner Bros. got into a financial dispute over a bonus from Fury Road, delaying production on the future of the series but it appears that dispute is finally coming to an end, Miller told IndieWire (Via Bloody Disgusting).

“We’re still solving, we’ve got to play out the Warners thing, it seems to be pretty clear that it’s going to happen,” Miller said. “The chaos has stabilized and it’s become extremely positive as the dust seems to have settled after [the AT&T merger].”
    51mRFUyfWpL._SY355_.jpg
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    talos7 wrote: »
    chrisisall wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »
    The film I'd really like a sequel to is The International (2009). I think the original is one of the greatest thrillers of the 21st century so far. It's atmospheric, suspenseful, beautifully lensed, with a great score, wonderful locations and intense performances by all. In addition, the subject matter is still relevant today. The film has a bit of a 70s flavour too, which is also to its credit. If all that wasn't enough, that shootout at the Guggenheim is one for the ages. It will never happen of course, but one can hope.
    My respect for your taste in movies has just quadrupled sir.

Based on all this praise I just ordered The International.

It's a good film; you won't be sorry.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    The Guggenheim scene in The International is superb, great movie
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    I think that's the route they may have to go with the Alien franchise. Do what they do with Halloween and Terminator and write other films out of canon.
    2Wint2Kidd wrote: »
    I think that's the route they may have to go with the Alien franchise. Do what they do with Halloween and Terminator and write other films out of canon.

It seemed to be heading that way but Ridley Scott appears to have squashed that.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    I was looking forward to a new Robocop film though Blomkamp has left the project, so course correct it seems. A Blomkamp Robocop would have been interesting, a shame...
    https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/neill-blomkamp-robocop/
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 1,965

Thats what Neil Blonkamp wanted to do until Ridley Scott put a squash to it. Lucky James Cameron might be saving it.
    edited August 2019 Posts: 7,975

Thats what Neil Blonkamp wanted to do until Ridley Scott put a squash to it. Lucky James Cameron might be saving it.

Maybe, I’ve heard the interview where Cameron says ‘ I’m working on that’ , or something to that effect, in response
    to a Blomkamp’s proposed, direct, sequel to Aliens. There’s some question as to if he was serious or just making a passing quip.

We’ll see...
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    Layer Cake
    Actually heres a good one.

Gone girl.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    edited August 2019 Posts: 13,012
    CSsYZsZQKmP0UY6F_cxkdMVpL_BSbXnp9eOVA9Envco.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=f9399d82017550f9b56267b7992a15289e295aef
    318393e899876e93e3ca29b646ad3d5f.jpg
    alvaro-leon-escape-from-earth-poster.jpg?1421688668
    edited August 2019 Posts: 3,497

Gone girl.

Fantasic film. Rosamund should've won an oscar only for this:

"He actually ecpected me to love him unconditionally" :D
    JamesCraig wrote: »

Gone girl.

She should of won that Oscar. IDK who beat her but Roamund by far deserved that.
    JamesCraig wrote: »

Gone girl.

She should of won that Oscar. IDK who beat her but Roamund by far deserved that.

Julianne Moore for Still Alice. ;)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I would love a full feature length film with Buster Scruggs. He was brilliant, like a bad Lucky Luke.
  • BondStuBondStu Moonraker 6
    Two films I'd love to see sequels to? District 9 and Dredd.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    BondStu wrote: »

Yes! Dredd. Wonderfully effective adaptation of the comic. Urban is superb as Dredd. It'd be a crime to withhold sequels from us.
    Hellboy 2 let Del Torro finish his trilogy
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    The Man from U.N.C.L.E.
  • NS_writingsNS_writings Buenos Aires
    Body Heat deserved a second part, particularly with that ending.
    With David Arnold doing the soundtrack and reusing John Barry's signature theme.
    Set in the late 1990s, with Ned Racine out of jail trying to get revenge from Matty Walker. Main locations in Rio de Janeiro, where she's supposed to be at the very end of the film.
    It would be great to get another Heavy Metal anthology in the vein of the one from 1981.
    Heavy Metal 2000 was just plain bad.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    I really hope they don't mess up Matrix 4. I've been waiting far too long since Revolutions.
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    BondStu wrote: »

Yes! Dredd. Wonderfully effective adaptation of the comic. Urban is superb as Dredd. It'd be a crime to withhold sequels from us.

Dredd, yes please! That was such a great film. Urban acted better inside a helmet than Stallone managed with his helmet off. One of the best comic book character movies I’ve ever seen.

I would have liked to have seen a sequel to Annihilation, if the ending of the original film had been a bit more open-ended. But, given the actual ending, it’s hard to see where a sequel could go.