Films You Want A Sequel To

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited October 2011 Posts: 13,894
    As i've allready listed 2 choices on the preious pages, here's my last 2:

Solomon Kane - Solomon Kane 2
    Purefoy was fantastic (as was the film) in the title role, and i'd really like to see another SK film.

Beyond Re-Animator - House Of Re-Animator
    A 4th (and even it's it's the last) Re-animator film has to happen... please. It's been 8 years since BEYOND, so isn't that enough time passed to see what Dr West is up to? Not to mention that West has to be played once more by Combs, or don't bother.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    -Ocean's 14
    Without Bernie Mac ? :-(
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    OK, here is my list: Inception (loved it!), The Saint (Val Kilmer), the Matrix (meaning give me a REALLY GOOD sequel please!), Little Miss Sunshine (not action but still ...), Harry Brown, Witness (don't know how the story would go, but what a good movie), Blade Runner, The Thomas Crown Affair (ever hopeful because it keeps popping up as a go on Brosnan's own site), The Italian Job (original), Layer Cake (I know, I know ...), The Verdict, Master and Commander, Shakespeare in Love, and there's also got to be a Helen Mirren movie I want a sequel to (but not RED) - just can't think of it.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Oops - way more than 5: sorry. Top 5 would be: Inception, The Saint, The Thomas Crown Affair, the Italian Job, and Layer Cake.
    Not big on Sequels but I would like to see another Superman. And please lets get some other villian besides Lex Luthor
    Your wish is my command

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_of_Steel_(film)

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I'm kind of angry that Amy Adams got picked over Olivia Wilde. :-(
    Thomas Crown Affair sequel would be cool with Brosser.
  • Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    Not big on Sequels but I would like to see another Superman. And please lets get some other villian besides Lex Luthor
    Your wish is my command

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Man_of_Steel_(film)

That's not a sequel though.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited October 2011 Posts: 40,471
    Even though we're going to get it, another Fast and the Furious film. Fast Five was just awesome. I guess after being disappointed so many times in a row, they didn't hold back and gave everything I wanted with the new one. Just went out to Wal-Mart and picked me up a copy on blu-ray.

Of course, can't wait for the Die Hard sequel 'A Good Day To Die Hard'. Hope they don't mess it up.

EDIT: Changed the title, don't know why I made it so specific to five films. List away, everyone!
  • I can't believe I forgot this one. I really wanted a sequel to the Thomas Jane Punisher film of 2004. Jonathan Hensleigh is an awesome writer and director and Jane was spot on as Frank Castle. This movie underperormed at the box office, as it was near the summer season and was overshadowed by other releases, but did huge numbers on DVD sales and rentals. It was a movie the people discovered themselves and deserved atleast 1 sequel. Instead we got Punisher:Warzone which was easily one of the worst films I've ever seen.
    The Saint was a great film and worthy of a sequel

Not nesscarily a sequel but Macgyver has been in development hell since 2000 it's a shame as given the right circumstances it could beat out Mission Impossible in terms of success

Ghostbusters 3

I would love a 4th nolan/bale batman film

I still say The A-team 2 recently rewatched it and man what a brilliant film

and 2 I wish they would but know they won't

Jaws 2 this was the last great jaws film 3 and 4 were jokes I would honestly love a remake of 3 as the idea is brilliant the execution.... Joe Alves is many things but director is not one of them.

Halloween Curse of Michael Myers I hate ho H20 ignored the entire 4-6 plotline as it really started to get interesting the idea of a cult trying to control and breed their own Michael Myers is kinda creepy and if done right could be far better then even the 1978 orignal.
    Risico007 wrote:

Sorry bud, but both Bale and Nolan have said, quite profoundly, "No."

I hope there isn't another attempt at Batman for 50 years after Nolan and crew are done.
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    Risico007 wrote:

Sorry bud, but both Bale and Nolan have said, quite profoundly, "No."

I hope there isn't another attempt at Batman for 50 years after Nolan and crew are done.

Ummmmmm warner bros. is all ready planning it....
    Unless its "Robin Begins" with Josh Nolan writing and a big name directing, FLOP.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Yeah, they're already planning everything, and I think they said they wanted to start work on the next one in 2015 or 2016 or so.
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 12,837
    delete
  • edited March 2013 Posts: 12,837
    More Rambos.
  • commando 2 gotta be
  • edited December 2011 Posts: 297
    Fahrenheit 452

Betaville: Lemmy Caution against Alpha 61

Another Big Lebowsky would also be welcome. And Bogart should have played Marlowe at least one more time in The Long Goodbye.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Risico007 wrote:
    Halloween Curse of Michael Myers I hate ho H20 ignored the entire 4-6 plotline as it really started to get interesting the idea of a cult trying to control and breed their own Michael Myers is kinda creepy and if done right could be far better then even the 1978 orignal.

Yes, well put. It's a shame how they were going down that direction, and then with H20 they lost their bottle and did a 'safe' Halloween film. I've read what I can only guess was one of the earlier screenplays (also written by Farrands - that mostly is the same as the finished film, but with a few deviations) and the ending is a cliffhanger, with the next Halloween picking up and continuing the Thorn story.
  • edited November 2020 Posts: 121
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited January 2012 Posts: 4,399
    The Punisher - maybe not so much a sequel - but just a film about the character done right for a change would be nice.... maybe that'll be my one achievement in my career (hopefully) as a director lmao..

Ghosbusters 3 - the more i hear this film being on the fence, and teetering on whether it's going to be made or not, i wish it would just get made already... if anything, to really tick off the protesting fanboys online..

Indiana Jones - i know a 5th installment is in the works according to Spielberg, but who knows when it will be made... i am with Steven on this one - as he fully understands the problem fans had with Crystal Skull, and wants to do one last one, to set the series back on course before closing the book on the series... and i agree... this was kind of his same mentality going into Last Crusade after Temple Of Doom.. so if he could deliver one last good outing for old Indy - then i'm all for it.

The Thomas Crown Affair - i really really enjoyed this movie, and have been waiting forever for a sequel to get green lit... but again, who knows... i understand it was really close to happening at one point, then all of sudden, it just lost momentum..

Halloween 3 directed by Rob Zombie - i really enjoyed his retelling of the original Halloween, and i thought his sequel was almost there, but fell victim to a severe rush job - not to mention, major studio interference which made the final product a complete mess (his original idea i thought was much more interesting than what ended up on screen)... Zombie isn't an awful director, I think he's talented - but i just think his faults at times lie in the writing... but if i were calling the shots, i would want him back to wrap up his own trilogy of Myers films and then ride off to do whatever else he wants.... but, his H2 did end with some finality lol... for once in the series.

Reservoir Dogs/Pulp Fiction - i've heard rumors either kicked around by Tarantino himself or just by wishful thinking fanboys, about doing a movie centering around the Vega brothers played by Michael Madsen and John Travolta.. ever since i heard this idea, i have been salivating over it lol.

Jack Ryan film #5 - i've always enjoyed the Tom Clancy movies staring Jack Ryan, and would love to see a 5th one get made.. but who knows if one will - i remember they were tossing around the idea of doing a Rainbow 6 movie a while ago, and Ryan would be involved... but i think that idea fizzled out after some time.

Hellboy 3.... i really liked the first two, and wish they would do a third.

Spaceballs 2: The Quest For More Money .... it was always a running joke with Mel Brooks movies about mentioning sequels but never doing them... but ever since the prequels of Star Wars came out, I thought a Spaceballs prequel spoof would be hilarious.

Clerks 3... again, we'll see if this one gets made... it may sound blasphemous, but I liked Clerks 2 better than I liked the original (which i really do like).. but i think Kevin Smith's storytelling is better in the sequel, and i really liked the message about friendship involved... so, i would welcome a 3rd film to show how Dante and Randall are handling their 40s - with whatever job it is their doing lol.

Team America 2.. what else is there really to say - the first one was so damned funny, that I would love to see another.. but Parker and Stone have vowed to never do a film with puppets ever again lol.

Cloverfield 2.. i've heard different ideas about this one and how it could work.. but i always felt that if they wanted to keep the same first person style - then having a reporter who is with the military during the same time period as the events of the first film might be interesting... or maybe picking up halfway through the events of the first film, and going beyond the end, to show how they do in fact kill the monster..
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    I could do with another Nightmare On Elm Street, TBH. I thought the Platinum Dunes reboot was good enough to spawn some sequels.
    I've been waiting ages for the Man from UNCLE movie but it really does'nt seem to be on track. Talk of Guy Ritchie directing but no more news. Maybe Robert Downey could play Napoleon Solo .
  • - Rise of the Planet of the Apes (There's probably going to be one anyway)
    - X-Men : First Class (Set before the first X-Men film)
    I'm not interested in this film but Scary Movie 5 had a release date set last year for April 2012, yet nothing has happened as far as I know. What a mess! LOL.
    HASEROT wrote:
    Indiana Jones - i know a 5th installment is in the works according to Spielberg, but who knows when it will be made... i am with Steven on this one - as he fully understands the problem fans had with Crystal Skull, and wants to do one last one, to set the series back on course before closing the book on the series... and i agree... this was kind of his same mentality going into Last Crusade after Temple Of Doom.. so if he could deliver one last good outing for old Indy - then i'm all for it.

I agree, I'd love one last film, written as a final film that ends the Indy saga. There's still a while for this to happen, maybe 2018 is the limit, so we may get it as soon as 2015 or 2016... I just really want it to be made.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Samuel001 wrote:
    There's still a while for this to happen, maybe 2018 is the limit, so we may get it as soon as 2015 or 2016... I just really want it to be made.

Ford will be 76 in 2018... surely that's too old ?
    edited January 2012 Posts: 13,350
    Samuel001 wrote:
    There's still a while for this to happen, maybe 2018 is the limit, so we may get it as soon as 2015 or 2016... I just really want it to be made.

Ford will be 76 in 2018... surely that's too old ?

Well, 75 when he shoots the film.

I was thinking along the lines of 10 years since the last one. Realistically 70 is too old but I think Ford wants to do another and many would like a final film, that's better than the last!

Would you want a fifth, DC?
    Samuel001 wrote:

Sooner rather than later, yes... ;)
    Samuel001 wrote:

Sooner rather than later, yes... ;)

Well 2015 is the soonest and Ford will be 72.

My fingers are crossed, mind.