Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• edited November 2018 Posts: 235
    I'm playing Alpha Protocol.
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    For me it has to be Bioshock Infinite, closely followed by Bioshock 1.

image?url=8Oaj9Ryq1G1_p3lLnXlsaZgGzAie6Mnu24_PawYuDYIoH77pJ.X5Z.MqQPibUVTcAmI08Co7ANyYUhHd2fkPR8bJSnZkk0pVOiR0Vav1jXfIABYqN0U2ZjNnS8.DREwQHvlI4WkdOFwc0l33T_T.w_tMhQYUOXfXykL2Zs_wewO8jLQamZx6CZ7ZgttNouAjPYPh.IQLqDe2h53wx.K3kEO0S4ZpLJDM20B43WhUtDc-&h=1080&w=1920&format=jpg
    I always have an absolute blast going through the entire trilogy.

The third game may be different and all, but I do like it.

Overall, however, my favourite is definitely the second game.

I agree with this post. All of it.

The third game has the best action. Ridiculously exhilarating stuff.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited November 2018 Posts: 23,060
    51DFWVTQ8GL._SY445_.jpg

I loved this game when I had it on PS2
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Hopping around a bit,

Metal Gear Solid V
    Umbrella Corps
    Doom
    Star Wars Battlefront II
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    51DFWVTQ8GL._SY445_.jpg

I still play it every now and then. It's my second favourite spy video game of all time.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    51DFWVTQ8GL._SY445_.jpg

I still play it every now and then. It's my second favourite spy video game of all time.

Not played it for sometime as no longer have a PS2, saw it cheap on PC had to buy it. I am surprised it never generated a series of games.
    51DFWVTQ8GL._SY445_.jpg

Not played it for sometime as no longer have a PS2, saw it cheap on PC had to buy it. I am surprised it never generated a series of games.
    I have the PC version myself. It's installed on my computer.

Sadly, a sequel was planned as the ending suggests, but the game didn't sell as well as they hoped. So, further efforts to adapt the remaining story arcs/issues were shelved.

A television series based on XIII was made a few years ago. The first season adapts the comic book issues well, but the second season goes for a pseudo-psychological confusion of a storyline not based on any existing material and ballses up big time.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    51DFWVTQ8GL._SY445_.jpg

Sadly, a sequel was planned as the ending suggests, but the game didn't sell as well as they hoped. So, further efforts to adapt the remaining story arcs/issues were shelved.

A television series based on XIII was made a few years ago. The first season adapts the comic book issues well, but the second season goes for a pseudo-psychological confusion of a storyline not based on any existing material and ballses up big time.

It was still a relatively decent espionage show.
    51DFWVTQ8GL._SY445_.jpg

It was still a relatively decent espionage show.
    Loved the first season, but the second one didn't do it for me at all. It was a poor man's Inception.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    51DFWVTQ8GL._SY445_.jpg

I’m glad this game has been brought to my attention. I’ll probably have to pick it up sometime.
    51DFWVTQ8GL._SY445_.jpg

I was unaware of a TV show I'll look for it out of curiosity.
    51DFWVTQ8GL._SY445_.jpg

I’m glad this game has been brought to my attention. I’ll probably have to pick it up sometime.

Highly recommend it's a very good game.
    edited November 2018 Posts: 3,000
    I just had one of the greatest and most unique gaming experiences of my life, and it was in Goldeneye Wii of all things. A little background: The online multiplayer for this game is, surprisingly, still up and active. It’s full of hackers, but the good kind; modders. Fairly often, you’ll encounter a hacked match where something has been changed to make it more fun, and it’s fair because it’s applied to every player. Tonight I was in a match hosted by a player named FunHax Burd, and I’m not entirely sure of everything that he changed, but he basically fixed the mechanics of the game. Aiming was smoother, faster, and more precise. Movement, including running, felt faster and more controlled. Bullets seemed far more lethal and effective. And he put everyone on a level playing field using the same gun; the silenced Sigmus 9. It was so much fun, and with the improved gameplay, I was kicking ass! This is the way it should have played all along, and I love the unregulated wild west of hacks that this game has become.
  • edited November 2018 Posts: 235
    I just had one of the greatest and most unique gaming experiences of my life, and it was in Goldeneye Wii of all things. A little background: The online multiplayer for this game is, surprisingly, still up and active. It’s full of hackers, but the good kind; modders. Fairly often, you’ll encounter a hacked match where something has been changed to make it more fun, and it’s fair because it’s applied to every player. Tonight I was in a match hosted by a player named FunHax Burd, and I’m not entirely sure of everything that he changed, but he basically fixed the mechanics of the game. Aiming was smoother, faster, and more precise. Movement, including running, felt faster and more controlled. Bullets seemed far more lethal and effective. And he put everyone on a level playing field using the same gun; the silenced Sigmus 9. It was so much fun, and with the improved gameplay, I was kicking ass! This is the way it should have played all along, and I love the unregulated wild west of hacks that this game has become.

I remember playing GoldenEye Reloaded on Xbox 360 and a lot of cheaters on that as well.
    Mazouni wrote: »

I remember playing GoldenEye Reloaded on Xbox 360 and a lot of cheaters on that as well.

Yeah I’ve never understood the desire to cheat at a game, but fortunately the majority of the hackers I’ve encountered are simply modding the game equally for everyone to make it more fun.
  • edited November 2018 Posts: 2,107
    Red Dead Redemption, the main story. Now playing through the longest epilogue I've ever seen in a videogame.

And it was awe-frikkin-some. Huge improvements over the original. Also very different. Not many duel showdowns, since I could't actually get hang of it. Very different than the cinematic stand off's of the original.

Game of the year fo sho.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Hitman / Hitman 2

I've only played the opening level of Hitman 2, the beach level. Sneaking up a beach towards a lone summer house, with lighting lighting up the distant sky, gave me Bond vibes. While I have played only that mission of Hitman 2, I have downloaded the Legacy Pack, which consists of Hitman, but with improvements to the gameplay.

With these two games doubling down on stealth and planning, Hitman: Abomination is now a distant memory.
    Playing through Banjo-Tooie for the first time. I still have a long way to go to beat it, but so far it’s very impressive and pretty much all I could have hoped for. Banjo-Kazooie is one of my all-time favorite games, and Tooie so far is just as good.
    Galaga. You know what they say - can’t beat the classics. And I love this game.

Oh also playing a ton of the new Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, which is fantastic.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Train Sim World
    I recently got around to buying the West Sommeret Railway dlc. I held off to make sure any bugs had been ironed out... they haven't. It's a lovely route, though, rolling hills and quaint rural stations. These anorak games, like the Farming Simulators, are an easy target, but I like the change of pace that they provide.

Subnautica
    Anyone else heard of this game? I didn't until very recently. I was intrigued at the thought of an underwater exploration game. There is a fair bit of grinding for resources, and there is no clear path of progression, but i'm hooked. Earlier today, I repaired the reactors of the Aurora, and added the Moonpool to my underwater base, so I have a safe place to dock my Seamoth, and quicker access to the base.
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Batman Arkham Knight (PS4). Picked this on Black Friday for $10, and have been playing it since. Great game, love the graphics. I am about 85% complete, now just grinding on Riddler trophies and riddles.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    A heads up for any Hitman 2 players - Elusive Target #2, The Revolutionary, goes live this Friday, December 21st.
    This time I will be ready.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    The Holiday Hoarders content (that's needlessly time-limited) is live now, too - four specific challenges that need completed, and you'll unlock the Santa Suit permanently.
    Just played The Spy Who Shot Me for the first time. I literally laughed out loud several times in just playing the first level! The writing is on point, and the voice acting for “Agent 7” is perfect. The game replicates the style classic video games flawlessly. The controls are smooth, quick, and fluid. Looking forward to playing more!
  • BennyBenny keeping tabs on youAdministrator, Moderator
    My son got a PS4 for Christmas. Whilst he's been playing Just Cause 4 (Which looks pretty cool despite not having played it very much myself.)
    I've become slightly hooked on Red Dead Redemption 2
    Stunning graphics and rather addictive game play. It might top GTA5 as my favourite game.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Benny wrote: »
    My son got a PS4 for Christmas. Whilst he's been playing Just Cause 4 (Which looks pretty cool despite not having played it very much myself.)
    I've become slightly hooked on Red Dead Redemption 2
    Stunning graphics and rather addictive game play. It might top GTA5 as my favourite game.

RDR2 is a slow burn, a true western in that nature. But where it really shines is character and story where for that reason alone, it is my favourite game of all time
    Any fans of the Yakuza series? While they are Playstation exclusives, they have been around since the PS2 era!

title.jpg

I have been working my way through Yakuza 0 (a 1980's set prequel to the first game), but have stopped progressing through the story to build up my cash by playing the Cabaret Club business game. I hope I am wrong, but I have a bad feeling how this game will end. The game has shifted focus from Kazuma Kiryu (the star of the series), and Goro Majima. And I get the feeling these two are on a collision course. It's going to be like the unstoppable force colliding with an immovable object. I played one of the PS2 games years ago, but remember nothing, and I have no idea of where this series goes, except that Kazuma Kiryu is still alive and kicking as of Yakuza 6.

The first 2 games have already had PS4 remasters (originally released on the PS2), and 3, 4 &5 are also confirmed to be getting PS4 remasters (originally released on the PS3).
    In preparation of the remake of Resident Evil 2 coming out later this month (a few days before my birthday, in fact), I've begun my series playthrough of Resident Evil starting with RE0. I'm playing the Wii port for the first time since owning it.
    By the way, am I the only one who thinks the last level in Hitman's Patient Zero storyline is a bit too sadistic?