Last Video Game You Played?

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @Creasy47 - The size of the update(s) are intimidating, but I think it is worth it. I nearly gave up, myself, because the mammoth size of the day one update, but I saw it through to completion and am so glad I did.

Well I'd gladly agree if I could play the damn thing. I'm returning it if I waste time updating it again and it still won't let me start it.

I'm not sure what has happened. How far are you able to get, to the title screen?

I made zero progress, and this is on the Xbox One. I go to launch it, it tells me it'll be a minute or two, and 15-20 seconds later it told me I'd have to uninstall then reinstall, over and over again. So I uninstalled, going to try and download it over the next two nights cause it really bogs the Internet down. I'll be livid if it doesn't play the second time.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    @Creasy47 - The size of the update(s) are intimidating, but I think it is worth it. I nearly gave up, myself, because the mammoth size of the day one update, but I saw it through to completion and am so glad I did.

Well I'd gladly agree if I could play the damn thing. I'm returning it if I waste time updating it again and it still won't let me start it.

I'm not sure what has happened. How far are you able to get, to the title screen?

I made zero progress, and this is on the Xbox One. I go to launch it, it tells me it'll be a minute or two, and 15-20 seconds later it told me I'd have to uninstall then reinstall, over and over again. So I uninstalled, going to try and download it over the next two nights cause it really bogs the Internet down. I'll be livid if it doesn't play the second time.

Hhmm... bizarre. Whatever that is, it's news to me. Could be something only ocuring on the XBX.
    It very well could be. Hopefully this reinstall fixes the issue because I've been dying to play this one.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited July 2018 Posts: 13,866
    It very well could be. Hopefully this reinstall fixes the issue because I've been dying to play this one.

Whatever it is, I hope you are able to sort it out. It would be a shame out miss out on the Kingdom Come: Deliverance experience.
    Nearly 51% downloaded overall after last night, so we'll find out tomorrow morning if it worked or not.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Anyone seen this?

@doubleoego, I posted that over in the Coolest Thing You'll See All Day thread yesterday. Likely the closest we'll get to a proper adaptation, it feels like.
    Nearly 51% downloaded overall after last night, so we'll find out tomorrow morning if it worked or not.

Let me know what happens.

I love the Uncharted games, but a film just won't be the same as the games. With the games, we are in control, narrowly avoiding death every few minutes.

Let me know what happens.

I love the Uncharted games, but a film just won't be the same as the games. With the games, we are in control, narrowly avoiding every few minutes.

That's what I've said from the get go: I'd prefer something more akin to the source material, but no matter what route they go, it just won't be the same as actually controlling Drake during some massive, harrowing action set piece.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    @doubleoego, I posted that over in the Coolest Thing You'll See All Day thread yesterday. Likely the closest we'll get to a proper adaptation, it feels like.

Yeah, I saw it after I posted it here. As a fan of the series it's the biggest cock tease ever. Fillion as old as he is now was essentially perfect. If only he was 10 years younger and IF only Sony werent so...Sony. Funnily enough I just got around to playing the spin off game, Lost Legacy a few days ago too.
    edited July 2018 Posts: 40,285
    @MajorDSmythe, so I let the download run a little while this evening and it got to 64% complete and ready to play however much was loaded by that point, so I tried to load it and success! Loaded through to the main menu no problem, can't wait to try it out eventually.

I also got Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 that I'll likely play after I give Kingdom Come a go.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Anyone seen this?

That was amazing! I so want a full movie of this!
    @MajorDSmythe, so I let the download run a little while this evening and it got to 64% complete and ready to play however much was loaded by that point, so I tried to load it and success! Loaded through to the main menu no problem, can't wait to try it out eventually.

Oh, excellent. Let me know what you think. This will sound like an obvious piece of advice, put pick your play style as early as possible, and work on it as much as you can. Archery is daunting, because unlike Skyrim KC:D doesn't give you a reticule to show where your arrow will land. But liek in real life, practice makes perfect.
    I also got Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 that I'll likely play after I give Kingdom Come a go.

I had mixed about that one. Sniping mechanics were solid, but the were a number of annoying bugs, such as sticking the player to the scenery, forcing a checkpoint restart. The devs also introduced a multiplayer mode, but I didn't see the point. If you are looking for a really good sniper game, I would recommend Sniper Elite: 4. Even better sniping mechanics, set during WWII and bug free.
    I started a new game of Fallout New Vegas. I never did beat it, and when I looked at my 5+ year old save file I had no idea what I was up to, SO better to start from scratch!

I remember dismissing the game as 'glorified DLC' since it looks and feels so much like Fallout 3, but it's seriously a lot more fun than 4 I think
  • edited July 2018 Posts: 12,833
    From Russia With Love

This game is so frustrating. It really should have been an original story, none of the Connery Bond films are well suited to a video game. But if they had to go for one of the films, why choose the plot heavy one that's highly thought of for being more of a spy thriller than most other Bond films? Who's main villains they don't even have the rights to use?

The other big problem is that Connery is actually miscast. It's nice that he was up for it but his voice just isn't the same. It's so jarring and weird seeing Bond in his prime but with the voice of a frail old man. A voice double actually would have been a much better option imo. I know there are a lot of terrible Connery impressions out there but the ones they got for the other actors all did a good job, I'm sure they could have found a good one if they tried.

I think it actually feels a lot smoother to play than Everything or Nothing (the levels are a lot less memorable though). And it was a really cool idea, with no current Bond actor, to get the original back and go for a 60s set game (the game actually lets you wander round MI6 and interact with the original regulars, how great is that). But trying to adapt FRWL set them up to fail from the start
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    It's Lewis Gilbert's "From Russia With Love." ;)
    Speaking of Gilbert, YOLT would've been the ideal candidate for a Connery Bond videogame, in my opinion.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    mattjoes wrote: »
    Speaking of Gilbert, YOLT would've been the ideal candidate for a Connery Bond videogame, in my opinion.

I would have liked to see a Connery Bond trilogy of games, obviously with FRWL as the start, then doing Thunderball and YOLT.
    Beat chaos theory again and I plan on playing Alpha Protocol and then who knows
    @Creasy47 Have you had a chance to play Kingdom Come: Deliverance, if so, what do you think of it?
    @Creasy47 Have you had a chance to play Kingdom Come: Deliverance, if so, what do you think of it?

I never checked back in! So it worked, I played maybe five minutes (I can already tell it's going to be ridiculously immersive and the graphics are stunning), then had to quit cause I had plans. Returned to it, and apparently there was still an update left, so I set it aside and decided to try out this Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 game first, as I knew I'd breeze through it and it wouldn't be anywhere near as interactive or engaging as Kingdom Come, so hopefully I'll get to properly play the latter by next weekend.

I never checked back in! So it worked, I played maybe five minutes (I can already tell it's going to be ridiculously immersive and the graphics are stunning), then had to quit cause I had plans. Returned to it, and apparently there was still an update left, so I set it aside and decided to try out this Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3 game first, as I knew I'd breeze through it and it wouldn't be anywhere near as interactive or engaging as Kingdom Come, so hopefully I'll get to properly play the latter by next weekend.

Yeah, Sniper Ghost: Warrior 3 is pretty straight forward, and if you pay attention to trophy requirements, can be platimum'd in one play through.

Kingdom Come: Deliverance is very much an immersive experience. There is so much to do, and if on the off chance you get bored of quests, you can explore the land. You never know what you might find. Enjoy it, and keep me updated. Once Henry leaves Skalitz, that is when the game world will start to open up. I still haven't finished it myself. I will be going for a second play through, eventually, focusing more on open combat with metal armour/swords/axes/maces etc...

And it is't over yet, there is still dlc to come.

After all the poo SJW's flung at the dev team (how dare they create a historically accurate game), it much have been such sweet revenge to hear the news of more than 1,000,000 copies sold in less than a fortnight. Not bad for a first time dev team, creating a niche marketed, single player, story driven game.
    @MajorDSmythe, put maybe 10-15 hours into it and I'm already only a few story achievements away from 100%. Painfully easy, and the game wasn't too shabby overall so it was worth a go.

Yeah I had a feeling it was going to be INSANELY immersive to the point that I'd want to do nothing but play it, so I figured it was better overall to get this game out of the way because I have nothing else on my slate until a host of games releases in October/November, so I'm eager to have a few months to play it. I'll gladly share my first proper thoughts once I get into it a little bit.

What were the issues SJW's had with it? I'm sure this is going to be rich.
    Well, the game is set in Bohemia where the dev team are from. People, SJW's, took one look at the game, saw no white people, and cried "Racists!" Lead developer, Daniel Vávra, countered by saying he is from Bohemia, it is his history, and there were no black people there at the time the game is set. Those same SJW's still cried "Racists!" and even called for a boycott. :))

Seriously, if you want a good laugh, go and read the attempts to bring Vávra down to their level.
    edited July 2018 Posts: 40,285
    Those are the type of endlessly miserable people who get off on finding outrage where there is none. Sounds pathetic!

I now need to complete Act 4 on this and then I'm done 100% - incredibly short game, I do feel bad for those who bought it day one at $60; not only for that reason, but I know it was all-but-unplayable with all the bugs and horrid loading times (which are still terrible). Also, what's up with this goofy ass song they play on EVERY loading screen when you jump from zone to zone? I heard it two or three times and already wanted to blow my brains out, now I just mute the TV. Horrid.

EDIT: 100% done. That was relatively painless.
    007 Everything or Nothing

Still absolutely great, and extremely visually impressive for a PS2 game. Come on EON, we need a new Bond game. You see a market for a naff-looking, expensive LEGO DB5, but turn your back on the video game industry? You’re ignoring the one form of entertainment media that has officially surpassed the film industry.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns

Still absolutely great, and extremely visually impressive for a PS2 game. Come on EON, we need a new Bond game. You see a market for a naff-looking, expensive LEGO DB5, but turn your back on the video game industry? You’re ignoring the one form of entertainment media that has officially surpassed the film industry.
    "Bond is not for kids."

;)

"Bond is not for kids."

;)

Exactly what came to my mind when they announced that LEGO set. And T and M ratings don’t mean anything about age restriction right?
    Those are the type of endlessly miserable people who get off on finding outrage where there is none. Sounds pathetic!

I now need to complete Act 4 on this and then I'm done 100% - incredibly short game, I do feel bad for those who bought it day one at $60; not only for that reason, but I know it was all-but-unplayable with all the bugs and horrid loading times (which are still terrible). Also, what's up with this goofy ass song they play on EVERY loading screen when you jump from zone to zone? I heard it two or three times and already wanted to blow my brains out, now I just mute the TV. Horrid.

I mean to say "no black people", but you got the point. Still, they gave the game some free publicity, and that boycott worked wonders for sales.

I had to do a second play though of Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3, due to the dev team shifting a gun from one class to another, and voiding the trophy for anyone playing on a save created before the update.
    I have no idea what the deal was with that song. And as for the loading times, the devs did claim that they reduced them, though I saw no difference.

I mean to say "no black people", but you got the point. Still, they gave the game some free publicity, and that boycott worked wonders for sales.

I had to do a second play though of Sniper: Ghost Warrior 3, due to the dev team shifting a gun from one class to another, and voiding the trophy for anyone playing on a save created before the update.
    I have no idea what the deal was with that song. And as for the loading times, the devs did claim that they reduced them, though I saw no difference.

Funny, I initially gave it a shot before the update finished, when it told me that the save would no longer be compatible post-update, so I didn't even bother. As for the loading times, they were only bad when you initially started or the game or decided to jump from one region to another. They were horrendous, but nowhere near as bad as the overall checkpoint system the game utilized. I can't get over how terrible and inconsistent it was; even worse than those older GTA titles.