Last TV Show You Watched?

Comments

• ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Shardlake wrote: »
    Great to be back in the world of AC12

Series 5 of Line of Duty so far not disappointing, 2 episodes in.

The third one tonight was absolutely fantastic.

We'll catch up next weekend, watching them in 2 episode bouts, seems more of nourishing meal to digest that way.

Makes you wonder what Jed Mercurio could do for Bond?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    PIPPI LONGSTOCKING (Pippi Långstrump)

I got a box with all 13 episodes of the 1969 swedish series. Always loved it, one of my all time favourites. Slightly redacted, unfortunately.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    I remember Pippi from the late '80s. It must have been the New Adventures... film I saw.
    QBranch wrote: »
    I remember Pippi from the late '80s. It must have been the New Adventures... film I saw.

Yes , there was an American version in 1988. There has also been a Russian series.

The first Swedish film came out in the late 40s.

I love this.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    @SaintMark, they did one for Westworld, too!
    Never watched West world besides the original movie.
    Anyone here watched Billions? Finally tried it out, nearly through the first season already and I am loving it.
    Rewatching season four of Endeavour. Just love it.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    The Umbrella Academy

UmbrellaAcademy_header_0.jpg?itok=MNe0f_9i

Based on the acclaimed Dark Horse comic, this ten-parter certainly is one of the best things I've watched in recent times. Excellent cast, beautifully shot, takes off pretty fast (after the first two or so episodes), ...
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    THE END OF THE FxxxING WORLD

The-end-of-the-world-1472981.jpg?r=1534948037749

Absolutely brilliant. Can't wait for season 2!
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    The Walking Dead

As usual i'm a bit late to the party, but i am really enjoying this series.

I'm a little way through season 3 and i'm really loving the character of 'The Governor' played really well by the English actor David Morrisey. The quality of acting in this series is exceptional, and it's really well shot.

Hopefully the high quality will continue as i devour each season!
  • The Son Season 2 had begun! It's a bit of a hidden gem on AMC with our man Brosnan with a leading role. Season 2 has finally arrived after a 2 year wait! The show picks up a few years after the S1 finale, and it's mainly pretty good! A bit messy but lots going on this episode with a few different time periods.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    The Walking Dead

As usual i'm a bit late to the party, but i am really enjoying this series.

I'm a little way through season 3 and i'm really loving the character of 'The Governor' played really well by the English actor David Morrisey. The quality of acting in this series is exceptional, and it's really well shot.

Hopefully the high quality will continue as i devour each season!

Prepare yourself for a bit of a dip later on. Where this dip begins and if it ends are a point of contention between fans.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited April 2019 Posts: 23,327
    The Flash

2432509A3-BD31-527A-EF119DC7AF1011D2.jpg

My wife and I are a bit behind and binge watched Season 4 on Netflix. We still haven't seen any of 5, but as we wait for it to hit Netflix I've been watching Season 1 again in my spare time.
    I had forgotten just how GOOD this show was! I still can't believe they made a Reverse-Flash costume not look ridiculous in real life, lol.

I've been enjoying myself so much I even printed a copy of that 2024 newspaper to hang in my office! 8-}

385387e0-8de1-0132-4400-0ebc4eccb42f.gif

But honestly Season 1 was the best in retrospect- not EVERYONE had freaking powers back then and probably the one negative about it was the costume, which I think peaked in Season 4. In the beginning he still had that red logo and the suit itself was a little baggy and more brown than red. :-&

Hey that's a great idea regarding printing the newspaper article of The Flash and framing it.

I thought season 4 was good for the most part I won't mention 5. Season 1 is for me one of the very best first seasons of any show along with Heroes Season 1.
    Like so :))

53080076_10101974239315761_6916077564918235136_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent.fphl2-1.fna&oh=8d880d290ed9239a23aef5d29eeb4bb2&oe=5D33C1FE

Like the Batman 66 image also.

Edited: Where did you find the full page article of FLASH MISSING... .
    I have looked online and can only find pages with the roughly two thirds of the page. Cheers

• edited May 2019 Posts: 17,279
    Just started watching The Little Drummer Girl miniseries. One episode in and a good start I think. It will be exciting to see where things go from here.

Interestingly, on TV2 Sumo (TV2's streaming service), the miniseries is divided into eight episodes rather than six.
  • StanKobraStanKobra Serbia
    StanKobra wrote: »
    Huge recommendation for "The Little Drummer Girl", mini-series based on the book by John le Care.

Great cast, production design and locations, with masterful direction by "Oldboy" legend Park Chan-wook.

"The Night Manager" was good, I think this one is even better, more compelling story.

Criminally underseen, methinks.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Just started watching The Little Drummer Girl miniseries. One episode in and a good start I think. It will be exciting to see where things go from here.

Interestingly, on TV2 Sumo (TV2's streaming service), the miniseries is divided into eight episodes rather than six.

That was pretty great. Wonderful performances all round and the production was classy as hell.

The-Americans-James-Minchin-FX.jpg

Just finished The Americans. After being a strong follower for the first four seasons, I missed out on the last two and enough time went by that a full rewatch was warranted. And it was extremely rewarding. A consistently great series.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Rewatching 24 for the first time since... 2014, I think. Maybe earlier, hell. I've remembered more than I thought, forgotten more than I knew.
  • edited May 2019 Posts: 17,279

That was pretty great. Wonderful performances all round and the production was classy as hell.

The-Americans-James-Minchin-FX.jpg

Just finished The Americans. After being a strong follower for the first four seasons, I missed out on the last two and enough time went by that a full rewatch was warranted. And it was extremely rewarding. A consistently great series.

Really like the production in the first episode. It will probably be just as good in the rest of the episodes as well.

Started watching The Americans again a couple of weeks ago. After finishing season one years ago I stopped midway through season two. Don't know why, but I wasn't feeling it at the time - even though it's a genre I love.
    The Missing

Lovely, tight-knit mystery series with the incredibly charming Tcheky Karyo in the lead. I suppose you could consider it an anthology series of sorts, despite him and his family being the main carry over characters between the first two seasons. I thought season one started out incredibly with a bit of a weak ending, whereas it was the opposite for season two - not the best start but a really great conclusion. It seems Netflix has picked it up for a third season/spinoff involving a missing person in Amsterdam, drops in a couple of weeks and I'm really eager to check it out.

Dexter

Never saw the last two seasons years back, despite knowing how it ended, so I figured I'd give it a full rewatch. Has its moments for sure, ending is incredibly weak but I do like the changing dynamic around season seven, really helped spice the show up and make it different. Does get a bit predictable and formulaic after a while, though, can only see Dexter taking out so many serial killers with convenient connections to him and those around him before it gets tiresome.

When They See Us

Only one episode down, but this is an aggravatingly incredible miniseries. Heartbreaking that it's not fiction, knowing that these boys actually endured all of this.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Chernobyl 2019

Only the first 2 episodes but you can see why this is garnering so much praise.

From the get go and air of dread that grips you and doesn't let go, quite extraordinary television.

Like watching a horror film, reminded me of Threads. I believe the next 2 episodes are even more harrowing, will know this time tomorrow.

Thoroughly recommended but far from pleasant viewing.
    Chernobyl 2019

From the get go and air of dread that grips you and doesn't let go, quite extraordinary television.

Like watching a horror film, reminded me of Threads. I believe the next 2 episodes are even more harrowing, will know this time tomorrow.

Easy some of the best TV viewing I've had in years, and I've watched a lot of shows lately. It's some stunning work with incredible acting and a real eye and attention to detail.
    Zone Blanche which is a brilliant French show.
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 3,336
    Chernobyl 2019

Seen the 3 first episodes. Really good so far.
    As I recently bought the first six seasons of FUTURAMA, one of my favourite cartoons, I have started on a Futuramathon. It s been a long time, and there are things I didn t pick up on before. Brilliant stuff!
  • WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    Stranger Things 3

This was awesome, can't wait for part 4. Nice tease at the end too.
    I was thinking that series 3 were the last?
    Years and Years.

I highly recommend this. It's the only show speaking about the things we all should be talking about. Plus, it features our very own Bill Tanner.
  • conradhankersconradhankers Underground
    Stranger Things 3

This was awesome, can't wait for part 4. Nice tease at the end too.

Agreed, a step up from Season 2 and no more rouge episodes. Like the new additions and they worked really well. A lovely balance of being a kids' show with adult themes. Crazy but awesome.