Last TV Show You Watched?

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Remington wrote: »
    Burn Notice (2007-2013) - Always fun to watch. But, that's a limit I can only provide to the first five seasons, especially the first two seasons. It's a big surprise we don't see Jeffrey Donovan around in big theatrical titles. The guy is a damn fine actor.
    Loved the first few seasons of Burn Notice. It has a real Miami Vice vibe that I enjoy. The last couple of seasons were a chore toget through at times though.
    I watched the sixth and seventh seasons the time they first aired. I think that was enough. The moment the Anson character shows up, the show loses its spark for me. One annoying character who's apparently the author of all Michael's pain and that stuff. The melodrama is such a drag, I'd rather the storyline was left open ended and we didn't get to see how Michael deals with the shadowy organization.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Burn Notice (2007-2013) - Always fun to watch. But, that's a limit I can only provide to the first five seasons, especially the first two seasons. It's a big surprise we don't see Jeffrey Donovan around in big theatrical titles. The guy is a damn fine actor.

Yeah, whatever happened with Donovan? I never watched that series in its entirety but I did like Donovan, and I think ever since it ended I only ever noticed him in season 2 (I believe) of Fargo and a tiny bit role in Sicario and its sequel. Shame he hasn't been in more since that concluded.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    Yeah, whatever happened with Donovan? I never watched that series in its entirety but I did like Donovan, and I think ever since it ended I only ever noticed him in season 2 (I believe) of Fargo and a tiny bit role in Sicario and its sequel. Shame he hasn't been in more since that concluded.
    Agreed. Damning shame we don't see much of him. Sicario could've used more screen-time with him, since his character was sort of interesting. A bastardized version of Michael Westen who went down the route of Dead Larry from Burn Notice.

All in all, the show alone demonstrates Donovan's terrific versatility of various performances, often adopting personalities he blends easily into, using numerous accents rather perfectly, you'd know he's a damn fine actor. Can't imagine anyone else in the role of Michael Westen anyway.

I hope he returns to another spy show one day while being in the lead role the way Don Johnson did the transition from Miami Vice to Nash Bridges.
    Rewatching the series Avatar: The Last Airbender. Still my #1 favorite show. It’s packed with creativity, colorful characters, big laughs, intense drama, and some seriously sad moments too. Iroh is one of my favorite characters in all fiction.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Rewatching the series Avatar: The Last Airbender. Still my #1 favorite show. It’s packed with creativity, colorful characters, big laughs, intense drama, and some seriously sad moments too. Iroh is one of my favorite characters in all fiction.

Checked out anything else the Avatar teams have done? The Dragon Prince, on Netflix, has a strong Avatar vibe running through it.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    True Detective Season 3 2019

As much as I loved Season 1 of True Detective there was always something a little far-fetched about that ending that didn't seem in keeping with what we'd witnessed before.

So with this taken into account I think S3 might well be the best yet, Mahershala Ali has been as good as both McConaughey & Harrelson were. Quite extraordinary how he's captured the 3 timelines and the change in his performance to illustrate the age gain, the brilliant ageing techniques will get you so far but without an actor to convey the advancing years it's just window dressing, Ali is quite extraordinary, one of the best performances on a TV show for many a year.

Though Stephen Dorff also handling the advancing years' element effectively is the real surprise here. Not to say he's not a good actor but here he shows he's a brilliant actor, matching Ali each time, a great chemistry between both actors, as good as the Matt and Woody's dynamic in Season 1.

There is also an impressive supporting cast but this belongs to its 2 leads as the first season did. Great direction from Jeremy Saulnier and Daniel Sackheim.

Also, the way it concludes is much more satisfying and keeping with the tone of what has gone, can imagine some might be disappointed but the grounding of it is to its credit.

Thoroughly recommended and more than makes up for the second season blip.
    I thought season three was pretty solid and definitely made up for the nightmarish train wreck that was season two. I do have to say though that from the beginning, I had a feeling that:
    It was going to be less of a 'who is the killer' mystery and more of what we got: a conspiracy, of sorts, where the brother died accidentally and the girl genuinely did run off. Which is fine, of course, there's nothing inherently wrong with that direction, but god, that exposition-laden scene with Mr. June in the finale just about killed me. Seemed so lazy to just say "Oh yeah, here's five minutes of flashbacks detailing everything that occurred." I felt season one was much better in slowly unraveling the mystery, particularly that the answer (or the major clue that would lead to the answer) was there in the series premiere.
    I thought season three was pretty solid and definitely made up for the nightmarish train wreck that was season two. I do have to say though that from the beginning, I had a feeling that:
    It was going to be less of a 'who is the killer' mystery and more of what we got: a conspiracy, of sorts, where the brother died accidentally and the girl genuinely did run off. Which is fine, of course, there's nothing inherently wrong with that direction, but god, that exposition-laden scene with Mr. June in the finale just about killed me. Seemed so lazy to just say "Oh yeah, here's five minutes of flashbacks detailing everything that occurred." I felt season one was much better in slowly unraveling the mystery, particularly that the answer (or the major clue that would lead to the answer) was there in the series premiere.
    I just S1 kind of let it's self down with the SOTL like ending, whereas yes I can understand about the exposition but conclusion of the story seemed more real and in keeping with the tone of the story unlike S1 where in the last episode it took a different turn that seemed a bit serial killer by numbers.

Also Ali was just extraordinary in his performance and Dorff was brilliant as well.
    Both Ali and Dorff were fantastic, they had great chemistry and played off one another quite well. I'm hoping the numbers for this season were strong enough that we get a fourth season some day. Either way, I'm very glad it didn't end with season two, that's for damn sure.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart

I've been hooked on Burn Notice since late January. Just started season 5. I'm glad that I didn't watch it when it originally ran because the season ending setups would have made me bonkers waiting months for the next season
    Finally started with Games of Thrones series 4, I must say the show is easy to enjoy due to its massive scope and cast.
    Leaving Neverland Parts 1 & 2 2019

I'll just leave this here but I felt like having a few showers after watching this.
    SaintMark wrote: »
    Finally started with Games of Thrones series 4, I must say the show is easy to enjoy due to its massive scope and cast.

I've been rewatching the series before the final season premiere next month, up to S4E3 myself.
    I’ve been watching the tense series Baptiste on BBC for the last few weeks and I’ve ONLY JUST realized the lead actor Tchéky Karyo also played Dimitri Mishkin in GoldenEye.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Anyone watch Wayne on YouTube Premium? Absolutely loved it.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I've been enjoying my trip through Batman: The Animated Series. A wonderful stroll down memory lane.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Working through a number of things at the moment.

Rewatched seasons 1-5 of SPOOKS.
    Finished SPARTACUS: WAR OF THE DAMNED.
    Seasons 1-3 of NARCOS.
    Finished the first season of EL CHAPO.
    Recently started watching ARCHER, currently halfway through season 2.
    And finally, AMERICAN CRIME STORY: THE ASSASSINATION OF GIANNINI VERSACE.
    @CraigMooreOHMSS, any plans to add Narcos: Mexico to that list?
    @CraigMooreOHMSS, any plans to add Narcos: Mexico to that list?

Already done, @Creasy47, and I very much enjoyed it. Though one of course misses the 'big personality' that Escobar brought to the show.

After Mexico Season 1, I decided to go back and do a Narcos refresher course in anticipation of Season 2. A great show to have on while you're on the treadmill.
    I know there are maybe one or two people on here that have watched Narcos in its entirety so perhaps it was you I've been discussing it with all along, it's easy to mix up what I talk about and with who. But yes, it definitely felt like a missing puzzle piece in the form of Escobar's persona, but I thought the cast as a whole was fantastic and Mexico is up there with my favorite season of the series, tied with season one.
    I know there are maybe one or two people on here that have watched Narcos in its entirety so perhaps it was you I've been discussing it with all along, it's easy to mix up what I talk about and with who. But yes, it definitely felt like a missing puzzle piece in the form of Escobar's persona, but I thought the cast as a whole was fantastic and Mexico is up there with my favorite season of the series, tied with season one.

Absolutely agree. Both Diego Luna and Michael Pêna were outstanding, too.

Absolutely agree. Both Diego Luna and Michael Pêna were outstanding, too.

Indeed, and the season-wide appearance of our very own General Medrano was a nice touch, too, I always love seeing Joaquín Cosío appear in TV and film.
    Nero a metà - https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7197558/
    Italian crime series about a Roman policeman (Police officer in Rome) and it does deliver quite some drama and gorgeous Italian ladies.
    ( recovering from a pulmonary infection that has kept me home and the Netflix is really a blessing)

Italian crime series about a Roman policeman (Police officer in Rome) and it does deliver quite some drama and gorgeous Italian ladies.
    ( recovering from a pulmonary infection that has kept me home and the Netflix is really a blessing)

Suburra is on my watchlist. Looks like I'll have to add this one, too.

He's an extremely entertaining performer. Hammy in a humorous way, but convincing as a malicious and vicious ogre.

The show itself shares these traits at times. His last scene (you know the one I'm talking about) both had me in stitches but also left a strangely bad taste in the mouth. Narcos does that kind of thing very well.
    Trapped Season 2

What can I say, they came back and knocked it out the park again.

Totally different type of story more personal and not so epic as S1 but again brilliantly acted, fantastic cinematography the Iceland landscape is used so brilliantly.

Come whole heartedly recommended.

Must agree greatly enjoyed Narcos Mexico, not seen a bad season of this yet. I still think the first 2 seasons of the original show are the best but still enthrals me each time.
    edited April 2019 Posts: 40,473
    The Twilight Zone: The Comedian

Went ahead and watched this since CBS All Access put it up on YouTube for free (I'll link the episode after this post). Love Peele as the narrator, but this was an awful episode to get audiences hooked and interested in shelling out to watch the rest of the series. It was too long (could've shaved 10-20 minutes and been all the better for having done so), littered with filler (once you see where things are going, the second act really drags), and it was way too easy to figure out in the opening minutes where it was all heading - not that an obvious twist necessarily makes it bad, but when you're rebooting/reimagining such a beloved, iconic television series that delivered such insane twists and mind-blowing revelations, they could've done much better than what they offered up here. I'll check out the rest of the season eventually, I won't shoot it all down collectively just yet based on the opening episode.

For anyone interested, feel free to check out the premiere on YouTube:

The Flash

2432509A3-BD31-527A-EF119DC7AF1011D2.jpg

My wife and I are a bit behind and binge watched Season 4 on Netflix. We still haven't seen any of 5, but as we wait for it to hit Netflix I've been watching Season 1 again in my spare time.
    I had forgotten just how GOOD this show was! I still can't believe they made a Reverse-Flash costume not look ridiculous in real life, lol.

I've been enjoying myself so much I even printed a copy of that 2024 newspaper to hang in my office! 8-}

385387e0-8de1-0132-4400-0ebc4eccb42f.gif

But honestly Season 1 was the best in retrospect- not EVERYONE had freaking powers back then and probably the one negative about it was the costume, which I think peaked in Season 4. In the beginning he still had that red logo and the suit itself was a little baggy and more brown than red. :-&
    Like so :))

53080076_10101974239315761_6916077564918235136_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_ht=scontent.fphl2-1.fna&oh=8d880d290ed9239a23aef5d29eeb4bb2&oe=5D33C1FE
    Great to be back in the world of AC12

Series 5 of Line of Duty so far not disappointing, 2 episodes in.
    Shardlake wrote: »
    Great to be back in the world of AC12

Series 5 of Line of Duty so far not disappointing, 2 episodes in.

The third one tonight was absolutely fantastic.