Last TV Show You Watched?

Comments

• WillardWhyteWillardWhyte Midnight Society #ProjectMoon
    SaintMark wrote: »
    I was thinking that series 3 were the last?

After the end credits, I would say we have potential for a 4th season.

Stranger Things 3

This was awesome, can't wait for part 4. Nice tease at the end too.

Agreed, a step up from Season 2 and no more rouge episodes. Like the new additions and they worked really well. A lovely balance of being a kids' show with adult themes. Crazy but awesome.

Well said!
    Possible Hopper in the Russian cell at the end, or maybe Dr. Brenner in the cell, and Hopper jumped in the Upside down?
    Been watching blood and treasure best show of the summer
    Bought the complete Twilight Zone collection. Super excited to dig in and marathon soon. It’s one of my favorite shows ever.
  • conradhankersconradhankers Underground
    I was thinking that series 3 were the last?

After the end credits, I would say we have potential for a 4th season.

Stranger Things 3

This was awesome, can't wait for part 4. Nice tease at the end too.

Agreed, a step up from Season 2 and no more rouge episodes. Like the new additions and they worked really well. A lovely balance of being a kids' show with adult themes. Crazy but awesome.

Well said!
    Possible Hopper in the Russian cell at the end, or maybe Dr. Brenner in the cell, and Hopper jumped in the Upside down?
    I think Hopper is gone for sure. The actor's Marvel committments and salary demands might have seen him written out. I think Dr. Martin Brenner is in that 'American' cell.

The Boys on Amazon is just plain so subversive, on the nose, and super watchable. Homelander/Homeland Security??? Adult content all the way, I'm surpised the powers that be let it happen. It so undercuts Marvel, DC, Millienials, World Govt...etc. Wow. Oh and Karl Urban is so charasmatic. Forever Dredd.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The Boys on Amazon is just plain so subversive, on the nose, and super watchable. Homelander/Homeland Security??? Adult content all the way, I'm surpised the powers that be let it happen. It so undercuts Marvel, DC, Millienials, World Govt...etc. Wow. Oh and Karl Urban is so charasmatic. Forever Dredd.

Looks fun.

Looks fun.

it's not fun at all. it's dark, creepy, and full of realism and pathos. just watch the airplane scene and that captures the greatness of this show. jaw-dropping.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    THE NEWSROOM

jeff_daniels_the_newsroom_h_2013.jpg

I watched all three seasons of this HBO show. I love it. Sorkin is a superb writer. Daniels, Munn, Mortimer and others give excellent performances. Even politically speaking, I find myself "illuminated" by the series. Now, I know that this series was heavily disliked in the States. And can see why. Words aren't exactly being minced. But as far as the show's entertainment value goes, this is great stuff no matter where you stand on the political spectrum. I'm planning on going back for a second run soon.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited July 2019 Posts: 23,267
    H1qHHK.jpg
    Episode 1 great start I'll most likely binge watch the rest of season 1 tomorrow
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld
    The Last TV show I watched was Columbo "The Most Crucial Game". Robert Culp as the murdering heavy as a GM of a football team. Sam Rockwell as the drunken rich playboy. Valerie Harper in a nice turn and a small part. Dean Jagger as the elderly lawyer who isn't as innocent as first believed. Of course the wonderful Peter Falk as Columbo.

Wonderful touches through out the show. From Columbo getting his feet wet and then complaining about his shoes for the remainder of the episode. The little girl who really wants the Ding-a-Ling ice cream and is pissed when Culp drives off to kill the playboy.

Highly recommend this series and this show!
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    thedove wrote: »
    The Last TV show I watched was Columbo "The Most Crucial Game". Robert Culp as the murdering heavy as a GM of a football team. Sam Rockwell as the drunken rich playboy. Valerie Harper in a nice turn and a small part. Dean Jagger as the elderly lawyer who isn't as innocent as first believed. Of course the wonderful Peter Falk as Columbo.

Wonderful touches through out the show. From Columbo getting his feet wet and then complaining about his shoes for the remainder of the episode. The little girl who really wants the Ding-a-Ling ice cream and is pissed when Culp drives off to kill the playboy.

Highly recommend this series and this show!

Dean Stockwell ;) the Robert Culp Columbo movies were some of my favourite
    edited August 2019 Posts: 23,267
    The Boys four episodes in best show I have seen in a long time, there is so much subtext
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    As I now own all the first 18 seasons of The Simpsons, I have started on a Simpsonathon. I never tire of this, and maybe there are a few episodes in the later seasons I haven t seen before?
    H1qHHK.jpg
    Episode 1 great start I'll most likely binge watch the rest of season 1 tomorrow

You need a strong stomach - but it is an awesome show. How we've never had a Dredd 2 is beyond belief. Best show I've watched for a few months.
    As I now own all the first 18 seasons of The Simpsons, I have started on a Simpsonathon. I never tire of this, and maybe there are a few episodes in the later seasons I haven t seen before?

I love the first 8 seasons - particularly 4, 5, and 6 - but after that it went downhill for me.
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 6,677
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    THE NEWSROOM

jeff_daniels_the_newsroom_h_2013.jpg

I watched all three seasons of this HBO show. I love it. Sorkin is a superb writer. Daniels, Munn, Mortimer and others give excellent performances. Even politically speaking, I find myself "illuminated" by the series. Now, I know that this series was heavily disliked in the States. And can see why. Words aren't exactly being minced. But as far as the show's entertainment value goes, this is great stuff no matter where you stand on the political spectrum. I'm planning on going back for a second run soon.

One of my favourite shows ever. I've seen it 5 times. That speedy dialogue is what turns me on. That...and Olivia Munn ;)

100614-olivia-munn-newsroom-style-594.jpg?itok=aN5IUjvy

And that speech right at the beginning is wonderful. And that garage band impromptu at the funeral was amazing. So many good scenes. Ok, gotta go watch it for the 6th time.

maxresdefault.jpg

Can you imagine The Newsroom during the Trump era?, @DarthDimi. I mean, with the fake news and all... I was devastated when the show ended. As with every single show written by Sorkin. Studio 60 was brilliant as well.
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    @Univex
    Right? RIGHT?

I am waiting for Sorkin to bring these characters back, now more than ever. And Olivia Munn--bring back Olivia Munn! :D
  • edited August 2019 Posts: 6,677
    DarthDimi wrote: »
    @Univex
    Right? RIGHT?

I am waiting for Sorkin to bring these characters back, now more than ever. And Olivia Munn--bring back Olivia Munn! :D

Hear, hear!!!

And Jane Fonda's comments on Daniel Craig!

5f4327295b06e1cc7c56add1cb6b3fdb.gif
    tumblr_ms58tza1QV1qjg079o2_500.gif
    edited August 2019 Posts: 23,267
    H1qHHK.jpg

You need a strong stomach - but it is an awesome show. How we've never had a Dredd 2 is beyond belief. Best show I've watched for a few months.

Just watched the season finale, that was bloody amazing. a few times I shouted out WT... I will re watch the full season again soon, its a brilliant 8 hour movie
    Great scene, major Spoilers...

Agree Dredd 2 or a Dredd TV show should have happened though The Boys has made up for it big time
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited August 2019 Posts: 4,043
    Deadwood 2004 -2006

We've almost finished Season 2 and yes like The Wire it's something that needs persevering with but those that have patience will be rewarded.

I guess it's essentially a soap opera drama loaded with profanity and moments of violence. Great characterizations, and intriguing plot threads. With just as much skulduggery, political chicanery and scheming as the best early seasons of Game of Thrones.

One thing is for sure you'll never see Calamity Jane the same, Robin Weigert's reading couldn't be as far more removed from Doris Day if it tried. Not entirely sure about Olyphant as Seth Bullock, definitely prefer him as Raylen Givens in Justified. Although Brad Dourif is on fantastic form and Sons of Anarchy's Chief Unser Dayton Callie and John Hawkes offer more than solid support, with the likes of the late Powers Booth, Garret Dillahunt and Paula Malcomson among its ranks to name but a few, like The Wire it's another richly nourished ensemble.

Although one performance can't help but stand out and a Brit no less.

People used to previously seeing Ian McShane as loveable roguish antiques dealer in the BBC UK series Lovejoy might be in for a shock. Though, McShane had already played a foul mouth gangster in Sexy Beast but Al Swearengen is a true profanity poet. McShane has never been more magnetic and watchable, afforded role of a lifetime which would put him alongside the late James Gandolfini as Tony Soprano, in the TV characters gallery of greats.

Looking forward to completing this 2nd season and with an interval to watch Mindhunter, then return for S3 and the concluding TV film released earlier this year.

If you haven't entered into the confines of the colourful, violent and profanity atmosphere of Deadwood, I recommend a visit wholeheartedly, another masterful show from the HBO stable.
    Cobra Kai. Waiting for season 3 to be released.
    Green Hornet , five eps including the one Mako guest appeared in
    Willy Fog 2 - Journey to earths centre
    Batman TAS :

Last laugh (capt Clown , he he) ,
    Blind as a bat (god forbid he should stay home)
    Bane (great episode)
    Baby-Doll (weird yet interesting)
    Trial (Batman sentenced by Arkhams mob)
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Tracy wrote: »
    Batman TAS :

Last laugh (capt Clown , he he) ,
    Blind as a bat (god forbid he should stay home)
    Bane (great episode)
    Baby-Doll (weird yet interesting)
    Trial (Batman sentenced by Arkhams mob)

Not really any of my favorite episodes, but still the best adaptation of Batman ever put to any screen.
    Batman TAS : Lock Up (prison guard going over board , sounds good on paper but bored me)

A bullet for Bullock (plot makes no sense)
    edited October 2019 Posts: 23,267
    Good Omens 4K
    2f82bb9f05616ea3089dd26a841bde43_3x3.jpg
    Finally got round to watching the first episode of season 1 really enjoyed it.
  • edited October 2019 Posts: 7,653
    Das Boot the TV series, I must admit it was a good bloody 8 great episodes and looking forward to a next series.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Das Boot the TV series, I must admit it was a good bloody 8 great episodes and looking forward to a next series.

I was pleasantly surprised by this one. Not the best thing around but it was engaging and watchable enough to allow me to burn through it in a day or so. I, too, am looking forward to the next season.