Last TV Show You Watched?

Comments

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    THE OFFICE (US)

Not as good as the British original, but still funny.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    YOU season 2
    you-season-2-poster-1578149468.jpg?resize=480:*
    Barking mad TV show, compulsive viewing.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited January 2020 Posts: 13,882
    Callan
    Series: 4
    Episode:

A Man Like Me
    Now that I have reached the end of the last series, I am left wanting more. 4 series just isn't enough. I suppose it doesn't help that there are a welth of missing episodes from the first 2 series. Woodward was a class act all the way through, and the writing never faltered once. So glad that I finally got around to watching this. The world of espeionage has never been so murky than in Callan.
  • edited January 2020 Posts: 17,241
    Au service de la France (A Very Secret Service)
    The second (and what looks to be the last) series of this 60's set French spy comedy series. The second series failed to have me entertained the way the first one did, but it was still very enjoyable.
    AFTER LIFE

With the subject matter at hand, you wouldn t think this could be funny, but Ricky Gervais pulls it off.
    THE PUNISHER

Pretty good show, and Jon Bernthal is by far the best Punisher. I think he would have made a good Blueberry, too.

• ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Death in Paradise, back on bbc1 thursday nights.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Death in Paradise, back on bbc1 thursday nights.

I missed all last season hopefully they are rerunning it on BBCi
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited January 2020 Posts: 5,185
    Binged The Witcher in one sitting a couple weeks ago. Loved it.
    The show is really batshit insane but there is something very endearing about it being so confident in what it is.

I have only played the first game, didn't get to the rest yet, (even though i have all the games and books at home) but being native polish it also makes me proud to see because the Witcher franchise is a huuuuge deal in Poland. He's a cultural icon on his way to becoming the polish James Bond equivalent you might say. So seeing that represented in a truthful way with passion behind AND being super successful, is really nice to see.
    And Cavill gives it his all and delivers one of his best performances (he trully loves the games and the character btw, he pushed for this show to happen in the first place).

So yeah he definitly earned my support for him to be the next Bond as well.
    Aww who am i kidding, he always had it.
    00Agent wrote: »
    Binged The Witcher in one sitting a couple weeks ago. Loved it.
    The show is really batshit insane but there is something very endearing about it being so confident in what it is.

I have only played the first game, didn't get to the rest yet, (even though i have all the games and books at home) but being native polish it also makes me proud to see because the Witcher franchise is a huuuuge deal in Poland. He's a cultural icon on his way to becoming the polish James Bond equivalent you might say. So seeing that represented in a truthful way with passion behind AND being super successful, is really nice to see.
    And Cavill gives it his all and delivers one of his best performances (he trully loves the games and the character btw, he pushed for this show to happen in the first place).

So yeah he definitly earned my support for him to be the next Bond as well.
    Aww who am i kidding, he always had it.

Agree Cavill I think would prove alot of doubters wrong as Bond.

The Witcher was great i did not want it to end, Anya Chalotra was incredible as Yennefer. I expect season two to be more expansive, Season one was good though did feel like alot of set up.
    Death in Paradise series 9 ep.1. Have to say not terribly impressed with this series opener, it just seemed quite flat. The new DS is rather bland and Shyko Amos' Ruby is just awful. Not cute, not loveable, not funny just very annoying. I loved both Miller and Marshall but never really warmed to Ardel O'Hanlon so not too bothered that he's going. A great comic actor but he looked ill at ease on this show. Looking forward to Ralf Little coming onboard.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Haji/Giri... unreal... @Shardlake knows how thoroughly blown away I was by his recommendation I should watch this beautiful series; moved me quite dramatically... Seriously, Shardlake has quite the fine tastes in music, films, TV... Listen out for his suggestions- bang-on with more commercial fair, but also has quite an eclectic taste for the arts and passion to defend what he loves. Great and refreshing conversations with him.
    FROM DUSK TILL DAWN

Obviously inferior to the movie, but I still like it.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    AFTER LIFE

With the subject matter at hand, you wouldn t think this could be funny, but Ricky Gervais pulls it off.

I'm looking forward to the second season.
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    AFTER LIFE

I'm looking forward to the second season.

Yeah, me too. Still haven t finished the first. The comedy here comes from him not caring. He says whatever he feels.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    peter wrote: »
    Haji/Giri... unreal... @Shardlake knows how thoroughly blown away I was by his recommendation I should watch this beautiful series; moved me quite dramatically... Seriously, Shardlake has quite the fine tastes in music, films, TV... Listen out for his suggestions- bang-on with more commercial fair, but also has quite an eclectic taste for the arts and passion to defend what he loves. Great and refreshing conversations with him.

Thanks my friend I just knew you'd appreciate it. To think that His Dark Materials ( I enjoyed it), Christmas Carol (not to sure about this) and of course Dracula (what the hell were they thinking) have no doubt had much more viewings and publicity when this left them all standing.

I mentioned this after I saw it and said how much it had affected myself and my Wife, it really was nothing like anything you've seen before.

Police drama, Triad gang rivalry, love story, drama, also more than fair dose of humour with performances across the board utterly superb.

It had moments of tension, a great action set piece and heartbreaking drama with realistically drawn likeable and relate-able characters.

It still has not had a release date for physical release but is still on the BBC i player and on Netflix in various territories I believe around the world, do yourself a favour and watch this.

An 8 parter, no need for a follow up, says all it needs to in those exceptional episodes and doesn't drop the ball right up to the end and a moment in the finale that needs to be seen to be believed.

Also another honourable mention must go to another BBC drama that was on before Christmas, Elizabeth Is Missing.

A drama about an pensioner coming to terms with dementia setting in and the affect on her self and her family with also the added element of a flashbacks to her past where there is a mystery about her older sister who went missing when she was a teenager.

A relate-able drama which showcases an 80+ Glenda Jackson on incredible form, this is a 1.5 hour one off and again begs to to be seen.

Both blow away all the more high profile big budget TV blockbusters out there.
    Just finished two French series that were bloody great La foret which was brilliant and the Les rivières pourpres that really delivered interesting crime that is certainly very French and European.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    The Deuce 2017 -2019

I always know when I see the name David Simon that it will be a mark of quality. The Wire is my favourite series of all, although any of the shows I've seen he was attached to always work their magic on me,. Be it Treme, Show Me a Hero and of course the recent magnificent The Deuce

They are always full of rich characterisation and brilliantly acted. The Deuce encapsulated all of this in its 3 densely packed and explosive seasons and although not the usual montage was concluded with a beautifully realised moving poetic sequence.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4998350/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0
    BREAKING BAD
    el-camino-a-breaking-bad-movie-film-netflix-amc-780x435.jpg

Finally caved in after listening to nagging about this show for years. Starts good enough.
    dracula.jpg
    One episode in, this is quite good in some ways. Mainly sets and photo.. As far as tv adaptations go, it has its qualities, but there is some idiocy here and there. Bang is terrific at the start, but then it slips and gets cringeworthy. I like the cliffhanger ending, but am in no hurry to see the rest.
    MESSIAH
    AAAABQt9qMn4VoXoR7_316-K-_2m4qKaaIyO444rzGzTRxOuvUk_Qo06Cn6bntBgkPliDjbt7cU6258Uj849mvdbDKFd1dsW--L1OMsigPk_2Ae_R8R8.jpg?r=e47
    Unlike Dracula, the writing is rather clever in this one. Three episodes in, I am curious to see where this is going.
    edited January 2020 Posts: 23,105
    doom-patrol-movie-poster.jpg?v=1563866913
    Good first episode really enjoyed it, will binge watch over the weekend.

Edited: Second episode is barking, great TV. This is brilliant
    DISENCHANTMENT
    This Matt Groening series has the same wicked humour as the Simpsons and Futurama. I love it.
    Better Call Saul

Enjoyable Breaking bad spinoff.

VIKINGANE (Norsemen)
    image.jpg?f=16x9&w=1600&$p$f$w=9380a83

The third season is finally here, and is a prequel, thus called season 0. As hilarious as ever.
    Been binge watching American Horror Story never bothered with it previously, it's quite addictive TV, admittedly some stuff is unwatchable.
    Starsky and Hutch The Avenger I completely forgot about this episode from season 4 about a serial killer, it's genuinely unnerving certainly at the end.
    The Madaloriian Episode 1,UK viewers Disney+ is available from today, seven day free trial.
  • edited April 2020 Posts: 3,275
    Just halfway through Ray Donovan (series 4). Wow, is Liev Schrieber cool or what. A cross between Steve McQueen and Russell Crowe in his prime.

There is definitely something Bond-like about him. I wouldn't mind if Liev was in the running for the next actor to replace Craig, British born or not.
    edited April 2020 Posts: 23,105
    Tiger-King.png
    Bizarre.