Last TV Show You Watched?

Comments

Creasy47 wrote: »
    Marvel's Inhumans Wow this was bad, I was laughing alot during the first episode.

I know this superhero stuff isn't for me, but I literally could not believe just how awful and forgettable this show looked. Like it had a budget of $10,000.

What company made it,does anyone know ?
    SKY,normally with these ,does a swap deal only ,so I wonder who actually made the series and paid out all the $$$$$$$$...

• Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    Marvel's Inhumans Wow this was bad, I was laughing alot during the first episode.

I know this superhero stuff isn't for me, but I literally could not believe just how awful and forgettable this show looked. Like it had a budget of $10,000.

The sets and costume design are laughable, I really felt they were putting the actor who played Ramsay in GoT front and centre to try and sell the show.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Glad I'm not the only one with the same line of thinking, but I did see a promo for Supergirl when it first came out and thought it looked nearly as cheesy and bad, and now it's fairly successful.

The sets and costume design are laughable, I really felt they were putting the actor who played Ramsay in GoT front and centre to try and sell the show.

I noticed that in all the trailers,and tbf I did consider watching it because of him...then I heard he had an American accent and that did it for me...no thanks.

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I think Inhumans is serviceable. It's nowhere near as bad as people make it out to be, the negative reviews are all exaggerated.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Mindhunter right up to the end doesn't disappoint.

It's rare when a series impresses you on all levels and not at one point you feel disappointed with it.

I'd prefer Fincher directed all of the next season and not bother with World War Z 2 but that is unlikely in fact Fincher will likely only exec produce going forward like he did with HOC.

They seemed to pick the right directors and it appeared to maintain consistent tone throughout, nice to see A Hijacking & A War director Tobias Lindholm utilised.

Season 2 is teased and if they can keep up the momentum it will be a cracker, I'm already calling it my most awaited return of 2018.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Still on season one of the 60s The Addams Family. Sadly only Gomez and Wednesday Friday are still with us.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Narcos Seasons 1 & 2
    mWrk8KI.jpg
    Just finished the first two seasons of this Netflix series. It focuses on the DEA and Columbian Government's relentless pursuit over many years to capture or kill the "King of Cocaine" Pablo Escobar, who ran the notorious Medellin Cartel in the 80s and 90s. The story is told through the eyes of an American DEA agent, who moves to Columbia in an obsessive quest for justice. Most of the show is in Spanish, and so subtitles are a must, but it doesn't take away from the enjoyment. This is a really intense and well scripted show, with excellent performances by the entire cast, and most of all by Brazilian actor Wagner Moura as Escobar. He is extremely charismatic and also chillingly deadly. Most impressively, he also makes the character almost likable, such that I ended up rooting for him on occasion, all the while realizing the terror he wrought. Kingsman 2's Pedro Pascal has a big role in this series too, and is excellent as Mexican DEA operative Javier Pena. SP's delectable Stephanie Sigman also has a recurring role as Valeria Velez, a reporter who had an affair with Pablo. Recommended.

Mindhunter Season 1
    YAocPUh.jpg
    This is an interesting new show which focuses on FBI criminal profiling work in the 1970s. David Fincher executive produces it and also directs a few episodes. His handiwork is definitely apparent, as it has his trademark dark and slightly disturbing clinical aesthetic throughout. There are shades of Zodiac, and the series also has parallels with Showtime's Masters of Sex (which is also a semi biographical period piece, but focused on research into sexual behaviour rather than profiling). It's also somewhat reminiscent of Silence of the Lambs. There is very little to no actual violence on show. Rather, violence is suggested, and sometimes that is more frightening. It follows a pair of FBI behavioural psychologists as they travel the country interviewing jailed murderers, with the objective of deciphering patterns in their behaviour which can be used to solve future cases. This is not a fast paced show. It unfolds somewhat leisurely and procedurally. One of the most chilling episodes focuses on an interview with Ed Kemper, a killer who used to decapitate his victims before fornicating with their corpses. Jonathan Groff, Holt McCallany & Anna Torv star. It's not for everyone due to the slow pace, but is worth a watch for those who like psychology.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Just finished watching the second season of Stranger Things. I think it might be on par with season 1.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited November 2017 Posts: 23,883
    Westworld Season 1
    iMQn0Ls.jpg
    I just finished this HBO series, based on the 1973 Michael Crichton film of the same name. It's written by the heavy hitter duo of Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy, and co-produced by J.J. Abrams. It focuses on a futuristic theme park set in the Wild West and populated by androids. Wealthy guests pay huge sums of money to visit the park, where they mingle among the androids and can live out their wildest and most depraved violent and sexual fantasies. As you might expect, in time certain androids begin to malfunction, with devastating consequences.

The series made quite a splash last year, and enjoyed stellar ratings. I initially approached it with some curiosity, having not seen the original film. I certainly enjoyed it, but it's a slow burn. Some episodes move at a glacial pace. However, it's extremely well produced and there is a lot of money up on the screen. It's a very stylish and classy affair, alternating between high tech environments and the Wild West. The series delves into the sort of philosophical and moral questions one expects from Philip Dick, and there are certainly shades of Bladerunner, Total Recall, I Robot, Alien and other sci-fi entries here (including Crichton's own Jurassic Park). Do androids have rights? Can they feel? Etc. etc. The show is quite violent at times, but makes for compelling viewing due to the strength of the performances from the top notch 'A class' cast, which includes Evan Rachel Wood, Anthony Hopkins, Ed Harris, Jeffrey Wright, Thandie Newton (somebody please give this lady an award for being able to suppress the aging process for 25 years - she seriously looks exactly like she did in MI-2), Sidse Babett Knudsen & Tessa Thompson among others. Ramin Djawadi's score is sublime.
  • Fire_and_Ice_ReturnsFire_and_Ice_Returns I am trying to get away from this mountan!
    edited November 2017 Posts: 23,347
    Inhumans episode 2 this is a cross between Hercules and Andromeda I enjoyed those shows in the 90's though TV has moved on, for today Inhumans really is bad. It really should have been a comedy as it's borderline so bad it's good
    Inspector George Gently.

Gutted that this show has come to an end. Absolutely shocked and surprised at how it ended. It has clearly been left wide open for a potential follow up should the BBC choose to do so?
  • I usually don’t like getting on the bandwagon, but I watched the first few episodes of Rick & Morty, and I’m hooked, damnit, lol. I haven’t laughed so hard in a while!

‘I’m Mr. Meeseeks! Look at meeee!’
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    wumo5721158d4e0571.50594778.png
    Hahaha! :))
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I usually don’t like getting on the bandwagon, but I watched the first few episodes of Rick & Morty, and I’m hooked, damnit, lol. I haven’t laughed so hard in a while!

I think I've unconsciously avoided the show simply because I've yet to see a single instance of footage, alongside the fact that it seems to be everywhere on the Internet and watched by everybody. Maybe one day I'll try and see what the hype is all about.
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Inspector George Gently.

Gutted that this show has come to an end. Absolutely shocked and surprised at how it ended. It has clearly been left wide open for a potential follow up should the BBC choose to do so?

I'm buying the last series as a christmas gift to myself soon. How did series 8 compare to the previous ones?
    Inspector George Gently.

I'm buying the last series as a christmas gift to myself soon. How did series 8 compare to the previous ones?

Their were only 2 episodes in for the farewell if you like, so not really a series. And the final episode was delayed due to a incident in the UK, which I will not say as it would possibly give away the final episode? They were just as gripping and I am sure you will you most likely feel as I did in my first post above about it? You will have to let me know.
  • Creasy47 wrote: »
    I usually don’t like getting on the bandwagon, but I watched the first few episodes of Rick & Morty, and I’m hooked, damnit, lol. I haven’t laughed so hard in a while!

I think I've unconsciously avoided the show simply because I've yet to see a single instance of footage, alongside the fact that it seems to be everywhere on the Internet and watched by everybody. Maybe one day I'll try and see what the hype is all about.
    I'm in the same boat. People will laugh at me, but honestly the last straw that made me at least check it out, was the fact that The Flash was watching it in Justice League! :))

aAPg45Z_700b.jpg

Inspector George Gently.

Their were only 2 episodes in for the farewell if you like, so not really a series. And the final episode was delayed due to a incident in the UK, which I will not say as it would possibly give away the final episode? They were just as gripping and I am sure you will you most likely feel as I did in my first post above about it? You will have to let me know.

Thought there were three episodes? Must have misread. Will post an update here when I've seen the episodes – will sure miss this show. Did read somewhere that Lee Ingelby was open to the idea of a spin-off with Bacchus. Hope they do it!

Are there more 50's/60's period crime dramas around? Aside from Inspector George Gently, I can only think of Endeavour, Grantchester and Father Brown.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Just about to finish Sons of Anarchy. Whilst, the show peaked during the first four seasons, it was totally badass throughout. One of the things I love about it is the fact that it's set in the area of California that I live in. It's cool hearing the names of all these small towns that I know so well that never appear in movies or TV.
    Inspector George Gently.

Thought there were three episodes? Must have misread. Will post an update here when I've seen the episodes – will sure miss this show. Did read somewhere that Lee Ingelby was open to the idea of a spin-off with Bacchus. Hope they do it!

Are there more 50's/60's period crime dramas around? Aside from Inspector George Gently, I can only think of Endeavour, Grantchester and Father Brown.

None that I can think of at the minute? The Bacchus possibility is a good one but until you have seen the final episodes? That's all I will say for now?
    Inspector George Gently.

None that I can think of at the minute? The Bacchus possibility is a good one but until you have seen the final episodes? That's all I will say for now?

Noted! Will look forward to watch them!
    edited November 2017 Posts: 23,347
    Caught up on CW's DC shows (we are a week behind in the UK)

The stand out episode this week was Legends of Tomorrow Phone Home this really was exceptional great nostalgia and had me howling it was hilarious at times.

Inhumans Episode 3 this is consistently really bad though I do find it entertaining, scene where a character uses there powers to clear a path through a forest was terrible though hilarious, the budget for some of the effects is none existent.

Stranger Things watched the first four episodes of season one, I was quite impressed very well made TV show.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    Inhumans Episode 3 this is consistently really bad though I do find it entertaining, scene where a character uses there powers to clear a path through a forest was terrible though hilarious, the budget for some of the effects is none existent.

They saved it all on Lockjaw.
    It’s not a top notch production, but I’m actually enjoying Inhumans and appreciating for what it is.
  • Agent007391Agent007391 Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A, Start
    I don't mind it. It's not up to the standards of other comic book shows, but it's not horrible.
    Agreed.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    Just watched ROUTE 66 on Amazon Prime.
    Quite an opening episode. I had no idea.
    Doctor Who Trial of a Timelord The Mysterious Planet and Mindwarp It's been five years since I have watched this series, it definitely improves with time and always felt Colin Baker was very underrated, half way through the series Honor Blackman is appearing in the next story.