The Next American President Thread (2016)

Comments

• DRush76 wrote: »
    A lot of Americans just want change, and are willing to risk it with Trump, rather than suffer what could be a third "Obama" term.

How many Americans are you talking about? There are a lot of Americans who loathe the idea of Trump as our new president. And some are regretting that Obama is leaving office.

People know I'm a Clinton-supporter. I have been admiring her ever since Carl Bernstein's "A Woman In Charge".

But dear @DRush76. Let me wake you up a bit. The West is in decline. Decades of radical terrorism, which started with 9/11, has made the citizens in the West fearful, angry and afraid. Then there's a big financial crisis happening in 2008. The middle class in The West is being destroyed as we speak. But despite all the 'hate' for the West, certain people tend to forget it's still the safest, and most peaceful haven on Earth. Hence the immigrant crisis, and there it goes wrong again. People become more xenophobic, fear grows exponentially.

So what comes out of this? Radical populism. And I tell you this. It's impossible to fight. The normal civilized campaigns of the status quo are being derailed. People see evil in establishment politicians. They call them Hitler's. If it's Angela Merkel, David Cameron, Mark Rutte or Hillary Clinton. People think they are traitors anyway. In such an negative, populist atmosphere.......it's close to impossible to win.

So yes, it would be despicable if Trump becomes president. Psychologically and mentally Trump would become the personification of Western decline. But I can't hold it off. If Clinton becomes president, she will face stiff populist majorities in both Senate and Congress. If Trump becomes president, the Democrats make egg punch out of Trump.

Then the best you can do is.........focus on other things, infuse your mind with good books, sci-fi news and positive, enlightening novels. Guys like me are becoming an ever-growing minority in public and political debates. So it's better to refrain yourself, look to all the wonderful Paralympics achievements, stay in awe with the wonderful nature around you, go to telescope observatories and actually SEE Saturn. And then go back, watch "2001: A Space Odyssey". Then I put on some classical music, I go walking here in Gracia, Barcelona............and I realize.....hey, life is quite good :-).
  • DRush76 wrote: »
    A lot of Americans just want change, and are willing to risk it with Trump, rather than suffer what could be a third "Obama" term.

How many Americans are you talking about? There are a lot of Americans who loathe the idea of Trump as our new president. And some are regretting that Obama is leaving office.

Thank you for that, @DRush76. The folks who bemoan the state Obama is leaving us in seem to have forgotten the raging wildfire left in the Oval Office when George the Lesser left town. Obama's leaving the country in a far better situation than the one he inherited; additionally, he's been a calm and steadying voice in some very difficult times. Just consider the sort of reassuring presence our Orange Overload in the Oval Office would provide, and cast your vote accordingly.
  • edited September 2016 Posts: 3,564
    @Gustav: Perhaps the words of Edmund Burke will be sufficient to remind you: "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." By all means, take pleasure in art or love or whatever beauty exists in this world, so that you may lessen the burdens that beset you. But don't forget to speak up, to do work for the causes that stir you -- and above all else, to vote. And another quote, from that noted infirm fellow whose candidacy for the presidency should never have been allowed by a diligent news media: "The only thing we have to fear is fear itself." So above all else, don't give in to the fear, or the words of those who would cause you to have fear, the easier that they might manipulate you.
  • edited September 2016 Posts: 6,601
    It lost me at "thugs like Putin".

But thing is, for both, what they say and what they DO is not and never was for any president or major politician the same. Hence, in a way, its stupid to even discuss their words. Hillary has an agenda consistant of what her party and those behind that party think sounds good and will bring them votes. In the end, thery will do, what helpsd their interests - that is money - for THEM.

Trump has an agenda - by now - not from the start, I assume, that nobody really knows, what it is, maybe not even he himself. Why is that better? Because it will cause trouble and irritation for the money monkeys ruling this world.

I think, its time for people to understand, that there is no such thing as a fair / for the people policy in this whole world. That there is no ruler of a country, who just does, what he wants. That they are all but figures on the chess board. Manipulated incidents allow the powers to bring war, where they need it, bring escalation - like it is prepared for in Europe through refugees - where they want it etc etc.

As long as so much naivitee is among people, that they actually believe a word or an article from the mainstream press or TV, there is little hope. Go and USE the fucking internet. A LOT f real info iss in there, because more and more people start speaking out. people, who know, because they were IN the system: Journalists, politicians, soldiers. Sure you don't believe me, but maybe you dhould listen to them and make up yur own mind.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Germanlady wrote: »
    It lost me at "thugs like Putin".
    Point IS that Trump is a thug as well.
    Point IS, that If that is all you have to say about my post, WE can See, where the Problem IS.

...and yes, he IS a thug. Putin, Right now and for some Time, is Not.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    These idiots always need a strongman enemy in order to justify their military excesses, and the faceless organization that is ISIL/ISIS/Daesh (they can't even come up with a consistent name for it) just doesn't cut it from a marketing perspective.

Therefore old foe Russia will just have to do. I can see the next Bond film plot forming as I type this.
    Putin is the one messing up our climate with his weather machine. If only he'd never seen Our Man Flint! [-(
    Oh, you mean the one in Alaska called Haarp? Oh, wairt - Alaska is not Russian.

• No, but Sarah can see Vladimir from her back porch so it's all good... :ar!
  • Kirk Douglas -- yes, THAT Kirk Douglas -- on the choice before us. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/the-road-ahead_us_57e03be4e4b08cb1409749f2?section=&;
    Kirk Douglas -- yes, THAT Kirk Douglas -- on the choice before us. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/the-road-ahead_us_57e03be4e4b08cb1409749f2?section=&;

Awesome post- thanks!
  • Every time another terrorist attack occurs anywhere around the world, the Donald can be counted upon to stick his foot in his mouth. If he's not congratulating himself publicly for "predicting it" (whatever that means -- any of us can say, "Y'know, there's probably gonna be another one somewhere, sometime," and we'd be just as "correct" as he's been...) then he's complaining about how the Constitution of the USA (which the President swears to protect and defend) limits our ability to punish the malefactors. It leads one to wonder just how seriously he takes the oath of the president, and how seriously he's willing to defend the Constitution whenever it gets in the way of him doing whatever the hell he feels like doing. Here, a few weeks after its original posting so therefore not quite up-to-date in some of its particulars, is a link to an article outlining just a few of the ways that Donald Trump is at odds with the Constitution.
    http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/08/2016-donald-trump-constitution-guide-unconstitutional-freedom-liberty-khan-214139
    chrisisall wrote: »
    Kirk Douglas -- yes, THAT Kirk Douglas -- on the choice before us. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/the-road-ahead_us_57e03be4e4b08cb1409749f2?section=&;

Awesome post- thanks!

How about going into that weather topic a bit more, chris? After all . you brought it up, I answered. Seems, some here only answer to what falls into their cheme. That's sad.

• edited September 2016 Posts: 3,564

Awesome post- thanks!

How about going into that weather topic a bit more, chris? After all . you brought it up, I answered. Seems, some here only answer to what falls into their cheme. That's sad.

"What falls into their cheme?" Vas ist das? Sprechen zie English?

I must confess I was unaware of HAARP. So, a little (very little!) investigation: this from Wikipedia...

HAARP was a target of conspiracy theorists, who claimed that it was capable of modifying weather, disabling satellites and exerting mind control over people, and that it was being used as a weapon against terrorists. Such theorists blamed the program for causing earthquakes, droughts, storms and floods, diseases such as Gulf War syndrome and chronic fatigue syndrome, the 1996 crash of TWA Flight 800, and the 2003 destruction of the space shuttle Columbia. Commentators and scientists say that proponents of these theories are "uninformed", because most theories put forward fall well outside the abilities of the facility and often outside the scope of natural science.

Okay, now I knew more than I did five minutes ago but I'll not feel any need to investigate this particular topic further. Thanks for the diversion, @GL!
    Oh well, dear chap. You don't believe, they give away, what they use it for AND what it causes for everybody to read. You would have to invest further. But that is not your interest. Your only interest is in proving me wrong, it seems. What is your source of this quote? Ask yourself, where this source cames from in the first place. Of course, they gonna deny it. Of coursse, there are no chem trails either. Its just all imagination, even though, you can see it with your own eyes. Plus, whast is natural science? What we see here is bending everything, that is natural.

I truly wished, you were right.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    So what else is new?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    One dynasty down. One more left to go.
    Gerard wrote: »

Hillary is part of the same Establishment as the Bush family - so no surprise there...
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

Awesome post- thanks!

I must confess I was unaware of HAARP. So, a little (very little!) investigation: this from Wikipedia...

HAARP was a target of conspiracy theorists, who claimed that it was capable of modifying weather, disabling satellites and exerting mind control over people, and that it was being used as a weapon against terrorists. Such theorists blamed the program for causing earthquakes, droughts, storms and floods, diseases such as Gulf War syndrome and chronic fatigue syndrome, the 1996 crash of TWA Flight 800, and the 2003 destruction of the space shuttle Columbia. Commentators and scientists say that proponents of these theories are "uninformed", because most theories put forward fall well outside the abilities of the facility and often outside the scope of natural science.

Okay, now I knew more than I did five minutes ago but I'll not feel any need to investigate this particular topic further. Thanks for the diversion, @GL!

Beatles you're obviously not seeing things clearly, as all the information is right in front of your eyes. You're a tool of the man, unaware of how you're people controlled by groupthink. You'll see, you'll see.

The illuminati is all around us. Bigfoot is real and is spawning a yeti army to raise their ranks and strike back at us. Aliens arrived at Roswell in 1947 and soon they'll return next year to mark the 70th anniversary, probing us all for organs! Kennedy was shot from the grassy knoll, 9/11 was a carefully orchestrated attack led by the United States and Paul McCartney did indeed die decades ago, only to be replaced by a fraud to continue on his legacy! What you thought fiction is fact!!!

Can't you see? It's all here, right in front of you.

Don't be an idiot.

:))
  • Germanlady wrote: »

Awesome post- thanks!

Beatles you're obviously not seeing things clearly, as all the information is right in front of your eyes. You're a tool of the man, unaware of how you're people controlled by groupthink. You'll see, you'll see.

The illuminati is all around us. Bigfoot is real and is spawning a yeti army to raise their ranks and strike back at us. Aliens arrived at Roswell in 1947 and soon they'll return next year to mark the 70th anniversary, probing us all for organs! Kennedy was shot from the grassy knoll, 9/11 was a carefully orchestrated attack led by the United States and Paul McCartney did indeed die decades ago, only to be replaced by a fraud to continue on his legacy! What you thought fiction is fact!!!

Can't you see? It's all here, right in front of you.

Don't be an idiot.

:))

0Brady: I obviously need to start on double rations of FauxNews, stat!
    PS: John Lennon at least already gave me the info re: Paul -- "Them freaks was right when they said you was dead..." And the movie version of WATCHMEN gave us the truth re: the grassy knoll, regardless of what Alan Moore says.... The only organ the Roswell aliens are going to get from me is a cheesy Farfisi... See? I've already gotten with the program!
    Thanks Brady for the post. I know, I am alone in this, but never mind. Things will become clearer in the not too far future. So, I just stick to it and wait until the last stupid can't overlook it anymore.

And yes, of c ourse, 9/11 was orchestrated. Evidence is all over the place, but...its unthinkable, that people would do that and it is. Still, thhey did it and the reasons are clear as well.

But this time, I really leave you guys to your play ground. I promise to do my best to stick to it this time. Have fun dreaming. Everything will work out eventually.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Thanks Brady for the post. I know, I am alone in this, but never mind. Things will become clearer in the not too far future. So, I just stick to it and wait until the last stupid can't overlook it anymore.

I keep thinking that about religion but it's still here.

It's a lonely path to the truth @GL.
    One last - I am only this sonsistant, because the only chance we have is, when people finally wake up and realise, what is going on. Like this, they are less easy to manipulate. And its starting. Thankfully...
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    @Germanlady, I wish life was as interesting as your conspiracies suppose it to be, but all I can do is laugh with some feeling of sorrow as I read your posts. You call all of us blind and malleable, when I think it is you who has been bent a particular way yourself.

We're all aware of the slip-ups of humanity and where things can go wrong, but we fight that battle in reality and outside of fantasy. Feel free to join us when able.
    Thanks for the invitation, but I rather stick to Reality as it really is ;)
  • Wow knew there was something odd about your DC obsession. Now it makes sense. You're a conspiracy nut.
This discussion has been closed.