'Anyone for a jelly baby ? ' - Doctor Who discussion thread.

Comments

Watched the scene with the Doctor
    playing with the geographical apparatus of the solar system at the villains house, he notices something is not right... Interesting
    Watched the scene with the Doctor
    playing with the geographical apparatus of the solar system at the villains house, he notices something is not right... Interesting

In his look .was it subtle or obvious ?
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 6,432
    The Doctors expression suggests him noticing something, that's what I love about the Doctor he is often hyper aware of things around him.
    It looks like the close up shot of the 12th Doctos eyes, that we saw in The Day Of The Doctor, will be revealed to taking place just before the 12 Doctor regenerates. Then there is the other rumour that David Bradley will be playing the 1st Doctor in the Christmas special. I'm confused as well, to be honest. Capaldi has said that he has already filmed his regeneration (part of it is shown in the longer trailer for the current series), but filming for the Christmas special, which also looks to feature Capaldi, is being written by Moffat now, and will be filmed in July.

Given that the Kris Marshal thing appears to have died down, I would take all this with a grain of salt.
    One possibility is that the First Doctor could be in the vault?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I always liked Capaldi as the Doctor, and think this has been his best run so far. I'm
    Really enjoying his comedy moments, like getting down with the kids.
    So what's people's opinion on the power of the Daleks dvd? Is it worth while buying the bluray for twice the price or should I just get the dvd?
    Alan007 wrote: »
    So what's people's opinion on the power of the Daleks dvd? Is it worth while buying the bluray for twice the price or should I just get the dvd?

I am waiting for the bluray price to drop before I will buy it, it is far to pricey as yet.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I bought the DVD, and will settle with that. Firstly, it's uniformal to all the other releases, and secondly, the story was originally transmitted in b/w, so I have no interest in seeing it in colour.
    Same here.

Meanwhile, the new version of K-9, to be featured battling Omega in the forthcoming movie TimeQuake, has been revealed this week :

image.php?pid=24528&w=900

Source : doctorwhonews.net/2017/05/new-k-9-design-revealed.html
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Enjoyed Knock Knock. Another solid episode I thought. Creepy, gothic type horror and a super turn from David Suchet.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    And, of course, the genuine horror of trying to find an affordable place to live that isn't a dump. Or infested with aliens.
    Of course.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    edited May 2017 Posts: 13,894
    Another fine episode. At this point, I am expecting the duff episode, as this series has been going from strength to strength so far. David Suchet was superb, first unnerving, then later pitiful. Capaldi & Mackie are quickly becomming one of my favourite Doctor and companion teams. We also got to see more of the vault (there are some interesting theories as to what, or rather, who is in there), and did anyone else clock the Doctors expression when he mentioned regeneration? Considering it is something he has gone through many times, he looked somewhat spooked.
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Another fine episode. At this point, I am expecting the duff episode, as this series has been going from strength to strength so far. David Suchet was superb, first unnerving, then later pitiful. Capaldi & Mackie are quickly becomming one of my favourite Doctor and companion teams. We also got to see more of the vault (there are some interesting theories as to what, or rather, who is in there), and did anyone else clock the Doctors expression when he mentioned regeneration? Considering it is something he has gone through many times, he looked somewhat spooked.

Yeah, was interesting. I know a lot of people are saying
    it's John Simm's Master, but could it be The Watcher?
    , we'll find out soon enough!
    I didn't enjoy series 8, and lost interest to the point where I don't think I finished series 9 (the bits I saw just felt a bit stale), but I think this series has been great. It's basically what I wanted series 8 to be, I think it's a real shame that this is the only series we're going to get with Capaldi/Mackie/Lucas/Moffat (are Mackie and Lucas staying on?) because I think it's the best the show has been in a long time. I haven't enjoyed it this much since Ecclestone's series.

Can't wait to see John Simm back but I don't think he's in the vault. Would they have showed him in the trailers if he was? Might be a stretch but pop goes the weasel = jack in the box = jack's in the vault? It's been years since John Barrowman has been in it, it'd be a genuine surprise and it'd fit in nicely with all the other returns this series.
    edited May 2017 Posts: 13,894
    @Lancaster007 - I have also read that it could be...
    ... the next Doctor.
    That was an emotional episode...definately upped their game this season,and finally given Capaldi the range he needs to show his brilliant acting skills...too late though.

And who./what is in the vault ????????????
    Enjoyed last nights episode! The creature was not what I thought it was either!
    Haven't been able to see it yet, but all is not lost. If I can't see it for free, in a week or so, I can buy it off iTunes.
    Managed to see it, and loved it, except for the happy ending. Enjoyed all the references, from Scooby-Doo to Creepshow, and David Suchet's performance (so far away from Poirot, but so human). Hell is paved with good intents indeed. But one question, though : What is a "Fresher's Party" ?
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 19,339
    @Gerard I presume its a party being held by the college Freshmen (meaning 1st year students).
    David Suchet, is simply a fantastic actor !
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    Gerard wrote: »
    Managed to see it, and loved it, except for the happy ending. Enjoyed all the references, from Scooby-Doo to Creepshow, and David Suchet's performance (so far away from Poirot, but so human). Hell is paved with good intents indeed. But one question, though : What is a "Fresher's Party" ?

More annoyingly American things filtering into our society. Also 'Proms' FFS! We never had (nor wanted) Proms, we had a school disco. Didn't have to hire expensive dresses/djs or get there in expensive hired transport.
    David Suchet, is simply a fantastic actor !

He would make an excellent Bond villain too if you ask me?!!!
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 616
    He already was an excellent Bond villain in EXECUTIVE DECISION.
    He has played Dr No in a BBC radio 4 play, although I'd love to seem him as a future villain.
    Escalus5 wrote: »

Yes he was a arab terrorist in that,and played it spot on .

He was very very nasty in that film.

He has played Dr No in a BBC radio 4 play, although I'd love to seem him as a future villain.

Decent play but, as much as I love Suchet as an actor, his turn as DN in the radio play was very cartoonish.

I didn't like the voice he chose to use.
    barryt007 wrote: »
    Escalus5 wrote: »

Yes he was a arab terrorist in that,and played it spot on .

He was very very nasty in that film.

Exactly Barry, which proves that the man could carry it off if allowed too and is approached?