'Anyone for a jelly baby ? ' - Doctor Who discussion thread.

Comments

• MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    "Who the blazers is Steven Moffat!"

Are we sure that wasn't actually Jon Pertwee, and not John Culnshaw?
    "Who the blazers is Steven Moffat!"

Are we sure that wasn't actually Jon Pertwee, and not John Culnshaw?

I closed my eyes second time I played it, uncanny voice resemblance.

Radio Times has announced the air time of the first episode of the new season. "The Pilot" will air on april 15t, at 7.20 PM GMT in the UK :

radiotimes.com/news/2017-04-05/doctor-who-series-10-premiere-time-confirmed

And from what it says, advance reviews are positive.
    Gerard wrote: »
    Radio Times has announced the air time of the first episode of the new season. "The Pilot" will air on april 15t, at 7.20 PM GMT in the UK :

radiotimes.com/news/2017-04-05/doctor-who-series-10-premiere-time-confirmed

And from what it says, advance reviews are positive.

Will be watching this Saturday for sure! :D
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    The following link contains Spoilers. However, most people will probably already be aware
    John Simm's Master to return.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/doctorwho/entries/9ecdaaa1-10e1-45a7-a266-bdd7a1adcdf2
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    So they're getting their ideas from Big Finish now are they? ;)
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 6,432

I don't agree with this ranking
    So his ranking is...

13. Colin Baker
    12. Sylvester McCoy
    11. William Hartnell
    10. John Hurt
    09. Paul McGann
    08. Peter Capaldi
    07. Peter Davison
    06. Jon Pertwee
    05. Patrick Troughton
    04. Christopher Eccleston
    03. Matt Smith
    02. David Tennant
    01. Tom Baker

... but he opens with the line: "Ok, this is going to be one of my more... divisive lists.". He has the typical ranking of Colin/Sylvester at the bottom, and Tom at the top. My ranking, which while not intended to be, could be seen as divisive:

13. David Tennant
    12. Christopher Eccleston
    11. Peter Davison
    10. Tom Baker
    9. Colin Baker
    8. John Hurt
    7. Paul McGann
    6. Peter Capaldi
    5. William Hartnell
    4. Jon Pertwee
    3. Matt Smith
    2. Patrick Troughton
    1. Sylvester McCoy
    I often find it difficult to rank the Doctors bar a couple of them, often depends on my mood and what Doctor serials I am in the mood for.

1. Matt Smith
    2. Tom Baker
    3. Pertwee
    4. Troughton
    5. William Hartnell
    6. Christopher Eccleston
    7. Sylvester McCoy
    8. Colin Baker
    9. Peter Capaldi
    10. David Tennant
    11. Peter Davidson
    12. John Hurt
    13. Paul Mcgann

Most overrated Doctor for me is David Tennant
    Most underrated Doctor for me is Colin Baker
    If I didn't already not like the look after the Doctor's new assistant,after reading this would make me not like her as well :smile:

Pearl Mackie wants Bond role

Pearl Mackie wants to play James Bond.

The 'Doctor Who' star - who plays new companion Bill Potts in the sci-fi series - believes anything is possible when it comes to her career and her dream role would be as the first female incantation of the iconic British spy.

She said: "I'd quite like to play James Bond. I just thought of that earlier."

Asked if she wanted to be a female 'Jane' Bond, she told reporters: "Nah nah, James. If I can be called Bill, I can be called James!

"I don't know...I think that some of the best things that are out there haven't been written yet. So I wouldn't like to say anything too defining.

"There's so many wonderful people out there that I'd like to play, and so many characters that don't exist yet that I'd like to play.

"For me it's just about playing characters with depth that have interesting stories to tell, that maybe approach things in a way that you haven't seen before."

However, Pearl may have to wait some time before landing her dream role as it was recently reported that Daniel Craig has agreed to return as Bond for a fifth time.

The 49-year-old hunk has been working alongside the series' producer, Barbara Broccoli, on the hit off-Broadway production of 'Othello' and has been won over by her vision for the next film.

A source said: "Daniel was very pleased with how 'Othello' went and the great reviews. Now Daniel's talks with Barbara are going in the right direction.

"They have a script - screenwriting duo Neal Purvis and Robert Wade, who have penned several Bond movies, are writing and they'll go into production as soon as Daniel is ready to commit."

Craig is currently the second-longest serving Bond in history having officially starred as the spy for over 11 years. Sir Roger Moore is the longest serving 007 spending 12 years in the role and starring in seven films, including 'The Man with the Golden Gun', 'Live and Let Die' and 'A View To A Kill'.

Oh dear Barry what an absolute clown jesting or not! Does that mean if she becomes James Bond? Idris Elba will be Q, and Chiwetol Ejiofor will be M and Samuel L Jackson will be a transgender Moneypenny?!!!!!! 8-}
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Oh dear Barry what an absolute clown jesting or not! Does that mean if she becomes James Bond? Idris Elba will be Q, and Chiwetol Ejiofor will be M and Samuel L Jackson will be a transgender Moneypenny?!!!!!! 8-}

Hahaha exactly that !!
    I want to be the new Shaft. I demand everyone else overlook the fact that i'm white.
    I want to be the new Shaft. I demand everyone else overlook the fact that i'm white.

Spot on with your thinking there Major.
    barryt007 wrote: »

Spot on with your thinking there Major.

leo-toast-9.w529.h352.gif

I don't want to judge Mackie before I have seen her in action, but i'm sick of all these attempt to gender/race swap Bond. Bond is white and male. If people don't like that, fine, don't watch the films.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Happy Easter, Whovians!

C9HcJ_fW0AAAcdC.jpg
    Now that's a appetizing piece of merchandise, that's for sure.

And now, Radio Times has revealed the synopsises of this season's episodes. Do not click on that link if you don't want to be spoiled :smile:
    doctorwhotv.co.uk/series-10-previewed-in-radio-times-83827.htm
    Hm. Well. The last one sounds promising!
    No spoilers here, just a few teasers done in anticipation of tonight :

Nice, and so true !
    I bet those maggots have become REAL maggots now since 1972...but Pertwee is my ultimate Doctor who i grew up with at an impressionable age.
    Not sure if this has been mentioned on here but Sonic Screwdriver is, apparently, to be added to the Oxford English Dictionary.

https://blogtorwho.com/sonic-screwdriver-added-oxford-english-dictionary/
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 616
    Not sure if this has been mentioned on here but Sonic Screwdriver is, apparently, to be added to the Oxford English Dictionary.

https://blogtorwho.com/sonic-screwdriver-added-oxford-english-dictionary/

Will Victor Pemberton be credited?
    According to the picture - yes.[img][/img]sonic-screwdriver-entry-page-800x250_zpsm3ley3ug.jpg
    Thoroughly enjoyed the opener. Great story, performances etc. Nice intro to the new companion. Good all round.
    Completely forgot it was on, will have to watch it on BBCi
  • MayDayDiVicenzoMayDayDiVicenzo Here and there
    Completely forgot it was on, will have to watch it on BBCi

You'll completely forget it about it once you've watched it.
    John Simm's the Master
    did not see that coming, thought the episode was interesting if not a little low key. For a series opener it did not have the impact most openers have, I am not a huge fan of the episodes Capaldi has appeared in, saying that this was for parts good with a weak ending. I really know next to nothing about series 10 so hopefully I'll be pleasantly suprised as the season progresses.
    A nice start and introduction of Bill, really enjoyed this new Who episode.
    The big question posed in The Pilot Is
    What's in the vault?
    Matt Lucas's character is the worst thing since Adric IMHO. Otherwise, that was a lot of fun!