'Anyone for a jelly baby ? ' - Doctor Who discussion thread.

Comments

Once again an excellent episode and to be honest I am just glad that the Doctor is back on the telly, he was way overdue.

And while not all Doctor Who episodes woe me I am generally glad to see his antics on the telly.
    The quality of the episodes are a notch above two years ago, the show seems to have benefitted from the hiatus so far.
    A real shame it is Capaldi's final series, and it was odd when he told Graham Norton he had already filmed his death/regeneration scene. Which confused me as he then said he has the Christmas special to do? Unless this series is being split in 2?
  • cwl007cwl007 England
    That puzzled me as well, however latest rumour is Capaldi will regenerate in this series proper and will only be in Christmas episode a little before new Doctor takes over. So the new Doctor will get a bigger role at Christmas like David Tennant did. Also the 1st Doctor will help him in some way, really hope that is true.
    Don't forget that this doctor hasn't started using his 'new' supply of regenerations yet given to him in The Time of the Doctor so maybe the 1st needs to show him the ropes so to speak.
    Time will tell?!!! Forgive the pun! lol!
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    There is a shot in the trailer of what looks like the Doctor starting to regenerate. But I think that will be another fake regeneration because... i'll put it in spoiler tags in case...
    When the Doctor regenerates, we will see that the shot of his eyes from back in The Day Of The Doctor, is from right before he regenerates.
    Here's on e the the Doctor Who "Mister Men" book, read by... Ah, that would be telling, wouldn't it ?

Timey wimey!
    Well, it's not complete by any stretch of the imagination. All the classic series is missing.

Anyway, here are the next four Doctors who will receive the Mr. Men treatment :

mr-men-2.jpg
    Gerard wrote: »
    Well, it's not complete by any stretch of the imagination. All the classic series is missing.

Anyway, here are the next four Doctors who will receive the Mr. Men treatment :

mr-men-2.jpg

It's blatantly obvious Classic Who was not included
    Thin Ice Another solid episode from season 10 so far it is good without being great, saying that these are Capaldi's best episodes of his tenure I like the change in tone. It's a real shame this is not Capaldi's first season, as much as a like Clara that character totally undermined Capaldi's Doctor IMO. There is a great dynamic between Bill and the Doctor, there is a depth to the show that has been missing for sometime.
    Totally agree,although i probably 30mins behind you,watching it late,recorded on SKY Q
    Capaldi's Doctor is finally coming into his own minus the horrendous gimmicks
    I never liked CapaldiDoctor until this series,he is brilliant so far...
    Moffat did Capaldi no favours with the too on the nose schtick's like the guitar playing and the rubbish sonic sun glasses.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    This series so far, and one the whole, has been the best of Capaldi's era so far. Though Flatline is still my favourite. Capaldi I have liked for some time, but it was the writing that was letting him down. As for Pearl Mackie's Bill, she is quickly becoming on of my favourite companions.
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 6,432
    Finally they are letting Capaldi act and not encouraging him to over act, I agree @MajorDSmythe the material has let Capaldi down in previous seasons.

I was thinking it would be good if we saw Capaldi's perspective of his involvement in Day of the Doctor, that probably won't happen with limited time left.
    I was thinking it would be good if we saw Capaldi's perspective of his involvement in Day of the Doctor, that probably won't happen with limited time left.

Your wish may yet be granted.
    Do tell Major....
    Moffat does like to tie things up, sending Galifrey into a pocket universe could be Capaldi's Doctor's last act Who Knows!

So who else thinks The Doctor and Bill...
    are not based on Earth, I need to have another look at the geographical apparatus of the solar system in Thin Ice

Also...
    The Tardis blue door in Thin Ice stood out like a sore thumb.
    If anyone is curious enough, click on the spoiler tag in my 2nd post on this page. That is what I have heard, which may go hand-in-hand along with a certain other rumour.
    If anyone is curious enough, click on the spoiler tag in my 2nd post on this page. That is what I have heard, which may go hand-in-hand along with a certain other rumour.

I hate to be a dunce Major,but im confused ? :/
    I added a few spoiler tags in last post, I think there will be 2 arcs this season.
    I remember when i was a boy and Dr Who was so simple...one storyline over a series and that was that...this is so bloody confusing now...
    edited April 2017 Posts: 13,894
    It looks like the close up shot of the 12th Doctos eyes, that we saw in The Day Of The Doctor, will be revealed to taking place just before the 12 Doctor regenerates. Then there is the other rumour that David Bradley will be playing the 1st Doctor in the Christmas special. I'm confused as well, to be honest. Capaldi has said that he has already filmed his regeneration (part of it is shown in the longer trailer for the current series), but filming for the Christmas special, which also looks to feature Capaldi, is being written by Moffat now, and will be filmed in July.

Given that the Kris Marshal thing appears to have died down, I would take all this with a grain of salt.
    I enjoy it when there are clues to try to figure out though under Moffat we got plenty of red herrings too, this being Moffat's last season we are already getting many easter eggs that may be unrelated to the main plot.

Read your spoiler tag @MajorDSmythe ;)
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 19,339
    This is all beyond me.....

I created this thread and now it has a life of its own haha...!!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Nice to meet you Dr Frankenstein .
    Wait, what's going on? I haven't been this confused since I first watched Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas.
    Yes ha ha ha chaps.....Dr Who Geeks...

(OK point taken,i'm out of touch haha )..