'Anyone for a jelly baby ? ' - Doctor Who discussion thread.

Comments

Definitely...maybe a crooked politician ..perfect for that role.
    He could do anything really as the man is that versatile. But? Sadly I doubt we will ever see it happen?!!
    Fingers crossed matey,at least by talking about him we have put his name out there for all to see !!
    We can only hope and try!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    He would make a brilliant, angry and
    Deranged Blofeld. Out for revenge
    Re : "Oxygen". My God, that episode's end !

And loved the reference in the first four words.
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 6,432
    Interesting episode Oxygen
    I think the Doctor has got his sight back, why he is lying is the puzzle. I suspect Nardole or Bill is working with the enemy Never show your enemy your secret plan!
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    Nice to see a return to traditional BBC production values of motorcycle gauntlets = SPACE GLOVES :)
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    Ah, the good old 'Base Under Siege' story, never gets old. With Flatline, Mummy On The Orient Express, The Girl Who Dies and now Oxygen, Mathieson has become a dependable writer for the show. I'd like to see Chibnall keep him on.
    http://www.cbr.com/doctor-who-iron-fist-fortitude-rumor/?utm_source=CBR-FB-P&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=CBR-FB-P&view=list

Taken me three seasons to like what they are doing with Capaldi's Doctor, I keep forgetting his appearances are fading. I don't know much about the two actors mentioned in the above article, I still hope Kris Marshall gets the role.
    Average....no more than that...'Oxygen' started well but went downhill for me.
    Oxygen was in essence scarier than last weeks episode, this series is looking to be really great and what a way to say goodbye to this great Doctor.
    I think this episode was the trigger for the start of regeneration?!!!
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    I enjoyed it, some really creepy scenes. As kid
    I remember several of my friends weren't
    Allowed to watch it.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited May 2017 Posts: 5,869
    I personally think this season has been really interesting. The first episode had me hooked onto this fresh approach to Capaldi's run, and I really enjoyed the second episode. Episode three, four and this newest one, 'Oxygen', had really cool concepts but towards the end, I was a bit disappointed and sometimes almost confused with what just happened, especially with 'Oxygen', the Doctor said some words and suddenly the day was saved. But overall I'm really impressed with the approach to the series and looking forward to what's to come.

The only other negative thing I could say would be it's very interesting that they've added a freshness to the series, because as this is Capaldi's last season, and Bill and Nardole might not be sticking around. Isn't it a bit of a let down if people enjoy this season so much to know that neither character is going to go on to future seasons? Despite the excitement for a new Doctor.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    http://www.cbr.com/doctor-who-iron-fist-fortitude-rumor/?utm_source=CBR-FB-P&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_campaign=CBR-FB-P&view=list

Taken me three seasons to like what they are doing with Capaldi's Doctor, I keep forgetting his appearances are fading. I don't know much about the two actors mentioned in the above article, I still hope Kris Marshall gets the role.

Kris Marshall is the more Doctor-ish suggestion that has been thrown around in the press. Roughly two months from now, filming on the christmas special will be underway, so we don't have long to wait until the next Doctor is announced. Personally, I don't have a preferred choice, but I hope that they wont cave in to the pressure to go certain routes with the casting.

Kris Marshall is the more Doctor-ish suggestion that has been thrown around in the press. Roughly two months from now, filming on the christmas special will be underway, so we don't have long to wait until the next Doctor is announced. Personally, I don't have a preferred choice, but I hope that they wont cave in to the pressure to go certain routes with the casting.

They have a good track record at casting the Doctor, I will be open minded about whoever gets the part. I liked Marshall in Death in Paradise and already see elements from that show from his Humphry character that would be good in Doctor Who IMO obviously :)
    Same here. Kris Marshall would be my first choice for the casting.
    Love the cover :

image.php?pid=24620&w=400

Unfortunately, I have neither the means to buy the audios, nor the place to store them, nor the time to listen to them. Sorry.
    I do collect them, but only the McCoy one (he is my favourite after all), though I have fallen behind on the last few, and those early ones are now hard to find, and if they can be found then they go for higher prices than they were originally sold for.
    Not a big Tennant fan though UK radio over the years has played the Doctor Who audio dramas, I have listened to a few.

Beauty of ITunes and Amazon Music today in UK is that the Doctor Who audio dramas are easy to get hold of.
  • edited May 2017 Posts: 6,432
    This makes me think perhaps John Simm could be around for some time... http://nerdist.com/doctor-who-michelle-gomez-leaving-master-missy-peter-capaldi/

Potential spoiler!
    I get the feeling that:
    Simm will come back for a brief appearance, possibly in a flashback. Missy, or at least the Michelle Gomez version will be leaving, and the next timethat The Master/Missy shows up, it will be a new version.
    I get the feeling that:
    Simm will come back for a brief appearance, possibly in a flashback. Missy, or at least the Michelle Gomez version will be leaving, and the next timethat The Master/Missy shows up, it will be a new version.
    That's possible and thinking back the Master has taken long breaks from the show in the past, though I would be in favour of a Pertwee/Delgado situation where the Master was omnipresent for a long period. I liked Missy though felt they did not exploit her potential... Yet!
  • Lancaster007Lancaster007 Shrublands Health Clinic, England
    I get the feeling that:
    That's possible and thinking back the Master has taken long breaks from the show in the past, though I would be in favour of a Pertwee/Delgado situation where the Master was omnipresent for a long period. I liked Missy though felt they did not exploit her potential... Yet!

She's leaving, so not much exploiting of potential left. And not really in favour of the Master being in too many stories.
    I agree...the Master and the Daleks need to be rested after this series for a short while.
    Smith never had a Master story, so it's possible to not use him/her. The Daleks though, with their popularity, are another matter.
    True,i just don't want them over-used and to lose their menace to young viewers.
    But that's just me I suppose.
    edited May 2017 Posts: 13,894
    I'm in agreement with you, @barryt007. There is a rogues gallery of monsters to bring back, it doesn't always have to be the Daleks every series. Let's have the Sea Devils back.