Which Bond director would you rather...

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    In Simon Templar form, he would've been very convincing. Moore, that is. The dinner scene type of conversation between the hero and the villain has been a recurring element in The Saint series.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Yes, besides I have seen Connery in this film 100 times. Would be refreshing to see someone else for a change.
  • GoldenGunGoldenGun Per ora e per il momento che verrà
    Of course Sean. Though I'll vote for Niven as I've always wondered how that would have turned out.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Actually I'd go for Craig, as it is a rather brutal film. That dinner scene needs someone who knows how to be a gentleman but has a hard edge, and he's got the hardest edge of them all. Moore would be rather unfit for it, and wouldn't be convincing enough in the tunnels I think. He'd charm the hell out of the nurses though.. ;-)
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Ok, if we nominate someone else than Sean Connery... I change my vote to Pierce Brosnan.

Sean Connery-6
    David Niven-2
    George Lazenby-
    Roger Moore-1
    Timothy Dalton-1
    Pierce Brosnan-1
    Daniel Craig-1

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Pierce Brosnan.

Sean Connery-6
    David Niven-2
    George Lazenby-
    Roger Moore-1
    Timothy Dalton-1
    Pierce Brosnan-2
    Daniel Craig-1

No votes for Lazenby, of course. Otherwise a vote or two for everyone, but there is no doubt that Sean Connery was the perfect Bond for this, and cannot be replaced.

Next up:

Which Bond would you rather see in FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE?
    Timothy Dalton.
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Sure as hell Sean Connery. He's having too much fun with the gypsy girls.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    Roger Moore.
    Timothy Dalton.

As much as I do love Tim, a couple of things I have heard him say contradict his devotion to the books. In the EON documentary he goes on about Bond being the most cold blooded killer etc, yet it is stated quite explicitly in some of the books how Bond cannot kill in cold blood.
    Also Tim's thoughts on not wearing expensive tailored suits etc, preferring off the peg but the way things look and the brands etc are big thing for Fleming's Bond. Minor quibbles I know.

While I am here, may as well rank:

1. Roger Moore
    2. Timothy Dalton
    3. Sean Connery
    4. Pierce Brosnan
    5. Daniel Craig
    6. George Lazenby
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    Sorry to be boring, but once again I'd pick Connery. Greatest Bond performance of all time.
    Sean Connery-2
    Roger Moore-2
    Timothy Dalton-1
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Connery. Accept no substitutes.
    Obviously Connery is pitch perfect but to go along with the game I think Dalton would be nice too. So one vote for Tim.
    Sean Connery-3
    Roger Moore-2
    Timothy Dalton-2

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited May 2016 Posts: 9,020
    David Niven, the best Bond ever.
    Which Bond would you rather see in FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE?

Sean Connery-3
    David Niven-1
    Roger Moore-2
    Timothy Dalton-2
  • Another vote for Dalton he would do quite well in DN and FRWL he fits the general atmosphere of those films very well.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Connery. He's the only one who could make such a slow-paced Bond movie interesting.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Daniel Craig.
  • pachazopachazo Make Your Choice
    I'd like to see Craig as Grant.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    pachazo wrote: »

Ooooh...I like that.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 6,784
    pachazo wrote: »

Brilliant idea. At the risk of committing blasphemy I'll go on and say he'd probably be a better Grant-esque henchman than a Bond. :-$
    Craig as Grant and Dench as Klebb. Finally, a movie where they work together without any trust issues.
    Craig as Grant and Dench as Klebb. Finally, a movie where they work together without any trust issues.

I like that casting.
    edited May 2016 Posts: 45,489
    Not a vote for Lazenby or Brosnan. Connery is the perfect Bond in FRWL of course, with Dalton right behind. Also starring Daniel Craig as Red Grant.

Let s go straight to the next one.

Which Bond would you rather see in GOLDFINGER?
    Roger Moore in the 60s would've been perfect for the role. Then again, he sort of had his remake of Goldfinger with The Saint And The Fiction Makers.