Deadly attacks in Paris / Brussels / Nice (07/14/2016)

Comments

Just 30 minutes ago the international Friendly football match Germany vs Netherlands got cancelled due to a rather serious thread of a planned terror attack. The stadium was evacuated. So, is this the kind of reality we have to live with? Some sick terrorist arseholes being a constant thread for the civilized western world?

I am still not convinced some Dutch supporter did not pull a prank in order to not see the horrible play-style of the current Dutch team.

The only solution for our dependence on the middle east is finally get that car driving on water instead of oil. It would make their product totally redundant fairly quick and they could do their Muslim thing in their own countries.
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 4,602

90 mins well spent..or three episodes of Eastenders...this has more value
    All this suffering because that idiot George Bush had a hard on for a third rate Iraqi dictator. Surrounded by hawks and sheep who were too busy kissing his lone star ass (Tony Blair included).
    Only Colin Powell was willing to lend a dissenting voice but he was quickly shouted down (and being a career soldier and like Admiral Yamamoto) he decided to follow orders of his superiors. Remember those speeches he made at the UN one could tell from his body language that he was not 100% on board and he left after Bush's second term began.
    Today George Bush lives in his 4 million dollar mansion in North Dallas surrounded by a Secret Service detail ( and being the sociopath he is) never losing any sleep over the pain and suffering he has caused.
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    @OHMSS69, your post lacks a diplomatic gentility.
    But you are not wrong.
  • I'm not sure that GWB should be classified as a sociopath. I'd reserve that judgment for Dick Cheney. Bush was a dry drunk who has since fallen back off the wagon. Not that this excuses him...just that an accurate diagnosis is always preferable to an inaccurate one.
    OHMSS69 wrote: »
    All this suffering because that idiot George Bush had a hard on for a third rate Iraqi dictator. Surrounded by hawks and sheep who were too busy kissing his lone star ass (Tony Blair included).
    Only Colin Powell was willing to lend a dissenting voice but he was quickly shouted down (and being a career soldier and like Admiral Yamamoto) he decided to follow orders of his superiors. Remember those speeches he made at the UN one could tell from his body language that he was not 100% on board and he left after Bush's second term began.
    Today George Bush lives in his 4 million dollar mansion in North Dallas surrounded by a Secret Service detail ( and being the sociopath he is) never losing any sleep over the pain and suffering he has caused.

Witnessing Colin Powell try and sell that garbage 'intelligence' at the UN was one of the saddest episodes in the build up to the Iraq War. A decent man brought low by a misplaced sense of duty to his Commander in Chief. He should have resigned. Big step I know and hard for a military man like him, but he was Secretary of State, not a military position.
    Well, just to wind up the Daily Mail readers even more, they have killed a dog. There is nothing the media like more than a hero dog.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    patb wrote: »
    Well, just to wind up the Daily Mail readers even more, they have killed a dog. There is nothing the media like more than a hero dog.

They have crossed the line now.

#JeSuisDiesel
  • Holly Sh*t they killed a dog, my god why haven't we tactically nuked IS by now..... ;)
  • The US-centric view of the world described above, where everything that happens is dictacted by them and no one else has a freedom of mind and self responsibility, is just spite and humiliation. It's as silly as the "economy" explanation.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/video/2015/nov/18/paris-attacks-isis-has-a-strategy-lets-not-be-part-of-it-video

Remarkable video from The Guardian, a perfect example of how well meaning liberals can make things worse "dont fight them, it gives the legitimacy" very strange
    Holly Sh*t they killed a dog, my god why haven't we tactically nuked IS by now..... ;)

Hmmm. Now you mention it.... that sounds like an option.

There'll be an 8 page colour pullout in the Mail tomorrow illustrating the life and times of Diesel.

• Holly Sh*t they killed a dog, my god why haven't we tactically nuked IS by now..... ;)

There'll be an 8 page colour pullout in the Mail tomorrow illustrating the life and times of Diesel.

This illustrates the real difference between us & them, a sense of humour or should that be humility.....dry as ever @TheWizardOflce.
    Holly Sh*t they killed a dog, my god why haven't we tactically nuked IS by now..... ;)

This illustrates the real difference between us & them, a sense of humour or should that be humility.....dry as ever @TheWizardOflce.

No idea what you mean old chap. I'm deadly serious on both points!!
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea

I'm afraid it was a serious option for the US in Afghanistan.

To be honest I really am sorry for that dog. He died to protect members of another species. Now how often does that happen?
  • I'm afraid it was a serious option for the US in Afghanistan.

To be honest I really am sorry for that dog. He died to protect members of another species. Now how often does that happen?

Everything is an option, realistically it was never on the table, America talks big after any major terrorist attack, but pragmatism usually prevails, if you'd been to Afghanistan you know why it was never an option....
    edited November 2015 Posts: 9,117

Are you joking? This sort of story is ten a penny. No doubt the police dont even have that family on the watch list. Diesel's a proper legend and needs a full front page on the morrow.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3323495/Hero-police-dog-blown-terrorists-stand-Diesel-seven-year-old-Belgian-Shepherd-honoured-dying-defend-colours-killed-suicide-bomber-sent-apartment.html

Already had loads of medals - what a hero.Do dogs go to heaven? What does the bible say on that?

In any event Diesel is going to get bumped now because Jonah Lomu has just dropped dead.

The thing is France did not go to war I'm Iraq. So you cannot blame Bush for this one. Or France for the war.
    You can blame Bush and Blair for creating the perfect environment for ISIS to flourish.
    http://www.straitstimes.com/world/europe/putin-on-terrorism-to-forgive-them-is-up-to-god-but-to-send-them-to-him-is-up-to-me

Good to see you Mr Putin, things have been awfully dull around here. Bureaucrats running the place doing things by the book. Cant make a decision unless Parliament gives you the go ahead.

Now you're on this I hope we're going to see some gratuitous violence!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    edited November 2015 Posts: 45,489
    fanbond123;

"It is a civil war, an internal conflict."

The IS fighters in Syria are mostly foreigners.

When homebred terrorists kill us here, you can talk of a civil war.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited November 2015 Posts: 23,883
    Ludovico wrote: »

The thing is France did not go to war I'm Iraq. So you cannot blame Bush for this one. Or France for the war.
    The creation and initial weaponizing of ISIL is directly related to that illegal Bush war from 2003 onwards. They are the disaffected Sunni's who were tightly controlled (and prevented from realizing this caliphate nonsense) by Hussein for decades. All their weapons initially came from the US (via the Iraqi army who disbanded and fled, leaving the weaponry and munitions for ISIL). The remainder of their weapons is coming from Saudi sheik financing, which nobody is really trying to shut down interestingly.

France was intelligent not to get involved in the idiocy that was the 2nd Iraq war. So was Germany. So was Canada. Britain (or rather, should I say Tony Blair) was the willing fool .

The UK was attacked on 7.7 when they were involved in the illegal war. I don't think France was. Neither was Canada. Neither was Germany. Correct me if I am wrong. Just want to confirm the facts.
    ---

All countries that are bombing in Syria/Iraq today (and who have been doing so for the past year and a half) have effectively declared war on ISIL. All countries.... One does not bomb another country without it being war to the recipients of the bombing. Consequently, any attacks on the bomber's shores are to be expected. Did you not expect it?

Only in this case is it asymmetrical and done by proxy. That is the nature of a guerrilla war. No combatant with half a brain is going to fight a war on the enemy's terms. They want the enemy to fight the war on their terms. They will try to instill fear by creating maximum impact with a minimum cost. They are not going to 'telegraph' their attack unless they are stupid. These people are religious zealouts, but they are not stupid. Notice how all 3 terrorist attacks last week occurred in quick succession, before any law enforcement anywhere could be mobilized to high alert. They are also willing to die (like the Japanese kamikaze), which makes them very difficult to combat, & are also very well funded.
    http://www.straitstimes.com/world/europe/putin-on-terrorism-to-forgive-them-is-up-to-god-but-to-send-them-to-him-is-up-to-me

Good to see you Mr Putin, things have been awfully dull around here. Bureaucrats running the place doing things by the book. Cant make a decision unless Parliament gives you the go ahead.

That is one amazing quote. The type of direct, no mess stuff that the likes of DC and Obama cant do. There are many people in the West who will like that tone. It has a Dirty Harry/Josy Wales ring to it.

I honestly think ISIL fears Putin more than anyone.......and they should!
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Hot damn, Putin. I look forward to seeing the punishment he brings to any and all of them.

That is one amazing quote. The type of direct, no mess stuff that the likes of DC and Obama cant do. There are many people in the West who will like that tone. It has a Dirty Harry/Josy Wales ring to it.

Daniel Craig?

Remember Chechnya? They tried it on a few years ago. You dont hear a peep out of them now. Largely because Vlad obliterated them. If IS think their feeble youtube threats carry resonance then they should start burrowing into their little caves because Vlad is one bloke who carries through with his promises.
    I've always said Putin is not to be messed with. Not even by the US. Did you see the way Western State Dept. & Foreign Secretary officials were scrambling when Putin started bombing Syria unannounced. Kerry in particular looked like a deer in the headlights.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Putin flew a bomb plane over there personally.
This discussion has been closed.