Deadly attacks in Paris / Brussels / Nice (07/14/2016)

1424344454648»

Comments

• BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    It saddens me deeply what is happening with my neighbours the Germans.
    No country deserves to be attacked like that by sick individuals that I will refuse to even call human.

I wonder when it will happen in Switzerland. And what it would do to our country. I'm fully aware that we are an island of bliss and doing great economically as well.

I'm worried.

Because the EU is weak and incapable to handle such things. And the idiotic leadership of the EU, factually Merkel, is driving citizens of many countries into the hands of populists and far-right parties.
  • ChriscoopChriscoop North Yorkshire
    Best not to confuse populist movements with extreme right wing political agendas. People will be pushed towards political movements that seem to offer a return to good times, this by no means should have people labelled as nationalist or racist they just don't want to get blown up, it falls to moderate and law abiding integrating Muslims to denounce what's happening and as a people help destroy isis. Unfortunately there is a large degree of support and an us and them mentality which is making it harder to track these would be terrorists.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    What's wrong with populists and far-right?
    Nazis started as a populist movement, but so did gay marriage and letting women vote, quite often a populist movement can become the popular opinion and therefore democratic. far right tends to deal with indiscriminate intolerance and promotes elitism. Current governments need to handle the current situation carefully for the sake of common decency.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Chriscoop wrote: »
    Nazis started as a populist movement, but so did gay marriage and letting women vote, quite often a populist movement can become the popular opinion and therefore democratic. far right tends to deal with indiscriminate intolerance and promotes elitism. Current governments need to handle the current situation carefully for the sake of common decency.

But even 'handling the situation' is authoritarian in a way. Ultimately its the will of the people that the government should follow. I hope you understand where I'm coming from.
    As a Swiss I can tell you that the government should always follow the people. We are a direct democracy. And it has worked, is working and will work in the future. Other European countries should change to this system as well because many of them are in the process of becoming economic dictatorships.

But even 'handling the situation' is authoritarian in a way. Ultimately its the will of the people that the government should follow. I hope you understand where I'm coming from.
    Unfortunately people rarely seem to agree en masse for long, you either uphold democracy or not! Prolonged terror attacks will achieve a move to the right innocent people will suffer as a result. It's hard to fight against a cowardly army who hide behind school children, slaughter unarmed unprepared civilians and have no regard for human life.

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    Wint wrote: »
    It was never my intention to start a witch hunt or derail the thread.

Bad behavior should be pointed out, and that's all I did. Carry on

Ok you've had your fun. Now piss off and we'll see you in another two years.

Isn't democracy by definition a populist movement?
    As a Swiss I can tell you that the government should always follow the people. We are a direct democracy. And it has worked, is working and will work in the future. Other European countries should change to this system as well because many of them are in the process of becoming economic dictatorships.

Let's not go down this route. I was in Switzerland a few weeks ago and Christ it's a joyless place. Only interested in driving relentlessly at exactly the speed limit and rinsing as much money as they could out of me.
    edited July 2016 Posts: 9,020

Let's not go down this route. I was in Switzerland a few weeks ago and Christ it's a joyless place. Only interested in driving relentlessly at exactly the speed limit and rinsing as much money as they could out of me.

=)) =)) YES, we like to drive exactly the way the street signs tell us and why do you think we are such a rich country? :))

...and...what?...you were in Switzerland and didn't tell me? I would have wanted to meet you :D
    Ok you've had your fun. Now piss off and we'll see you in another two years.
    Some people don't like to hear the truth.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    You have to go to Italy if you want to perpetually break the speed limits. They don't follow them around there in my experience, and I respect that.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

=)) =)) YES, we like to drive exactly the way the street signs tell us and why do you think we are such a rich country? :))

Finally after miles of solid white line I got some dotted line, which in every other country means you can overtake. When I got half a sniff I gunned it and pissed past some tosser who had been ambling along at 50kph (or whatever the painful speed limit was). Obviously I didn't get away from him as 500 yards down the road the dotted line finished and I was stuck behind another Swiss law abider happy to trundle along at some God forsaken speed. The guy I had overtaken when f**king mental - flashing his lights and peeping his horn at me for literally, and not exaggerating here, half an hour until he turned off onto another road.

If you fancy a driving holiday then I implore you whatever you do don't go to Switzerland. I barely got out of 4th gear. Utterly soul sapping and a total waste of two days.
  • MyNameIsMyBondRnMyNameIsMyBondRn WhereYouLeastExpectMeToBe
    Apart from being an Alias of @BondJasonBond006 I shall remain an
    International man of mystery. :D

-No; International Man of Mystery= MyNameIsMyBondRn....
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

There'sNothingMysteriousAboutYouRn.

-So You think I am AnEnTirelyTransPaRentMyStErIosItY?..!

Peoples Need Moral Support, Food; A good Job and EDUCATION.
    What we do not know, We Have To Learn From Eachother,
    Our Skin Colour are not determining What we know as a Collective.
    Random Fears Because of the UNKNOWN has come To Determine Our Actions.
    Thereby Our Wars Against OURSELVES..!
    With A Little HUMANITY The HUMAN Race can FIX that..!
    Our Respective Religions If Any; Comes Second To That.
    In Any Case; The UNKNOWN Rules For Most Of The Time...!
    This Nice Last Attack Was One Out Of Ignorance-The Relative Ignorance Of Your OPPOSITE's...That Mirrors Your Own Ignorance.
    (And So It Continues As It Has Ever Done Since The Beginning of TIME.).[/quote]
    A Lonely Eighteen Year Old Troubled Soul that was Rejected By The Ignorants Around Himself wanted to set the world on fire as they the Antagonists that felt themeselves to be The Better One's did not stop harrasing him behind his back, because of what they were afraid of..as they were IGNORANT..!.. and could not accept him..!..They created Their Own Terror..!?..And Got A Return On That..![/quote](from July 24 2016).
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

IThinkYouHaveAnExtremelyPoorKnowledgeOfProperSentenceStructureAndYouBefuddleUsAllWhenYouChooseToSmashAllYourWordsTogetherInYourPostsWithoutAnySpacingBetweenTheWordsOrProperPunctuationAsI'mDoingRightNowInAnEffortToBothAdviseAndMockYou.

IThinkYouHaveAnExtremelyPoorKnowledgeOfProperSentenceStructureAndYouBefuddleUsAllWhenYouChooseToSmashAllYourWordsTogetherInYourPostsWithoutAnySpacingBetweenTheWordsOrProperPunctuationAsI'mDoingRightNowInAnEffortToBothAdviseAndMockYou.

I Like when people are Mocking me. It makes me feel like that I am Seen..!

Believe me, we see you. You're kind of hard to miss.
    edited July 2016 Posts: 221

Believe me, we see you. You're kind of hard to miss.

I did found out in my schoolyears, that my fellow schoolchildren was overzelous about their writings in school; but that it really did not matter afterwards..This is my way of mocking Overzelous sentence builders that anyway do not understand what is written before their noses and what it actually means, that it even could mean more than one thing at any given time..!-after school many of them made worse..!

• BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    This thread has been derailed enough now. After multiple requests to keep it on topic, it appears that is not possible.
    After several requests to have it locked, I can see no further option.
    Sorry to the few that can keep such a discussion on track, and debate without the need to name call, or go on a witch hunt.

This discussion has been closed.