Worst sequels in cinematic history (that you love or hate)

123457»

Comments

• edited August 2016 Posts: 14,800
    ???

Charm is what T2 has, that the original completely lacks.

No, it has good, heck even great FX. T1 was a neat scifi paranoid B movie. The second one has more or less the same story, but is far more preachy.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited August 2016 Posts: 23,883
    I thought the masterstroke of T2 was reversing Arnie's role. That really caught me by surprise. Along with having a faster, more modern Terminator adversary.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I think I misunderstood what you meant by charm.
    bondjames wrote: »
    I thought the masterstroke of T2 was reversing Arnie's role. That really caught me by surprise. Along with having a faster, more modern Terminator adversary.

Making a lean, soft spoken villain against Arnie's T-800 and making the T-1000 far more dangerous and menacing in spite of a less impressive apperance was in fact a stroke of genius. I agree on this. But Arnie as the good guy was at that time nothing original.
    Speed 2 takes the cake as the worst sequel ever
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    While the first two 'Terminator' movies are fantastic, I'm in the minority that just slightly prefers the first one.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    Speed 2 takes the cake as the worst sequel ever
    I agree. There really is very little to redeem this film. A disgrace.
  • QOS
    Blues Brothers 2000
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    The lost world: Jurassic park

Never reaches the heights set by the masterpiece that is the first film.
  • edited August 2016 Posts: 6,432
    The Pink Panther 2 I love the original films and thought the Steve Martin reboot/remake/rehash was passable had some funny moments, the second film was atrocious.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited September 2016 Posts: 15,686
    Probably the most hilariously bad, extremely cringe worthy ending to a film I've ever seen is the ending of 'Independence Day: Resurgence'.

If I can remember the exact dialogue, it goes like this:

- 'Two words, interstellar travel!'
    - 'Take the fight to them?'
    - 'WHEN DO WE LEAVE? '
    - 'We're gonna kick some alien ass!'

Although I will give the film credits that these final 30 seconds are so incredibly bad, that they kind of become awesome (but you have to sit through 2 hours of rubbish to get there).
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I guess after seeing AvP and AVPR I can honestly say Requiem is one of the worst direct sequels I have seen. AvP is bloody great, Requiem is absolutely meh except for the final 30 minutes long war between Aliens and Predators.
    Basic Instinct 2 ....where the hell did that crock of crap come from ?!