I've never noticed that before...

Comments

• Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Well no doubt to all of this, just thought it was an interesting observation. Nevermind.
    thedove wrote: »
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    It's not something I've recently "noticed" but just a quick thought I have at the end of TSWLM with each viewing: how in the hell does Jaws survive that swim back? Completely in the middle of nowhere, no backup to call for, even someone of his size would get exhausted.

The pilot and flight attendant from MR flew by and landed on a nearby island. Then they picked him up and waited for Bond to book a private plane. By the way, where the hell was Bond going? Why was he on a private jet with just a pilot and one flight attendant? Where did Jaws hide and how long were they flying before the attack started? So many questions!

Maybe he was hanging out in the back with the other henchman of Goldfinger's who was behind him when he came from behind the curtain of the presidential jet.
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    BT3366 wrote: »
    thedove wrote: »
    It's not something I've recently "noticed" but just a quick thought I have at the end of TSWLM with each viewing: how in the hell does Jaws survive that swim back? Completely in the middle of nowhere, no backup to call for, even someone of his size would get exhausted.

The pilot and flight attendant from MR flew by and landed on a nearby island. Then they picked him up and waited for Bond to book a private plane. By the way, where the hell was Bond going? Why was he on a private jet with just a pilot and one flight attendant? Where did Jaws hide and how long were they flying before the attack started? So many questions!

Maybe he was hanging out in the back with the other henchman of Goldfinger's who was behind him when he came from behind the curtain of the presidential jet.

You can briefly see Jaws in the cockpit of the plane, when the pilot comes out of it.
    Jaws leg and arm are seen momentarily. Blink and you'll miss it.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    j_w_pepper wrote: »
    Is that the same Bond who in TSWLM decided to take a train from Egypt to Sardinia?

I like it a few films later when he's ordered to go to hot and sunny Tangier to kill General Pushkin and so he decides to get his car 'winterised'.
  • OctopussyOctopussy Piz Gloria, Schilthorn, Switzerland.
    mtm wrote: »
    I’d never noticed that AVTAK is, I believe, the only film where Bond isn’t shown to stay in a hotel! :D

That's correct, they had him stay at an aged care facility instead.
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Octopussy wrote: »
    I’d never noticed that AVTAK is, I believe, the only film where Bond isn’t shown to stay in a hotel! :D

That's correct, they had him stay at an aged care facility instead.

Ha! Poor Roger :)

I like in the DVD commentary that he mentions staying in the chateau for real one time and he says something like “yes I believe it was a party the Aga Khan was throwing”! One of us, was Roger :D
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    Well no doubt to all of this, just thought it was an interesting observation. Nevermind.

Not only is it interesting, thanks to your observation my day at the office has greatly improved and perhaps next time I'll enjoy the 'I'll skip this one' MR dvd a lot more too.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Is Spectre the only time we see the opposite side of Moneypenny’s office? (When she receives the phone and M walks in)?
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited January 2020 Posts: 14,965
    Mallory wrote: »
    Is Spectre the only time we see the opposite side of Moneypenny’s office? (When she receives the phone and M walks in)?

Nah: think of all of those shots of the hat landing on the hatstand! :)

Plus the whole cigar conversation in DAD is from a similar angle, isn't it? I might be wrong.
  • edited January 2020 Posts: 17,294
    I'm not completely sure, but it looks like the same wall-mounted lamps appear in Goldfinger's factory in GF, and onboard the Disco Volante in TB:
    RXNbpRN.png
    Fx55WWw.png
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Oh good spot!
    I have a vague memory that the clock on Goldfinger's plane reappears somewhere else, but I can't think where now... does that ring any bells for anyone?
    Oh good spot!
    I have a vague memory that the clock on Goldfinger's plane reappears somewhere else, but I can't think where now... does that ring any bells for anyone?

It appears twice in GF, actually – and once in TB (Shrublands)!
    vB8SBHl.png
    wRCnSp1.png
    pfROyUG.png
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    Thank you, yes. Where's that third shot from? The second is from on the plane as well, isn't it? Which seems reasonable! :)
    Thank you, yes. Where's that third shot from? The second is from on the plane as well, isn't it? Which seems reasonable! :)

The first is from GF's plane yes, and the second is from the one that's to take Bond to the White House at the end of the film. As for TB, it's from the scene with Bond on the spinal traction machine at Shrublands. :-)
  • mtmmtm United Kingdom
    edited January 2020 Posts: 14,965

As for TB, it's from the scene with Bond on the spinal traction machine at Shrublands. :-)

Ah yes! That's what I was thinking of- thank you :)

I love that it still has the spyhole in it!

As for TB, it's from the scene with Bond on the spinal traction machine at Shrublands. :-)

Hadn't noticed that detail myself, haha!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Proof that Goldfinger was working for SPECTRE.
    I think it's proof that if Goldfinger had that discovered today, he'd have a trial like Harvey Weinstein.
  • LeonardPineLeonardPine The Bar on the Beach
    Listening to the TWINE song today and I wondered is this the only Bond song that incorporates dialogue from the film into the lyrics..? Namely 'There's no point living if you can't feel alive...' 🤔
    Small detail, but watching OP last night I noticed for the first time the guy at 2:22 misses the door handle initially :P

• BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    Listening to the TWINE song today and I wondered is this the only Bond song that incorporates dialogue from the film into the lyrics..? Namely 'There's no point living if you can't feel alive...' 🤔

But what about "the world is not enough" itself or basically every song title that matches the film's?
  • thedovethedove hiding in the Greek underworld

Dialogue I think you are correct. Although in TND the monstrosity that is the theme song references Paris and Bond relationship. Which makes me wonder who is singing the song. But I believe you are correct in saying that it's the only song that lifts direct quote from the movie it is from.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    edited February 2020 Posts: 13,940
    Not to mention Madonna's DAD foreshadowing events in Spectre!:

Ben-Whishaw-as-Q-and-Daniel-Craig-as-James-Bond-in-Spectre.jpg

Bond to Q:
    "Analyze this, analyze this"

But what about "the world is not enough" itself or basically every song title that matches the film's?

Obviously that's not what I meant. The title is a given. I was talking about actual quotes. And I'm pretty sure TWINE is the only one.
    I'm sure someone has mentioned it before but in GE an ejector seat on a helicopter.... Isn't really a good idea....if it was actually airborne....?!!! 🤔
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    I'm sure someone has mentioned it before but in GE an ejector seat on a helicopter.... Isn't really a good idea....if it was actually airborne....?!!! 🤔

Believe it or not, helicopter ejection seats are a reality.

:-O

https://aviation.stackexchange.com/questions/43264/are-there-any-helicopters-with-ejection-seats

The system works just as it does in GE. Blades are blown off before the passengers are jettisoned.
    Benny wrote: »

https://aviation.stackexchange.com/questions/43264/are-there-any-helicopters-with-ejection-seats

The system works just as it does in GE. Blades are blown off before the passengers are jettisoned.

Blimey! Thanks @Benny I did not know that! As long as the rotors were blown off first it would probably work!
  • Daniel316Daniel316 United States
    I never actually thought about how dangerous a Helicopter ejector seat could be if it were airborne. Being ejected into the blades while it's moving sounds like some kind of Mortal Kombat Fatality or a death scene from a very gritty action movie, and it's quite logical so I'm not sure how I kissed it lol. But yeah Leonard if the blades weren't on then yeah it should be not only possible but safe to use it then, I mean planes typically have ejector seats so why not helicopters?

Blimey! Thanks @Benny I did not know that! As long as the rotors were blown off first it would probably work!

So just where do those ejected blades end up? I wouldn't want to be anywhere below.
  • j_w_pepperj_w_pepper Born on the bayou. I can still hear my old hound dog barkin'.
    BT3366 wrote: »

So just where do those ejected blades end up? I wouldn't want to be anywhere below.
    I wouldn't want to be anywhere below where the rest of the helicopter comes down, either. Nor where a jet fighter comes down after the pilot ejected himself. Or merely its canopy.