"Something for the weekend, Sir ?"

Comments

Off to the pub for lunch with my gal....I don't think I will watch the 2nd half of Arsenal's as usual shit performance against Chelsea in Beijing.

• MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Sounds fun.

Yes it usually is,the weather here in the south west is poor this weekend so more than one way of getting wet!.
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Trying to simmer down from boiling point after the farcical Building Inspector visit I had yesterday.

Tell us more. Get it off your chest.

I promise I will have my rant tomorrow. Honest! Lol!

As promised Thunderfinger!

Basically this is it in a nutshell. Extension refused twice due to not having 3 parking spaces as we are going from a 3 bed to a 4 bed. Although it is mainly for my Bond room. So we provided photo evidence of 3 cars on the drive. yet they refused it a second time so our Architect said we will go to the Inspectorate as they have more common sense than the planners as they just sit in an office.

10 week wait and they left it to the last day of this period and said I had to be there to meet them especially if needing access to the site. They gave a window of 8.30am to 13.00pm. I took the day off work to meet them as Architect is currently on holiday. The Mrs left the house at 8.36am, I went to the toilet and came down 3 or 4 minutes later to find an A4 piece of paper saying turned up as arranged at 8.40am and had gone. Decision date by the 16.08.2017.

Phoned the number immediately on the paper only to get someone else. Explained the situation so he chased them up. Phoned me later saying he had to leave a voicemail. Anyway later on he called me back saying he got an E-mail stating that the Inspector saw what he needed to see and left. That's it! So now my own grand plan for me and my collection is way up in the air, and this has been going on since March of last year.

It is now getting towards the back end of the year where if I do get permission, by the time a builder is sourced? It will most likely be pushed into another year and then that will be almost a 5 year wait without my collection.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Typical. What a mafia.
    Typical. What a mafia.

You can see why it wound me up so much now.
  • Thunderball007Thunderball007 United States
    How is everybody doing?

Mostly a relaxing weekend for me.
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Fantastic. I open the front door and can see the beach right now
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    My weekend will be interrupted by a mandatory company meeting. I live an hour from my job, so I have to drive two hours round trip for a two hour meeting. I make just above minimum wage, so with the cost of gasoline, I'll barely be turning a profit. At least I have plans for dinner with some friends after.
  • Not the weekend, but this week I will be visiting London. Do any of you locals have any recommendations for things going on this week or favorite local places, food or otherwise? I've been a few times before so I've seen many of the more well known sites. Always make sure I pass by the MI6 building. ;)
    Don t be fooled. The real MI6 are a force of evil.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    As a south Londoner, I feel my 'hood doesn't get enough love from visitors, so I'm going to push the Imperial War Museum and the South Bank as two of my favourite London places.

How long are you around for? Could you make any of the Summer of Spies events?
  • Thanks for the suggestions, @Agent_99! I'm there through Friday. I do plan to attend the LeCarre reading this week.
  • We plan to!
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    A clandestine rendezvous at the spy event it shall be!
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Upfest Bristol street art festival this weekend.
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Off to watch Spiderman: Homecoming this morning. Kids all left me, wife at work so why not?
    That sounds a lot better than "wife left me, kids at work".
    edited July 2017 Posts: 306
    @Birdleson

Wow, neat. 35 years. I wonder, how many more final tours?

Is your dad driving?
    @Birdleson

He had a heart attack.. Maybe I forgot or missed that. Rough. Best wishes to him.

Are you leaving for there soon?
    @Birdleson

Poor buddy. I wonder, what illness?
    @Birdleson

Ew. Have a remedy? Maybe watch some James Bond, too. ;)
    edited July 2017 Posts: 306
    @Birdleson

Moonraker is one of my favorites! You see my avatar? You know it? :p

Wishing you feel better soon.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    edited August 2017 Posts: 6,733
    I just participated in the shooting of a university amateur short film. I was in the sound department, and before that I was one of the screenwriters. It's a two-day shoot but we had to postpone one day for another weekend, because the deal with one of the actors fell through.

All in all, an interesting experience, but I don't know how people do this for a living. Long, irregular hours, never in the same place...
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    P-Funk got my attention. Enjoyed living vicariously through your experiences, @Birdleson.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    First day of school is done. I'm exhausted.

I'm sure you're looking forward to the weekend already.
  • Creasy47 wrote: »
    First day of school is done. I'm exhausted.

I'm sure you're looking forward to the weekend already.

Or next summer?
    Or death.
    Or death.

Nice one! Always look on the bright side! Lol!
    Watcha up to ,fellow Bond nerds ?

Tell the forum,tell the world !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!