"Something for the weekend, Sir ?"

Comments

• Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    I'm catsitting for friends.

I didn't realise that when they said 'would you mind popping round to feed the cat' they meant 'and also water the entire garden', about which I am considerably less keen...
    Agent_99 wrote: »

I didn't realise that when they said 'would you mind popping round to feed the cat' they meant 'and also water the entire garden', about which I am considerably less keen...

Aah you're back....!!

How was the bike trip ?
    It was brilliant!!

I should post in the going away/coming back thread I guess!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

And empty the litterbox.
    And empty the litterbox.

I don't even mind that!
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Taking the family to the water park and then taking my son to a minor league baseball game. Same stadium where the Mets do their spring training.
    Oh I want to go to a water park! They're a bit sparse in the UK, also chilly.

(For British kids in the '80s, the most mindblowing thing about Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure was WATERLOO. Closely followed by shops that are open in the evening.)
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    Oh I want to go to a water park! They're a bit sparse in the UK, also chilly.

(For British kids in the '80s, the most mindblowing thing about Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure was WATERLOO. Closely followed by shops that are open in the evening.)

Pretty abundant here in Florida. Especially in the big tourist cities such as Orlando and Tampa. But also highly expensive. The one in my town is about $13 per person and you can get about 4-5 hours out of it.
    Shopping some new thunderwear.
    So what ya up to fellow Bond nerds ?

Me and my gal are off to a music & BBQ at one of my local pubs tomorrow.
    Should be fun,as long as I don't get bloody sunburnt.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Kicking: Impossible
    Shopping some new thunderwear.

Make sure it covers the thunderballs.

I'll get my coat.
    Taking my son to the new Spiderman movie. I hear it s good.
    This evening, it's theater for me. I'm going to see Le Gros Diamant du Prince Ludwig, the french adaptation of The Comedy about a Bank Robbery, by the same company who did Les Faux British, the french adaptation of The Play that Goes Wrong. If it's only half as fun as that, I'm in for a great evening. Although the trip back home will be a bit difficult. Due to roadwork, buses don't stop at the stop nearest to home. Ah well, a little walk never killed anyone, right ?
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    edited July 2017 Posts: 23,551
    Annual summer illness has arrived. The last few weeks of June are always dreadfully exhausting. It's a teacher thing. Correcting tons of finals against rough deadlines, having endless meetings, attending late graduation ceremonies and the likes... most of that while following irregular meals (or none at all), suffering from sleep deprivation, coasting on the goodwill of my adrenaline and caffeine levels. And now, at the start of the summer vacation, all of that mental and physical abuse comes down on me like a load of bricks. So, nausea, headaches, bowel chaos, ... are wreaking havoc inside of me right now.

What does one do then? Well, in my case, with the girlfriend occupied during the day, I buy a 6-DVD box of Steven Seagal trash and watch it with the greatest amusement. This stuff is bad, people, and it only gets worse. :D Every year, Seagal's output seems to increase while imdb signals him with <2.0 ratings to stop, please, STOP all right. But he just won't. He can't keep his belly on the same continent as his ego but don't let that fool you. The man is an expert archaeologist, martial artist, gunman, scientist, porch fixer, doctor, horseman ..., he's an expert everything. Women want him more than jewellery and he's also the world's greatest father -- who would have known. He can drive cars like a pro and speaks more languages than C-3PO. He consults Catholic priest almost as often as Buddha -- betting on multiple horses, are we? -- oh, and he can cook and play the guitar like no-one can. If you're looking for tragedy, it's there too. The man is a sad example of someone suffering from an identity crisis: he wants to be a black man, an Italian, an Asian and an Inuit, all at the same time. Unfortunately, he's just a white man, ain't that a shame? Moreover, he's surrounded by people who serve only as decoration or to put stress on how awesome he really is by failing in almost everything they do. Understand please that things aren't exactly facilitated when a cheap sound stage has to substitute for a Chinese, Parisian or Russian neighbourhood, and when people looking at the sky are basically looking at a poor CGI job because even the skies are too expensive for a Steven Seagal film. And for those of us who really can't make out any of this highly intellectual stuff, there's fortunately the kind voice-over lady, explaining how she crossed paths with this marvellous man once and will never forget about it. To finish it all off, there's the generic CASIO keyboard score, good enough to fill in the blanks when Seagal's awesomeness diverted your attention away from the complicated story.

reincarnation-controversy-1494446504.jpg

So you see, when feeling ill, Steven Seagal is the cure! I'm feeling better already and I'm only one film in. I still have the whole weekend to go! Steven Seagal, my saviour.

Here's something to have a really good time with:
    https://theflyingguillotine.wordpress.com/2011/08/17/the-ridiculousness-of-steven-seagal-part-1/
    Not a fat lot as I am doing 6 days a week for the next couple of weeks!!!!!
  • DarthDimiDarthDimi Behind you!Moderator
    What exactly are you doing 6 days a week for the next couple of weeks, friend? :)
    Me I am a cheeky humble postman! Going back to one of my old deliveries as the guy who replaced me has been hospitalised due to a bite. And it wasn't even a dog. Be nice to see a lot of old customers as a lot are elderly and sadly the Postie is most likely the only bit of company that some of them see on a daily basis.
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Me I am a cheeky humble postman! Going back to one of my old deliveries as the guy who replaced me has been hospitalised due to a bite. And it wasn't even a dog.

You wanted your old route back that bad?
    Right,me and my gal are off to the pub for music and a piss up...laters Bondites !!
    Me I am a cheeky humble postman! Going back to one of my old deliveries as the guy who replaced me has been hospitalised due to a bite. And it wasn't even a dog.

You wanted your old route back that bad?

Something in his cocktail I hear?!!!!
  • QuantumOrganizationQuantumOrganization We have people everywhere
    Just got back from a comedy show with some friends and family. Damn good time.
    The new Apes movie and packing for my holiday.
    Royal International Air Tattoo at RAF Fairford this weekend! Anyone else going? I know I'm not the only plane fan around here...
    Apes was set on hold. Plan is to go this weekend instead. Maybe Dunkirk as well.
    Heading over to the West coast of Florida for our annual vacation
    Trying to simmer down from boiling point after the farcical Building Inspector visit I had yesterday.
  • MrcogginsMrcoggins Following in the footsteps of Quentin Quigley.
    Bristol Harbour Festival this weekend so I will be getting Wet.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    No work for the weekend so I'll be binge-watching Netflix's 'Ozark' and awaiting the next episode of 'Game of Thrones.' Should be a quiet weekend.
    Trying to simmer down from boiling point after the farcical Building Inspector visit I had yesterday.

Tell us more. Get it off your chest.

Tell us more. Get it off your chest.

I promise I will have my rant tomorrow. Honest! Lol!