No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Yes, I believe a few over enthusiastic Craig fans take what Barbara and Micheal said at the SPECTRE premiere a little too seriously. Of course they're gonna say they will do everything to get him back. These are the kinds of platitudes we should take for granted. It's not like they were at the premiere for Die Another Day, dropping all sorts of hints about how they wanted someone else in the role. That's just not professional.

We except that 90% of what comes out of Barbara and Micheal's mouth at these red carpet events is producer speak, purposefully designed to be uncontroversial, but then when they mention they will do anything to keep Craig, we gobble it up. Remember, they are just coming up with things to say that reassure people that the franchise is stable and everything is going swimmingly. If they were thinking about replacing their lead actor, they certainly wouldn't allude to it at one of these events, years before the process has begun.

Some fans also say they've got a crew and cast all ready to go and everything will roll out as soon as MGM signs a distribution deal.

Even EON aren't that sneaky.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    (The Aston stunt wasn t bad either)

Nah sorry that's just a car roll. They were doing that in the A Team in the 80s. 'But it was a world record!!' I hear you all say; so was the explosion in SP and it was shite. Just drive fast enough, use a powerful enough air cannon and make sure your roll cage is strong enough. Anyone could do it. I'm not a big fan of a stunt where the stuntman is just a passenger.

The TLD cargo net didn't break any records but it's still one of the best stunts of all time - and no trickery @Getafix!! Watch as BJ Worth nearly gets splattered against the tail after Lombard falls off. Stunning stuff with genuine risk of life and limb, far more than the ski jump.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Watch as BJ Worth nearly gets splattered against the tail after Lombard falls off. Stunning stuff with genuine risk of life and limb, far more than the ski jump.
    I noticed that. A few inches forward and his face would have been smashed to pieces.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Worth used his hidden backup chute at the last possible moment so he didn't get injured According to him it was the only time they used the hidden chutes.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    I'm struggling to think of a better stunt actually.

TSWLM ski jump? A case can be made.

Indy dragged behind the truck? Well this is basically the same stunt but with a plane.

Opening sequence of Police Story hanging off the bus with an umbrella? Again a similar stunt but the stakes raised by doing it out the back of a plane.
    Yes, I believe a few over enthusiastic Craig fans take what Barbara and Micheal said at the SPECTRE premiere a little too seriously. Of course they're gonna say they will do everything to get him back. These are the kinds of platitudes we should take for granted. It's not like they were at the premiere for Die Another Day, dropping all sorts of hints about how they wanted someone else in the role. That's just not professional.

We except that 90% of what comes out of Barbara and Micheal's mouth at these red carpet events is producer speak, purposefully designed to be uncontroversial, but then when they mention they will do anything to keep Craig, we gobble it up. Remember, they are just coming up with things to say that reassure people that the franchise is stable and everything is going swimmingly. If they were thinking about replacing their lead actor, they certainly wouldn't allude to it at one of these events, years before the process has begun.

Some fans also say they've got a crew and cast all ready to go and everything will roll out as soon as MGM signs a distribution deal.
    Crew and cast all ready to go? A few hundred people twisting their thumbs and foregoing their daily income? Apart from some of the actors, I believe most of those people don´t have it that easy to pay their rent.

• edited June 2017 Posts: 2,115
    boldfinger wrote: »

Crew and cast all ready to go? A few hundred people twisting their thumbs and foregoing their daily income? Apart from some of the actors, I believe most of those people don´t have it that easy to pay their rent.

I know. I agree.

But I've seen fans post on message boards like this one that "Eon's just keeping things quiet because of the Sony hacks."

In real life, Eon doesn't spend its money. It spends other people's money (i.e. studios). Until there's a distribution deal, not a whole lot can happen.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    edited June 2017 Posts: 3,277
    James Bond 25: Does THIS prove a new 007 film announcement is imminent?
    http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/818862/James-Bond-25-Daniel-Craig-next-Bond-movie-Spectre
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited June 2017 Posts: 10,588
    http://www.express.co.uk/entertainment/films/818862/James-Bond-25-Daniel-Craig-next-Bond-movie-Spectre
    Nope. They did this with SF as well. Once the film is well past its theatrical and home release, there's simply no need to promote it anymore. If you've noticed, the SPECTRE section has been taken off 007.com as well. Doesn't mean anything.
    Barbara is 90% sure when the next film will release, its plot & who the lead is. Craig probably knows for certain whether he is doing another or not. I think he will do it if its on par at the minimum with at least Skyfall. He wont do another Spectre, & this is coming from a Spectre fan
  • Tuck91 wrote: »
    Barbara is 90% sure when the next film will release, its plot & who the lead is.

Maybe so. How sure are you that Barbara is 90% sure? ;)
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    I agree, EON has a desired timetable and knows if that includes Craig.
  • James Bond 25: Does THIS prove a new 007 film announcement is imminent?

Short answer: No.

Remember all the fuss when the helicopter was purchased? (However many pages ago that was in this thread)
  • James Bond 25: Does THIS prove a new 007 film announcement is imminent?

Short answer: No.

Remember all the fuss when the helicopter was purchased? (However many pages ago that was in this thread)

American cultural reference:latest?cb=20100523172400
  • (However many pages ago that was in this thread)

Probably a good 650 pages ago...

• edited January 2021 Posts: 6,844

Let us surely hope.
  • edited June 2017 Posts: 11,425
    I'm struggling to think of a better stunt actually.

TSWLM ski jump? A case can be made.

Indy dragged behind the truck? Well this is basically the same stunt but with a plane.

Opening sequence of Police Story hanging off the bus with an umbrella? Again a similar stunt but the stakes raised by doing it out the back of a plane.

Agree the TLD cargo plane sequence is hard to beat. The fight outside the plane at the end of OP is pretty good.

I've always enjoyed the harpoon gun, water-skiing and plane sequence in LTK as well. Daft but entertaining. Perhaps not in the same league as the others.

I'm not all that hung up on massive action for Bond - although that had its place. It's more about the style in which the action is done. Bond's improvisation, bravado or cunning.

In TLD he cuts his boot off. It probably wouldn't past muster these days, but the improvised aspect lends it a realism that heightens the tension in my opinion. He's fighting for his life and does what's necessary to win. No superhero antics. It's stuff like that which makes Bond different and human. I suppose throwing the electric heater into the bathtub in GF is similar. Nasty, dirty deaths, but Bond getting the job done.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    boldfinger wrote: »

I know. I agree.

But I've seen fans post on message boards like this one that "Eon's just keeping things quiet because of the Sony hacks."

In real life, Eon doesn't spend its money. It spends other people's money (i.e. studios). Until there's a distribution deal, not a whole lot can happen.

Yeah pretty much
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    talos7 wrote: »

Based on time just passing by I would say its becoming more unlikely by the month
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    edited June 2017 Posts: 15,690
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Based on time just passing by I would say its becoming more unlikely by the month

Will you stop with that bullshit? What do we know about Bond 25's release date and whether or not Craig is coming back? Nothing. So stop assuming you have any information about Craig's development. We have no confirmation/evidence he will be in the film, but we don't have any confirmation/evidence that he won't be back as Bond. Why don't you assume he already committed to doing Bond 25, and EON is waiting for a distributor to be chosen before announcing anything?
    edited June 2017 Posts: 7,980
    What an interesting response to a valid opinion; I think it's safe to say that the longer the gap until the next film, the more likely it is that Craig will not return..
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    What an interesting response to a valid opinion .

My thought exactly.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    How does anyone here know the gap is getting longer? Bond 25 was never going to be released in 2017 anyway. If a November 2018 release were to happen, all information concerning the film would be announced in December 2017 at the latest. Unless I am wrong, we are currently in June 2017. How can anyone affirm with 100% certainty that no info on B25 will be given before this year is over? Similarly, for all we know EON and Craig are committed to a Nov 2019 release.
    At this point it's all good natured fan speculation.
    Speculation, yes, ruling-out certain eventualities, no.
    The words likely and unlikely were used;
    And they shouldn't, because based on the minimal info we have on Bond 25, they cancel each other out. Bond 25 coming out in 2018, 2019 or 2020 is as likely as it is unlikely, as we have no facts or evidence to confirm or rule out any release year.
    edited June 2017 Posts: 7,980
    Lol, then the entire Bond 25 topic should be closed at this time.
    Why should it? Every 3 months people are trying to close this thread. What for?