No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    No more Seydoux.
    In fact, no more French actresses for a while, please. I've had enough of 'em.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    edited November 2015 Posts: 11,139
    Agreed. Apart from Olga and even she's a French citizen, all the lead Bond girls in the Craig era are all French.
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 11,425
    Ireland a possible location? -Barbs said in 2013 at the Institute of Directors event at the weekend in support of the film industry in Ireland.

“we’ll come here. Ireland is gorgeous. I’d love to come here and make a Bond film" .

I understand she wanted to feature Ireland in Spectre but it did not work out for location against the story

I think she was just being polite because she was in Ireland.

A proper location-based shoot in China would be good. And it would make sense in terms of the growing movie market there.

• SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    At the time, I thought Eva Green was English. Her name doesn't sound French, nor does her accent.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    Getafix wrote: »
    Ireland a possible location? -Barbs said in 2013 at the Institute of Directors event at the weekend in support of the film industry in Ireland.

“we’ll come here. Ireland is gorgeous. I’d love to come here and make a Bond film" .

I understand she wanted to feature Ireland in Spectre but it did not work out for location against the story

A proper location-based shoot in China would be good. And it would make sense in terms of the growing movie market there.

I don't know you know there incredible area's of Ireland that would rival New Zealand

Most of the film Braveheart was shot in Ireland due to the bad Scottish weather. Simply stunning country.

16gwsuo.jpg
    2q1z9g6.jpg
  • RC7RC7

I don't know you know there incredible area's of Ireland that would rival New Zealand

Most of the film Braveheart was shot in Ireland due to the bad Scottish weather. Simply stunning country.

16gwsuo.jpg
    2q1z9g6.jpg

Agreed. I can see Ireland working one day.
    Ireland is beautiful but a geopolitical backwater. It's hard to think why Bond might go there. May be it could stand in for somewhere else?
  • RC7RC7
    Ireland is beautiful but a geopolitical backwater. It's hard to think why Bond might go there. May be it could stand in for somewhere else?

Some stunning Golf courses there.
    I think Bond is overdue a return to India. And a proper Chinese set story would be good.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    bondboy007 wrote: »
    Risico007 wrote: »
    I don't get it everyone wanted Spectre and Blofeld back now we have them and everyone want them to go way?

I say have one more film with Spectre and blofeld before killing him off for another 30 years

I'd be fine with that had the plan to use Blofeld and Spectre been built up over a few movies like it was in the Connery era. Instead we had 1 film (Spectre) try and ret-con Blofeld into the previous 3 movies in an incredibly sloppy manner. I want Bond 25 to have virtually no connection to Spectre, bring them back when they actually spend time putting together a full plot.

The return of SPECTRE and Blofeld was fine. Connecting SPECTRE with the previous three DC films and making the Bond-Blofeld foster connection were both horrible missteps, imho. If EON wanted to re-establish SPECTRE, it only needed to show it as a new organization that has come together to fill a void Quantum left behind. Mr. White still could have played a major role: a man in hiding, from authorities, and now from SPECTRE, who wants to extract every bit of "intelligence" it can from one of the few living members of Quantum. Think of it as a big fish that's come to the pond and is going to swallow what is left of the old fish. Oh well...
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    How many times has Bond visited France in the movies? I think he's due a visit there again one day.
  • RC7RC7
    TripAces wrote: »
    bondboy007 wrote: »
    Risico007 wrote: »
    I don't get it everyone wanted Spectre and Blofeld back now we have them and everyone want them to go way?

I say have one more film with Spectre and blofeld before killing him off for another 30 years

I'd be fine with that had the plan to use Blofeld and Spectre been built up over a few movies like it was in the Connery era. Instead we had 1 film (Spectre) try and ret-con Blofeld into the previous 3 movies in an incredibly sloppy manner. I want Bond 25 to have virtually no connection to Spectre, bring them back when they actually spend time putting together a full plot.

The return of SPECTRE and Blofeld was fine. Connecting SPECTRE with the previous three DC films and making the Bond-Blofeld foster connection were both horrible missteps, imho. If EON wanted to re-establish SPECTRE, it only needed to show it as a new organization that has come together to fill a void Quantum left behind. Mr. White still could have played a major role: a man in hiding, from authorities, and now from SPECTRE, who wants to extract every bit of "intelligence" it can from one of the few living members of Quantum. Think of it as a big fish that's come to the pond and is going to swallow what is left of the old fish. Oh well...

The way I figure it, and always did to be honest (and this is not an attempt to convert naysayers, just an observation) was that this version of the organisation was always going to be bespoke to the Craig tenure, whether they'd gone personal or not. The DC films have been, by far, the most introspective of the canon. They are tailored to a personal narrative and one which unfolds across the films. This has only been cemented further with SP.

I've no doubt in my mind that whatever happens post-DC it will be totally disconnected from the current era. For that very reason I've never even entertained the thought that the Waltz ESB will be seen anywhere but a Craig film. Should they reintroduce ESB in a future non-Craig entry it will likely be more in line with the literary incarnation and not the DC-verse take. This is Craig's version of the Bond mythos. For that reason, whether it had been personal or not, I don't for one minute believe they'll continue this very personal narrative, that began with CR and weaves itself through the subsequent films.

As for the specifics of Quantum and Spectre as organisations, I don't get the fuss. Quantum are one facet of Spectre organisation. Think of Spectre as the nefarious version of Kraft.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited November 2015 Posts: 23,883
    RC7 wrote: »
    I've no doubt in my mind that whatever happens post-DC it will be totally disconnected from the current era. For that very reason I've never even entertained the thought that the Waltz ESB will be seen anywhere but a Craig film. Should they reintroduce ESB in a future non-Craig entry it will likely be more in line with the literary incarnation and not the DC-verse take. This is Craig's version of the Bond mythos. For that reason, whether it had been personal or not, I don't for one minute believe they'll continue this very personal narrative, that began with CR and weaves itself through the subsequent films.
    I agree. I see the Craig universe similiar to Nolan's Bat. Self contained, unique, & imagined for that universe only. Stand alone.
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    I wouldn't mind somewhere tropical.
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    I wouldn't mind somewhere tropical.

Jamaica. Jamaica. Jamaica.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    It's about time they came Down Under. They've been to every other continent.
  • royale65royale65 Caustic misanthrope reporting for duty.
    PTS in Ireland. Bond is golfing, when Blofeld's goons chase him.

Typical (not so typical in Craig's era!) London briefing then off to Jamaica. For some watersports. ;-)
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    royale65 wrote: »

Typical (not so typical in Craig's era!) London briefing then off to Jamaica. For some watersports. ;-)

Bond should definitely go back to Jamaica in Bond 25.

Bond should definitely go back to Jamaica in Bond 25.
    I say save it for the new actor. It's a great, easy way to connect him with the series' roots. Worked for Craig.
    Craig didn't go to Jamaica though.
    Craig didn't go to Jamaica though.
    Sorry, I mean Caribbean. Mixed it up with Bahamas.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    He went to the wealthy counterpart-Bahamas.
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 486
    I think Bond is overdue a return to India. And a proper Chinese set story would be good.

Funnily enough I was musing earlier about whether it's time for an Indian Bond girl and who they'd choose.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.

That would be a nice contrast - gloomy and rainy London for the briefing and then off to the tropics. But without Blofeld. :)
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    edited November 2015 Posts: 4,116
    Changing topics a bit ....but I think they should consider releasing Bond in an off season like March maybe when there is less competition.

With so many avenues to see movies from DVD to streaming to whatever and greater competition for tickets not to mention the ever increasing budgets I just think they need to think outside the box.

I think studios may start spreading out release dates. Increase cash flow throughout the year to keep financing coming in.

I dont know, how some people get the idea, they could or would start in a years time filming a new Bond. Referring to the title, which I think is. leading in the wrong direction.
    Are you trying to scare people with that new title?
    I'll definitely be catching him in Othello. I saw Betrayal, thought he was superb in it, and this is likely going to be even better. Can't wait actually.
    Bondjames, the bad news is, that you have to pay 400,00, which allows you to see 6 productions of that theater. Only interesting for New Yorkers, who are interested in all the plays sadly.