No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Work on bond 25 to begin Spring 2016.

http://www.thebondbulletin.com/work-on-bond25-could-begin-spring-2016

Time to update the title of this thread
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    The word "could" springs at you, but if true-excellent.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    edited December 2015 Posts: 4,399
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Title and timeline updated. Thanks for posting that, @Risico007.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Risico007 wrote: »

Don't we hear this every time.....and then it inevitably gets pushed back. Craig will be tied up with Othello into 2017 (daily) after he gets his knee operation, so I don't see how he can really get involved until after then. I hope it's true, but as I said, we hear this every time.
  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    bondjames wrote: »

Don't we hear this every time.....and then it inevitably gets pushed back. Craig will be tied up with Othello into 2017 (daily) after he gets his knee operation, so I don't see how he can really get involved until after then. I hope it's true, but as I said, we hear this every time.

That shouldn't stop DC getting involved though. I'm sure he can make time in his busy schedule for the odd conference call about what direction they want to go in...he is a Producer now after all :P

They might want to stick away from email though this time lol.

Still nice to get some confirmation in my opinion and this is controversial I don't mind the 3 year gap makes the speculation time longer and even though Skyfall and Spectre are just ok I still don't want Craig's tenure to end and since bond 25 is likely his last one I really want to enjoy the rumor and speculation season as much as I can

I also hope and pray we get some great title rumors this time around like the sun claiming it's the property of a lady then IGN saying nope it's Blofeld then another site claiming it's The Nature of evil only for it to really be The Hildebrand Rarity.

But like I said I like the Craig era for the most part and three years of news rumor speculation guessing and of course debating in this thread sound like fun to me... Maybe I am the only one plus I want just 1 more Craig era bond game something fun creative and interesting or really the best parts of each of the Craig era games so far mixed in to have a good game but I will discuss that in a different thread.

But yeah time seems to move faster for me as well I get older (and being on a fast laser environment like IT in a hospital doesn't help matters much lol as I feel time zooms by) so the ability to take a breather and let Spectre sink in and the ability to get three years of rumors news and hype yeah I am happy.

Because while people assume 2016 will be very quiet in 2013 we got director rumors the announcement of the director and release date the news Eon now has rights to Spectre and Blofeld and I think some location rumors (India New York and I think Rome were all rumored in 2013 of course only one of those wound up being true) we also got casting rumors etc so yeah I would suspect next year we will get rumors galore and more then likely the annoy lent of the release date the director confirmation of Craig's return
    as well as confirmation of who else from Spectre my guess Fiennes Wishaw Harris Waltz and Swann though I fear no matter what they do with waltz in bond 25 some won't like it either him escaping him controlling things behind the scenes are both going to get complaints

So bring on the three year wait and let us enjoy each bit of news rumor and speculation in its due time.
  • RC7RC7
    bondjames wrote: »

Yes, we can't read too much into this. The actual development process is an ongoing thing, they will be toying with ideas come spring (there will no doubt be certain cogs in motion already), but in terms of official pre-production... that's another matter.
    is there any truth in the suggestion that Lea and Waltz are signed for two?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Getafix wrote: »
    I hope so.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Unfortunately, as nice as it sounds, it'll all be early, preliminary work, and the earliest we'll get this newest installment is three years from now (sounds awful). As others have pointed out, Craig will be wrapped up in 'Othello' throughout the end of 2016.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    If they'd have gone back to 2 year gaps after SF, Bond 25 would start filming next month.
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    jake24 wrote: »
    I hope so.
    Lea has said she has not been asked to do the next Bond but would love to
    leas_mole wrote: »
    I hope so.
    Lea has said she has not been asked to do the next Bond but would love to

Glad she is up for it.
    Obviously she would have to die!
    edited November 2015 Posts: 10,588
    I don't think we should worry about spoiler tags anymore.

If Léa returns (which I hope), I definitely do not want her to die. Bond would get revenge on Blofeld, and we'd be repeating the exact same story arc in the same era, Spectre being CR and B25 being QoS.
    I don't know, why some are still believing, that these films could be done within two years. Sure, if everybody stops having a life and does nothing but Bond, but taking in, that they are, right now, fed up with Bond its easy to tell, its nothing to do with DC, when the next won't be up before 2018. Maybe if he is NOT on board, its gonna be 19 even.
  • leas_moleleas_mole love is the promise of suffering
    2019 would be too much of a wait. I hope it does not take that long to gather the cast, director, screenplay writers....etc
    Just watch. October 26, 2018 and November 9, 2018 (which coincidentally are the same release dates as Skyfall).
    It is absolutely plausible to get these out every other year. I never said it'd be the easiest route, but it's most certainly plausible, and any arguments stating we would get an inferior product if that were the case are unfounded. Tacking on one extra year to the production or delaying it a year could possibly help, but it's never any sort of guarantee.
    No, but they just don't FEEL like stressing themselves for every other year. I doubt, that will EVER be the case again.
  • DaltonCraig007DaltonCraig007 They say, "Evil prevails when good men fail to act." What they ought to say is, "Evil prevails."
    It is very much certain that the 2nd film of Bond #7 will be made on a 2 year gap, as EON always follows up a debut film as quickly as possible with a 2nd to firmly establish a new Bond actor.
    It is very much certain that the 2nd film of Bond #7 will be made on a 2 year gap, as EON always follows up a debut film as quickly as possible with a 2nd to firmly establish a new Bond actor.

This. Never say never. I don't blame them for not wanting to be on a two year schedule, as it is rather stressful, I'm sure, but if they could get everything in order and know exactly what they're planning on doing - who the director will be, getting the script locked down and finalized much earlier on - then it's definitely a bigger possibility. Still gives Craig a lot of downtime, too, before continuing shooting on the next one.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited November 2015 Posts: 3,157
    I hope so.
    I hope not.
    I want SPECTRE to be Craig's last and start with a new actor and a fresh in the next one. No Blofeld, no Madeleine. And I want it to be a much lighter era, like Moore and Brosnan's.
    Walecs wrote: »
    I hope so.
    I hope not.
    I want SPECTRE to be Craig's last and start with a new actor and a fresh in the next one. No Blofeld, no Madeleine. And I want it to be a much lighter era, like Moore and Brosnan's.
    You don't wait until the actor's last to finally obtain the rights to SPECTRE and Blofeld, reintroduce them in one film, have Blofeld survive at the end, only to scrap all of it in the next film. I hear what you're saying, but it won't happen.
    @jake24 is correct.
    After waiting so long to re-obtain the rights, they aren't going to do some non-SPECTRE, non-Blofeld film for 'Bond 25.'
  • edited November 2015 Posts: 2,015
    HASEROT wrote: »
    in that regard, i completely agree with you @jake24, the solar furnace scene in the October draft was brilliant (especially with the smart blood part of it).. i was really disappointed that it didn't make the final cut - though i didn't mind what we ended up getting...

To me it was a major plothole in the script.

In the leaked script it was something like : Thanks to the nanoblood, Blofeld has a way to monitor Bond's pain from anywhere in the world with a pad, he illustrates it by showing the heart rate of Bond going up during a little torture to him, or something like that.
    And then he puts Bond in the furnace and leaves Bond to die while he goes to London to steal a USB key (I'm only mildly exagerating ! :) ).
    And he doesn't take the pad with him.

It would be obvious Blofeld should have taken the pad with him to see Bond's condition going worse and worse until his death by a 0 heart pump on the pad. You don't stop monitoring the vital functions of someone just when you expect him to die !

But no, Blofeld doesn't take the pad with him, and so Bond can escape without Blofeld being aware of it.

IMO, even by 60s Bond standard, this is too much a plothole. We would have been in SF-sized plothole territories there. Now we're left with the "lobotomy that is done to completion but that has zero effect" silliness, it's still minor plothole stuff, but not as bad as Blofeld being a total idiot in the script.

• FlemingFleming Cantabria
    I think Daniel is cautious. He is waiting to see who gets Bond and if they have it (surely he didn´t want to be a constraint that hinder negotiations and want to see from outside).
    Personally, I think that he will not again be Bond, but if he comes back, I will be happy.
    As the director ... I'm not worried (unless re Foster). With regard to the writers, I think the end came for Purvis and Wade. I so desire. Lately, I see you are lacking ideas. The script needs fresh air.

I think if Craig reprises her role, Lèa and Christoph return. I believe it to 90%. And the fact we wait 3 years for the next film ... I think not. The new company will want to make a film as soon as possible (and even they can let time pass to Craig).
    I would be so happy with a 26 october 2017 release!
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Creasy47 wrote: »
    @jake24 is correct.
    After waiting so long to re-obtain the rights, they aren't going to do some non-SPECTRE, non-Blofeld film for 'Bond 25.'

Yeah, I know. I was just stating my wish.
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    Another film with Blofeld or SPECTRE is the last thing I want. I almost have no desire to watch such film. As I expect them to go that way, I will go see it, of course, but my enthusiasm for it will be very low.