No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

AgentM72 wrote: »
    I'm so excited. Even with the murkiness around what to expect next.

I've found myself watching the Daniel Craig-era trailers again recently. Remembering the times and places I saw them each for the first time, and the feelings of anticipation and excitement that came with them all.

And I'm also realizing we've been doing this, with Dan, for nearly fifteen years. We're so lucky that we're getting another one from him. I'm incredibly grateful for the fact that we get to do this one more time.

@AgentM72 you’re such an eloquent poster, reading your comments is always a pleasure and I’m happy you’re a part of the community. @Torgeirtrap as well; breaths of fresh air!

Thank you for your kind post, @NickTwentyTwo!
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    edited March 2019 Posts: 2,496
    Er dette James Bond-innspilling?
    https://dagbladet.no/video/er-dette-james-bond-innspilling/mxIEAt4C

Does anyone recognise the crew members, or are they from True North?
    A few stills from the linked video.

P5JMIUE.jpg

iq6WMyl.jpg

vnlrStX.jpg
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    aniYH5b_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

As some know, I was a little disheartened when fans started spamming the crew after they leaked Instagram stories as it only scares them off.

Nonetheless, people can rest assured that the above Instagram story is confirmation that Cary Fukunaga has left Norway. I guess filming there has finished.....now on to Pinewood? I guess.

As some know, I was a little disheartened when fans started spamming the crew after they leaked Instagram stories as it only scares them off.

Nonetheless, people can rest assured that the above Instagram story is confirmation that Cary Fukunaga has left Norway. I guess filming there has finished.....now on to Pinewood? I guess.

Um that's not Norway's flag that's Denmark I know my flags it looks like the one hiding in the way lower left hand corner is though

Correct.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Hopefully in a week, we'll hear of the film's announcement. A lot of us are beginning to run out of patience.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    edited March 2019 Posts: 4,554
    Gareth007 wrote: »
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Some pics of the set taken by local skiiers:

51956182_331429497579247_1720305932733949233_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fsyd3-1.fna.fbcdn.net

52952783_296673607693408_1566267348245307822_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fsyd3-1.fna.fbcdn.net

53006271_313754142618828_3960420390473101306_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fsyd3-1.fna.fbcdn.net

53020508_125501118565669_2806065434405512956_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fsyd3-1.fna.fbcdn.net

53267149_2208730209183433_7047342976241755921_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fsyd3-1.fna.fbcdn.net

(via
    )

Nice pics but nothing of real interest. Just more showy shots with nothing to really indicate whats going on. excited though

Actually...
    The third shot, the one with the little puddle in the snow, appears to reveal rails for a camera dolly. This would suggest there will be a tracking shot here, presumably of vehicles traveling across that ice. The wrecked tractor will likely also play a key role. Then again,
    I can't tell if it is for the crew or for the scene. Because it is lying on its side, I am guessing the scene.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    007Blofeld wrote: »

Um that's not Norway's flag that's Denmark I know my flags it looks like the one hiding in the way lower left hand corner is though

Correct.

Indeed. The Norwegian flag is down in the corner.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    This would be a good week for Baz to drop something big. IF principal production is due to start next week, and filming has already begun in Norway, tomorrow presents as an excellent opportunity. If not this week, then hopefully next. If we don't hear anything significant by the 2nd week of April, then something is definitely off.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    TripAces wrote: »

51956182_331429497579247_1720305932733949233_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fsyd3-1.fna.fbcdn.net

52952783_296673607693408_1566267348245307822_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fsyd3-1.fna.fbcdn.net

53006271_313754142618828_3960420390473101306_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fsyd3-1.fna.fbcdn.net

53020508_125501118565669_2806065434405512956_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fsyd3-1.fna.fbcdn.net

53267149_2208730209183433_7047342976241755921_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fsyd3-1.fna.fbcdn.net

(via
    )

Nice pics but nothing of real interest. Just more showy shots with nothing to really indicate whats going on. excited though

Actually...
    The third shot, the one with the little puddle in the snow, appears to reveal rails for a camera dolly. This would suggest there will be a tracking shot here, presumably of vehicles traveling across that ice. The wrecked tractor will likely also play a key role. Then again,
    I can't tell if it is for the crew or for the scene. Because it is lying on its side, I am guessing the scene.

In relation to this, I have found a company who is providing generators for the filming. They have released a couple photos likely behind the scenes of filming. They do not tag Bond25 in any of their photos.
    https://instagram.com/greenvoltageuk?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=lgrr7fesixp0
    This company reports to be a more environmentally friendly energy provider. Seems to fit with what we heard about an the Aston Martin RapidE. Could be they are trying to make this filming process as green as possible.
    Bentley007 wrote: »

(via
    )

Actually...

In relation to this, I have found a company who is providing generators for the filming. They have released a couple photos likely behind the scenes of filming. They do not tag Bond25 in any of their photos.
    https://instagram.com/greenvoltageuk?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=lgrr7fesixp0
    This company reports to be a more environmentally friendly energy provider. Seems to fit with what we heard about an the Aston Martin RapidE. Could be they are trying to make this filming process as green as possible.

Great find!
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 17,302
    Bentley007 wrote: »

(via
    )

Actually...

Great detective work!
    Re. environmentally friendly: the qualification test for the Norwegian Film Institute's intensive scheme mentions this. If the production has a strategy for sustainable and green recording, that's a criteria adding to the total score to qualify for a grant.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    Wow, this is a great picture. Finally something actually "on-set"!
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    This would be a good week for Baz to drop something big. IF principal production is due to start next week, and filming has already begun in Norway, tomorrow presents as an excellent opportunity. If not this week, then hopefully next. If we don't hear anything significant by the 2nd week of April, then something is definitely off.
    Not true at all. They could just be ironing out the cast and working out getting them all in the same room before revealing everything to the press.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 4,619
    If we don't hear anything significant by the 2nd week of April, then something is definitely off.
    You are 100% correct. Of course if we don’t hear anything significant (new major rumour, a press conference, any official announcement, confirmation that filming really has begun) by the 2nd week of April, most people here will still say that everything is alright.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    If we don't hear anything significant by the 2nd week of April, then something is definitely off.
    You are 100% correct. Of course if we don’t hear anything significant (new major rumour, a press conference, any official announcement, confirmation that filming really has begun) by the 2nd week of April, most people here will still say that everything is alright.

You're tiresome and childish, sorry my friend.

Why on earth would anything be off if the press conference doesn't happen in the next couple of weeks or so? Eon and Universal will want the press conference to present the leading cast, as has been the case in the past. One major member of the cast (perhaps a recent Oscar winner) may still be busy on another project for a few more weeks. If this is the case, they will want that acclaimed actor in the line up to generate as much press coverage as possible, plus the all important photo calls and quotes. We'll soon know.
  • JamesCraigJamesCraig Ancient Rome
    ColonelSun wrote: »

Why on earth would anything be off if the press conference doesn't happen in the next couple of weeks or so? Eon and Universal will want the press conference to present the leading cast, as has been the case in the past. One major member of the cast (perhaps a recent Oscar winner) may still be busy on another project for a few more weeks. If this is the case, they will want that acclaimed actor in the line up to generate as much press coverage as possible, plus the all important photo calls and quotes. We'll soon know.

It's best that we stay focused on the start of filming.

He'll never let go.
    My apologies. I should rephrase what I said. I don't necessarily mean something is off if we don't get a press conference right away, but perhaps something is off if we don't hear any new stories/developments by the beginning of April. I guess we'll see.

You are either twisting my words on purpose or need to read my comment again. I have very clearly stated things will be off if by the second week of April there won’t be a press conference AND there won’t be any new rumours AND we won’t get confirmation that filming has started AND there won’t be any new official announcement.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 4,619
    My apologies. I should rephrase what I said. I don't necessarily mean something is off if we don't get a press conference right away, but perhaps something is off if we don't hear any new stories/developments by the beginning of April. I guess we'll see.
    No need to rephrase and no need to apologize. What you said was completely clear.
    One major member of the cast (perhaps a recent Oscar winner) may still be busy on another project for a few more weeks.
    They began shooting season 4 exactly a month ago, so we are looking at more than a few weeks.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Zekidk wrote: »
    One major member of the cast (perhaps a recent Oscar winner) may still be busy on another project for a few more weeks.
    They began shooting season 4 exactly a month ago, so we are looking at more than a few weeks.
    That means Malek won't be on the set for at least three-to-four months.
    Zekidk wrote: »
    That means Malek won't be on the set for at least three-to-four months.
    No. 12 episodes, that each take 6 days/a week to shoot, means they will wrap up around late May.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    edited March 2019 Posts: 1,756
    So if there's a press conference on April 1st, we will know by Friday. If it's on April 4th, we'll know next Tuesday.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.

Yeah it's all a matter of time
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 12,506
    Denbigh wrote: »
    The stuntman who posted some of the other photos we’ve seen at Pinewood has just posted this. I wonder if this is in Norway:

He’s definitely there, no doubt about it. The orange/yellow wooden background gives away that he’s in from of the house build on location.

Definitely there as you can also see the snow top left as well.
    So if there's a press conference on April 1st, we will know by Friday. If it's on April 4th, we'll know next Tuesday.

I can't see it happening on April fools day to be honest.

Now that's a proper set photo!!!
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 3,126
    Having it on April fools day would be a joke Haha pun intended lol =))
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Denbigh wrote: »
    The stuntman who posted some of the other photos we’ve seen at Pinewood has just posted this. I wonder if this is in Norway:

He’s definitely there, no doubt about it. The orange/yellow wooden background gives away that he’s in from of the house build on location.

Definitely there as you can also see the snow top left as well.

I can't see it happening on April fools day to be honest.

Now that's a proper set photo!!!

Now thats more like it :)

You are either twisting my words on purpose or need to read my comment again. I have very clearly stated things will be off if by the second week of April there won’t be a press conference AND there won’t be any new rumours AND we won’t get confirmation that filming has started AND there won’t be any new official announcement.

I was referring to DonnyDB5's quote, as is copied, and also how you responded to that quote (your words and not twisted in the slightest by me or anyone else). And then I simply offered a possible explanation, I believe a sound and logical explanation, as to why the press conference might (might) take place a little later than April and the start of PP. What's wrong with that?

If it helps, I have a very good and long standing friend out in Norway right now, and he texted me to say the production is running very smoothly and up to Eon's usual high production standards. My friend and associate has worked on every Bond since TND. So I hope that reassures you and others that everything is running well. Have a nice evening.
  • Great news to hear @ColonelSun ! Thanks for that.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    edited March 2019 Posts: 8,041

I was referring to DonnyDB5's quote, as is copied, and also how you responded to that quote (your words and not twisted in the slightest by me or anyone else). And then I simply offered a possible explanation, I believe a sound and logical explanation, as to why the press conference might (might) take place a little later than April and the start of PP. What's wrong with that?

If it helps, I have a very good and long standing friend out in Norway right now, and he texted me to say the production is running very smoothly and up to Eon's usual high production standards. My friend and associate has worked on every Bond since TND. So I hope that reassures you and others that everything is running well. Have a nice evening.

Excellent news from a valuable member! Thank you @ColonelSun :)