No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• edited January 2019 Posts: 832
    I liked rouge nation. Fallout was comperable to spectre imo (so yea my views are well off from the consensus on that one), and I think we know my views of that film.
    Now the year of Tom Hardy’s first bond film Wavelink

Trust me I know ;)
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Now the year of Tom Hardy’s first bond film Wavelink

Trust me I know ;)

That's the year I'll stop being a Bond fan then. Damn it.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    DoctorNo wrote: »
    The point people are making is MI is firing on all cylinders while Bond is fumbling about under EON. I do want Bond to compete, not by copying MI films, but by knowing their brand and executing great movies... then and only then, will there be no comparison.

Exactly!
    I like that Bond is a family business and an outsider to the studio mafia to some point. I like it that it's different from Marvel and it's not present at comicon or whatever. I have no interest on seeing it compete with other franchises. I have no interest on the imitation game. As far as I'm concerned, being worried with others has produced the worst films in the franchise.
  • OMG, this thread needs some decent rumers. I'm so sick of reading about the M:I franchise.
    The MI franchise will die once Cruise retires. The Bond series is forever.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited January 2019 Posts: 23,883
    Escalus5 wrote: »
    The MI franchise will die once Cruise retires. The Bond series is forever.
    I can think of many ways in which it can be reimagined post-Cruise, including as a more team based effort, even on a streaming service (if not in films), but certainly Bond cleans MI as a franchise. It's far more than one man, as was established once Connery left the role. MI has yet to prove that. It could end up outliving Cruise, or like Bourne (which fumbled the initial transition) it may not.

As I write this I just realized that Bourne has gone through a bit of early Bondian transition pain, like Bond did. They went to Renner and it didn't work. So they went back to Damon and it worked, but less successfully than before (DAF?). Now is there a new way forward post-Damon? Do they have their Roger Moore? We shall see. There are ways to bring Bourne in from the cold, which was alluded to at the end of the prior film, and that could form the basis for a new, non-shaky cam and contemporary iteration of the CIA based character.

Cubby Broccoli and Harry Saltzman deserve immense amounts of credit for successfully transitioning Bond in the 60s and into the 70s. It's something I don't think they get enough credit for. It's what has created this enduring series.
    MI Franchise has its own thread as much as I enjoy them.
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 6,677
    Yes, please lets get back to Bond, guys.

Although, back to what, exactly? :)
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    Just waiting for news here.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Last we heard some news/potential development was Rami Malek's casting speculation when he gave rather coy replies when asked if he's going to be the villain in B25.
    Last we heard some news/potential development was Rami Malek's casting speculation when he gave rather coy replies when asked if he's going to be the villain in B25.

Yes, and meanwhile I've watched Mr. Robot's 3 seasons and Bohemian Rhapsody. Totally in favour of him being the main villain now.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Univex wrote: »

Yes, and meanwhile I've watched Mr. Robot's 3 seasons and Bohemian Rhapsody. Totally in favour of him being the main villain now.

He's so talented and versatile. It would be very interesting to see him in a Bond movie. Let's hope EoN will find a way to make it work because Mr. Robot production is planned more or less in the same time period of Bond 25.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    matt_u wrote: »

He's so talented and versatile. It would be very interesting to see him in a Bond movie. Let's hope EoN will find a way to make it work because Mr. Robot production is planned more or less in the same time period of Bond 25.

I agree. He also has such an interesting look that they could do a lot with him. For me, he better suits what Skyfall achieved with Javier Bardem. If the rumours are, which I think they might be, I cannot wait. I just hope the other Bond girl choices are as inspired as this one.
    edited January 2019 Posts: 23,883
    I've observed over the years that these rumours tend to have some validity, even if they all don't come to fruition. So perhaps there's something to it? His reactions to being questioned certainly suggest there is.
    I believe it’s appropriate to now ask everyone the question: What would your reaction be if Bond 25 were delayed to summer 2020 or later?

I believe it’s appropriate to now ask everyone the question: What would your reaction be if Bond 25 were delayed to summer 2020 or later?
    I'd be perfectly fine with it. As long as it's out in 2020 I don't mind when.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead

Inconsolable rage.
    If it gets delayed again it will be a sign of production hell. At that point craig would hopefully walk.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

No big deal.
  • matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    Denbigh wrote: »
    matt_u wrote: »

I just hope the other Bond girl choices are as inspired as this one.

What did the rumors said about the Bond girls? We know Madeleine is 100% back, then I remember some hints about a female MI6 agent and a mysterious (villainous?) Bond girl.
    bondjames wrote: »
    I'd be perfectly fine with it. As long as it's out in 2020 I don't mind when.

Me too. I just want a great movie.
    Given that my expectations for 25 are rather modest? Just a shrug and shake of the head.
  • edited January 2019 Posts: 4,619
    Jany Temine will be the costume designer of Black Widow: https://www.instagram.com/p/BsqPQl-hgq9/

Does this mean she won't be the costume designer of Bond 25 after all?
    Jany Temine will be the costume designer of Black Widow: https://www.instagram.com/p/BsqPQl-hgq9/

Maybe Christopher Nolan will be the costume designer hahahahahaha
  • AgentJamesBond007AgentJamesBond007 Vesper’s grave

She stated in May 2018 that she wasn't returning to Bond 25. This isn't a new development.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited January 2019 Posts: 2,541

Even if it's a rumour I am happy with it. It's time for someone else.

She stated in May 2018 that she wasn't returning to Bond 25. This isn't a new development.
    Ok, but that was long before the delay and the firing of Boyle. It seemed there was a chance she might return after all.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    If it gets delayed again it will be a sign of production hell. At that point craig would hopefully walk.

Craig is not sucking back protein bars and spending hours in the gym to walk away from B25, for anything @Tuck91.

You can take one more film, can't you?

If not, just don't support the film. Sit on your hands and wait it out. I think you may be happier that way.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    edited January 2019 Posts: 5,869
    How about Joanna Johnston for the costume designer for Bond 25? She's done films like The Man from UNCLE, Allied, The Boat That Rocked. Even Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade :D