No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

Jeff Bezos as Blofeld.
    No one as Blofeld.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 4,619
    Bentley007 wrote: »
    Too young to play a Bond girl next to 50-year old Craig. (Although she is only 2 years younger than Seydoux.) Could she be playing the rumoured young female agent?
    Bentley007 wrote: »
    Too young to play a Bond girl next to 50-year old Craig. Could she be playing the rumoured young female agent?

That's what I was thinking too. There is apparently a role that would fit her age and gender.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    She was pretty good in that MI:5 (Spooks) film from a few years ago. I can definitely see her as an agent. She'd be a decent addition to a Bond film imho.
    Since we are talking about Naomi Harris again, people can hate the Scooby Gang™ all they want, but the current M-Moneypenny-Q trio is easily the best the series has ever had.

Bernard Lee, Desmond and Maxwell were the perfect actors in their respective roles. Combined with Connery and frankly Rog as well, they will never be bettered.

Of the current crop I think Whishaw as Q is probably the best. The other 2 I can take or leave. Fiennes is obv a great actor but does nothing for me as M. And Harris has also demonstrated elsewhere she has the chops but seems miss cast/ just a bit dull as Moneypenny.

Blatantly it should have been Keeley Hawes as Moneypenny a decade ago - she would have killed it.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited December 2018 Posts: 10,588
    bondjames wrote: »
    She was pretty good in that MI:5 (Spooks) film from a few years ago. I can definitely see her as an agent. She'd be a decent addition to a Bond film imho.
    Agreed. She impressed me in Black Mirror as well. She also had a brief role in Boyle's Trance.

Who is David Fernandez? What's his track record?
    I've only seen T Middleton in War and Peace and she was brilliant. If she can channel that same animal magnetism to the big screen she'd be great.
    T Middleton: Awesome. Very good news,

Possibility of a young female agent who need Bond to mentor her: Eeeewwwwwww...
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    I would take this with a grain of salt.
    jake24 wrote: »
    I would take this with a grain of salt.
    Two grains, please.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    After a googling her, I'm hoping this is true. Gorgeous woman. Reminds me of Vera Farmiga for some reason.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    The young female agent may be the "sacrificial lamb" rather than the obvious, Madeleine.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    edited December 2018 Posts: 8,505
    talos7 wrote: »
    The young female agent may be the "sacrificial lamb" rather than the obvious, Madeleine.

Agreed. If all this is true, and she has a “small” part, we may see her while an almost retired James Bond mentors her.

James is almost out of the service. He hasn’t been active in the field lately, but is similar to SC Bond in NSNA and is instead mentoring new double 0s.

He’s got Madeleine waiting for him in the evening...

But when his new recruit is murdered on assignment he demands M put him back on active service. M agrees, and this murder investigation leads to a larger, more nefarious plot.

(Or something not at all like that).
    Guess time will tell us soon enough? Good to have the rumour mill firing up though either way!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Remington wrote: »
    After a googling her, I'm hoping this is true. Gorgeous woman. Reminds me of Vera Farmiga for some reason.

I find she has an inconsistent look. There are times where she looks great and others where she looks a bit unfortunate.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    Hmm.

Currently there is a single site mentioning this rumour, but it was posted today so we can't possibly know the exact origin. Problem is worse because the site, 'Mediamass', is some strange/ironic disinformation platform similar to 'The Onion'.

Meaning I won't post the link below. Especially after double checking the supposed reaction tweets on the site and they are bizarrely fabricated from old tweets from non-existent accounts with changed details ("Priyanka" was replaced with "Tuppence").

So if this site started the news, which then made this other user post his 'insider' comment, then it's a complete lie.

Or, if the site stole from this user, then it's probably not true otherwise they wouldn't pick it up as a story.

Hmm.

Currently there is a single site mentioning this rumour, but it was posted today so we can't possibly know the exact origin. Problem is worse because the site, 'Mediamass', is some strange/ironic disinformation platform similar to 'The Onion'.

Meaning I won't post the link below. Especially after double checking the supposed reaction tweets on the site and they are bizarrely fabricated from old tweets from non-existent accounts with changed details ("Priyanka" was replaced with "Tuppence").

So if this site started the news, which then made this other user post his 'insider' comment, then it's a complete lie.

Or, if the site stole from this user, then it's probably not true otherwise they wouldn't pick it up as a story.
    I don't think the tweeter got this rumour from Mediamass. Also:
    https://en.mediamass.net/blog/mediamass-project
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    doubleoego wrote: »
    Remington wrote: »

I find she has an inconsistent look. There are times where she looks great and others where she looks a bit unfortunate.

True. I think that can be applied to Lea Seydoux as well.
    peter wrote: »

Agreed. If all this is true, and she has a “small” part, we may see her while an almost retired James Bond mentors her.

James is almost out of the service. He hasn’t been active in the field lately, but is similar to SC Bond in NSNA and is instead mentoring new double 0s.

But when his new recruit is murdered on assignment he demands M put him back on active service. M agrees, and this murder investigation leads to a larger, more nefarious plot.

So it's Mission Impossible 3, then? ;)
  • peterpeter Toronto
    edited December 2018 Posts: 8,505
    Univex wrote: »

If they can borrow from us, we can borrow from them. And then put our own slant on it, lol.
    Univex wrote: »

This did come to mind, but as I’ve said, at this point, there is virtually nothing that can be done in a film today that can’t be compared to something done in the past.
    If handled properly, virtually no one in the audience is going to be saying, ‘ hey, wasn’t this already done with Tom Cruise and Keri Russell’?

But why on earth should one do that? With so many other stories to tell?
    Of course this is just speculative brainstorming.
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 4,400
    Very interesting development. Something makes me suspect that this is true and that Middleton is the new MI6 agent - who was rumoured to be Bond’s protege and not to have a romantic relationship with him.

Middleton would seemingly suit that part. Though she isn’t exactly a name actress to get excited about. I recall her being very good in the ‘White Bear’ episode of ‘Black Mirror’.

tuppence-middleton-at-empire-film-awards-in-london-03-18-2018-12.jpg

Though, there is something about Middleton’s Casting that feels more like a hangover from the Danny Boyle days. In fact, she was in his film ‘Trance’.

latest?cb=20150613062658

There’s even a video from the premiere of her talking about her admiration for Boyle:

Very interesting development. Something makes me suspect that this is true and that Middleton is the new MI6 agent - who was rumoured to be Bond’s protege and not to have a romantic relationship with him.

Middleton would seemingly suit that part. Though she isn’t exactly a name actress to get excited about. I recall her being very good in the ‘White Bear’ episode of ‘Black Mirror’.

tuppence-middleton-at-empire-film-awards-in-london-03-18-2018-12.jpg

Though, there is something about Middleton’s Casting that feels more like a hangover from the Danny Boyle days. In fact, she was in his film ‘Trance’.

latest?cb=20150613062658

I am skeptical as well of the unnamed source but it fits with what we have to come to expect of casting females in the Criag films. I also feel this could be true.
  • peterpeter Toronto

And yes, I wrote in half jest. However, we do know Madeleine's back in some capacity, and this mentorship rumour has been around for quite some time (I think it's part of Boyle era, isn't it?). And if this latest rumour's true, Middleton's got a varied filmography, but they're only going to give her a small part? Speculating, I assume she's a goner and someone who would impact Bond's life.

Not stealing from MI:3, but thinking along the lines of a more serious NSNA: DC Bond has been mentoring new recruits.

Something will have to pull him back in the field, and I assume the murder of his favourite student would do just that.

As far as the murder investigation leading to a more nefarious plot, I originally wrote that thinking about Bond investigating Strangways disappearance leading to Dr No.

And yes, I wrote in half jest. However, we do know Madeleine's back in some capacity, and this mentorship rumour has been around for quite some time (I think it's part of Boyle era, isn't it?). And if this latest rumour's true, Middleton's got a varied filmography, but they're only going to give her a small part? Speculating, I assume she's a goner and someone who would impact Bond's life.

Not stealing from MI:3, but thinking along the lines of a more serious NSNA: DC Bond has been mentoring new recruits.

Something will have to pull him back in the field, and I assume the murder of his favourite student would do just that.

As far as the murder investigation leading to a more nefarious plot, I originally wrote that thinking about Bond investigating Strangways disappearance leading to Dr No.

I would be interested in this. We haven't seen Bond the detective in a while. Could be fun!!
  • Mmmm.... I hope the female agent isn't a protege tbh. But we'll see what they do.

I'm very interested in seeing Bond with other 00 agents. I feel like this has always been superficially explored in previous films.