No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    edited December 2018 Posts: 7,983
    Or is he saying that it “weird “ that he can’t officially confirm it, although he is.
    I don’t think he means that the context of Q’s return is weird.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited December 2018 Posts: 4,449
    Mabey in disguise, pyjama ?

Spectre-Q-and-A.jpg
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited December 2018 Posts: 23,883
    So he's confirmed his return then? Yes, it is strange that the cast are being kept in the dark about their involvement or the level of their involvement. Perhaps it's to protect any script leaks this time around.
    --
    M_Balje wrote: »
    Mabey in disguise, pyjamy ?

Spectre-Q-and-A.jpg
    From the photo above one can see that Seydoux can add value to the film, looks wise. As long as she has little to say this time. Her age gap with the other two is also rather apparent.

I notice Craig is wearing classic Bond turnback or cocktail cuffs in the photo. Pity he's never done that on film.
    --
    Birdleson wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »
    It's not an age thing. it's a body type thing. This slim look works on a taller man in my view and makes them look more elegant. On a shorter, more bulky man (in comparison to height) it looks rather ridiculous.

Anyway, Bond should be finely tailored with a hint of contemporary fashion. If Craig wants his legacy not to be dated in time, he should keep that in mind for B25.

I don't remember where I read it, but multiple versions are made for each suit he wears. Some have slits and space for movement on some areas, and some are cut to showcase other movements; all to fit the action required for the specific shot. Like stuntmen, models, etc.. , much of it is an illusion.
    Yes, I remember reading that too. It makes sense, because there's no way he could properly maneuver in those suits without tearing something (he actually accidentally split his pants in the desert while walking, according to Seydoux).
  • SuperintendentSuperintendent A separate pool. For sharks, no less.
    I notice Craig is wearing classic Bond turnback or cocktail cuffs in the photo. Pity he's never done that on film.

He wore them in Spectre.
    spectre5-cl4-shrt2cuff.jpg
    spectre10-cx1-holster1.jpg
    Spectre-Tom-Ford-Suit.jpg

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?

He wore them in Spectre.
    spectre5-cl4-shrt2cuff.jpg
    spectre10-cx1-holster1.jpg
    Spectre-Tom-Ford-Suit.jpg
    I never noticed that before! Thanks for pointing it out.
    I'm glad Q is coming back. I know there are those on these forums that don't like the so-called "Scooby gang" but I think it's fun and I really like all the actors they have for Q, M, Moneypenny, and even Tanner. It would be great for them to have at least one more movie together. For the four of them, or least the main three, to continue after Craig would be even better. It would solidify this era as more similar to the old days when Bernard Lee and Desmond were able to stay on film after film, no matter who was Bond.
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I'm not expecting much more in the way of news for the rest of December; at least not with Christmas and New Years right around the corner. Either way, I'm happy with the little info. we've learned this month, and I'm willing to bet January will be much more eventful.

Bond's new Aston Martin?

If this turns out to be true? I am happy with that! Beautiful motor!!!
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    It was just a random Instagram post folks. I just asked the followers if they would like to see Bond driving the DB11 in Bond 25. No big deal.
  • RichardTheBruceRichardTheBruce I'm motivated by my Duty.
    The_Reaper wrote: »
    I'm glad Q is coming back. I know there are those on these forums that don't like the so-called "Scooby gang" but I think it's fun and I really like all the actors they have for Q, M, Moneypenny, and even Tanner. It would be great for them to have at least one more movie together. For the four of them, or least the main three, to continue after Craig would be even better. It would solidify this era as more similar to the old days when Bernard Lee and Desmond were able to stay on film after film, no matter who was Bond.
    Definitely agree, @The_Reaper.
    Not brilliant to drive by all accounts.
  • Which pretty much cancels the Shatterhand rumours out
    What Shatterhand rumors??? There wasn't a single Shatterhand rumour! A few Bond fans obsessed with Blofeld and the stupid word Shatterhand does not make it a rumour!

Daily Mail story referenced Shatterhand
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6096309/Whos-REAL-James-Bond-villain-Barbara-Broccoli-007-Daniel-Craig-director-Danny-Boyle.html
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    At this point the 'Bond car just isn't all that important. The Aston he drive in SP was custom made for the film and hyped up to high heaven only to be one of the lamest showcases of a supposed car chase in film history.

Put Bond in any car and have him involved in a visceral and dynamic chase that brings on the entertainment and the thrills and It's a job well done. QoS' pts is one of the best in all 24 Bond films and a legit thrilling car chase in its own right marred only by the quick cut editing.
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 17,301
    citroen-2cv-bond.png?width=616&height=402&quality=60&anchor=topleft&h=f9ec8becfe2fc34559b8068e5c78ff4c287b08ed

Bring back the Citroën I say!

Haha, no. Have to agree with @doubleoego about the SP Aston. It didn't serve much of a purpose in that lame car chase – and IMO that car was a bit ugly. I prefer the more "conservative" looking Astons, like the DBS. Nothing to flashy, just a damn good looking car.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    doubleoego wrote: »
    At this point the 'Bond car just isn't all that important. The Aston he drive in SP was custom made for the film and hyped up to high heaven only to be one of the lamest showcases of a supposed car chase in film history.

Put Bond in any car and have him involved in a visceral and dynamic chase that brings on the entertainment and the thrills and It's a job well done. QoS' pts is one of the best in all 24 Bond films and a legit thrilling car chase in its own right marred only by the quick cut editing.
    As always, sir, you nailed it right on the head.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    ggl007 wrote: »

Why do articles keep mentioning the old October 25, 2019 release date? They can’t seem to get it right.
    I still feel that the word "weird" is being misinterpreted; as I read it he finds it "weird" and "secretive" that he cant official confirm it, not that the character is presented in a weird way

I’m told so, but it is so secretive and weird that I can’t tell you.”
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    talos7 wrote: »
    I still feel that the word "weird" is being misinterpreted; as I read it he finds it "weird" and "secretive" that he cant official confirm it, not that the character is presented in a weird way

I’m told so, but it is so secretive and weird that I can’t tell you.”
    Precisely.
    Which pretty much cancels the Shatterhand rumours out
    What Shatterhand rumors??? There wasn't a single Shatterhand rumour! A few Bond fans obsessed with Blofeld and the stupid word Shatterhand does not make it a rumour!

Waltz is coming back and bond 25 is Shatterhand
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Which pretty much cancels the Shatterhand rumours out

Waltz is coming back and bond 25 is Shatterhand

Yes, let's hope so. It's about the only way they can save the current situation.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    00Agent wrote: »

Good. Wouldn't expect nothing else.

Which can be translated, ‘ relax, I’ll be in the gym and will be ready to roll in March’

• edited December 2018 Posts: 6,677
    Exactly. Guy will look like the fittest 50 year old ever ;)

If the 25th succeeds immensely, I see no reason why Craig won't do the 26th, even if he's 55 years old then. Pierce is 65 now and many are saying he still could do Bond. Heck, even 72 year old Dalton could pull it off, IMO.

It's not like Craig looks like this at 50:
    sean-connery-600x450-1.jpg

Cmon, people. He looks a million times better than the King at 50.
    :D
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited December 2018 Posts: 8,113
    I think he has to celebrate Christmas and New year with his family first! ;)

Hopefully not too many mince pies and champagne. :)

I'll have those for him if he wants ;) Wife's cooking one as we speak. Champagne's on me.
    I think he has to celebrate Christmas and New year with his family first! ;)

daniel-craig-james_3127949b.jpg
    Hopefully not! :))
    The biggest non-news in the history of this site.