No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• I'm intrigued by what Fukunaga has in store for Madeline....we know that he is casting for two other female characters AND a male villain (who is presumably the lead villain).

Does this mean that Madeleine is a secondary character at best (much like Monica Bellucci in SP?). I presume that Lea may just cameo in the film. Maybe a break-up scene or a death scene.

I also found this great photo on Twitter of Lea that i haven't seen before:

Dt0RbQ7WoAAoron.jpg

However, Justin Kroll at Variety did mention that Bond teams up with an MI6 agent. Do we think this is the protege character that was teased? I saw one blog suggest Hannah John-Kamen and I'm really into that idea.

16-26.jpg

• ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    edited December 2018 Posts: 2,541
    I'm intrigued by what Fukunaga has in store for Madeline....we know that he is casting for two other female characters AND a male villain (who is presumably the lead villain).

Does this mean that Madeleine is a secondary character at best (much like Monica Bellucci in SP?). I presume that Lea may just cameo in the film. Maybe a break-up scene or a death scene.

Dt0RbQ7WoAAoron.jpg

However, Justin Kroll at Variety did mention that Bond teams up with an MI6 agent. Do we think this is the protege character that was teased? I saw one blog suggest Hannah John-Kamen and I'm really into that idea.

16-26.jpg

Lovely picture of Lea never seen that before. Also they were also looking for 3 actresses at the time of SP. This time it's Lea/ female hench women/ female 00 agent/ I suspect. Monica bellucci is also welcome for lifetime, she has my blessings.
  • edited December 2018 Posts: 17,335
    TripAces wrote: »
    Have to give it to Fukunaga – he knows how to give the right answers in interviews. Always nice to hear people talking positively about A View To A Kill too. Maybe the character rumoured to be intended for Rami Malek is a modern day Max Zorin type? :-D

AVTAK is not a bad Bond film at all. It's only issue is Roger being too old and the visible stuntmen (and the Beach Boys). But overall: the film is a delight. Walken is great.

As for Bond 25, I am rewatching True Detective. What a masterpiece. I don't think Bond fans have anything to be concerned about with CJF.

Yeah, the issues with AVTAK are obvious, but I have no issue at all enjoying it – a lot. Fukunaga touched upon the lesser things about the film too.

Don't think we're in need for concern at all with Fukunaga either. I'm looking forward to see what he brings to the screen. Calling him "The Great Cary Fukunaga" (or similar) as some members do is a bit early though, as we've yet to see even a photo still from Bond 25. Even a great director can make a bad film.
    I'm intrigued by what Fukunaga has in store for Madeline....we know that he is casting for two other female characters AND a male villain (who is presumably the lead villain).

Dt0RbQ7WoAAoron.jpg

16-26.jpg

That's a great photo of Lea Seydoux. Deleted scene perhaps?
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Fiennes, Whishaw, Harris, and Kinnear are just fine. And those characters (along with Leiter) are part of the Bond formula. Some of you need to relax.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    I would be really sad if they dropped Boyle's and Hodge's Russia angle.

No it wouldn't. I get enough about Russia in the news.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    edited December 2018 Posts: 2,540
    I put that photo on our news and all of our social media: https://www.archivo007.com/index.php/noticias/bond-25/2781-lea-seydoux-en-bond-25

All credit to @Thunderballs007 007 and his great web, of course: www.thunderballs.org
    Birdleson wrote: »
    By the way, first mention of "Scooby Gang", was actually my referring to them as the "Scooby Kids" in a post in the SPECTRE reviews thread, in Nov. 2015:

Birdleson San Jose, CA
    November 2015 edited November 2015 Posts: 24,062Flag76.102.110.173

I did enjoy the section in Rome, and some other bits. Usually I bask in every moment of Craig as Bond, but he just didn't seem to be there this time. Having to cut to the Scooby Kids (Q, Moneypenny and Tanner) so often throughout the film certainly helped kill any momentum there may have been.

I was just wondering who came up with that phrase.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
  • A henchwoman could be great. Would love to see an ensemble of interesting villains a la ltk, ge
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Okay so firstly it’s good that we are getting news, that’s always exciting and there’s both good and bad.
    Good:

They’ve locked in a good writer/director who should be able to craft a great film

DOP is fantastic

Money penny/M/Q returning: as long as there isn’t too much of them, this is good.

Bad:

Lea seydoux: look unless they kill her in the PTS I can’t see this being anything other than a bad decision considering her character sucks.

“Female Mi6 agent”- I don’t want other characters , I want mostly bond. I don’t want a wacky team up between bond and someone, I just want bond.

I, for one, am happy about all the returning cast, Lea included. Would love to get Wright back as Felix. For that matter, I'd be all for Waltz to return as well, but given how Fleming would have Blofeld change his appearance every novel, EON could very well recast if they want to and still have the character in Bond 25. A lot of people around here I think put too much emphasis on "Brothergate". Whilst in Blofeld's mind, he has some obsession with 007, I don't think Bond returns it or necessarily sees him the same way and if he were to return, I think they could easily get away with not bringing up that aspect of their history. It was relevant for Spectre as this was Hans' big reveal to Bond after all this time, but the past is prologue now.
    “Female Mi6 agent”- I don’t want other characters , I want mostly bond. I don’t want a wacky team up between bond and someone, I just want bond.

My feelings exactly. I fact, most of us feel this way. I'd dare say all of us feel this way. And there aren't that many things on which Bond fans find total agreement.
    "Agents", "team", "female agent", ..., bah, total utter nonsense. Things that should be exclusive to MI films or spy cartoons. They have no place on a Bond film , IMO.
  • 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited December 2018 Posts: 3,126
    Did Variety say the mysterious woman character is going to also be the bond villain or is it the mysterious woman and another person playing the bond villain?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Did Variety say the mysterious woman character is going to also be the bond villain or is it the mysterious woman and another person playing the bond villain?
    Pretty sure it's the latter.
    I would like to see Irma bunt in Bond 25

Rami Malek was rumoured as a potential villain (although unavailable through scheduling). The mystery woman is likely a different character, but who knows? Maybe there's more than one (main) villain.
    jake24 wrote: »
    Pretty sure it's the latter.

@jake24 ok that's what I thought

Rami Malek was rumoured as a potential villain (although unavailable through scheduling). The mystery woman is likely a different character, but who knows? Maybe there's more than one (main) villain.

@Torgeirtrap I guess we will find out sooner or later or eventually

I’m hoping for that. For a while I’ve expressed my wish to see a power couple again like Zorin and May Day. Could be very good if done well.
    FoxRox wrote: »

I’m hoping for that. For a while I’ve expressed my wish to see a power couple again like Zorin and May Day. Could be very good if done well.

It makes sense too A View to a Kill is Cary's favorite Bond film

@Torgeirtrap I guess we will find out sooner or later or eventually

Wi certainly will. I think the upcoming months will be quite interesting for us Bond fans!
    FoxRox wrote: »

It will be a nice change after a few films with just the one main villain. Mr. White and Le Chiffre makes a sort of a pair in CR, QoS had Greene, SF had Silva and SP had Blofeld.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Honestly, if John Barry came back from the grave to do the music for Bond 25, a few of you would even have concerns about him. Always something to worry about, no matter what. ;)

I'm not worried, just happy we are getting some news and that things seem very much under control. Good that Cary is in on the writing. That's one of the first things I thought of when I heard he was hired.
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    Univex wrote: »

My feelings exactly. I fact, most of us feel this way. I'd dare say all of us feel this way. And there aren't that many things on which Bond fans find total agreement.
    "Agents", "team", "female agent", ..., bah, total utter nonsense. Things that should be exclusive to MI films or spy cartoons. They have no place on a Bond film , IMO.

I don't mind another MI6 agent - female or male - being part of this story. That does not bother me at all. I just want a great story, excellent script.
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    I don't see it often posted here, but I would like to express my gratitude that Ralph Fiennes is returning for Bond 25.
    He is one of maybe 5 Hollywood actors that I tremendously respect, together with Joachim Phoenix, Philip Seymour Hoffman and another few.
    On the other hand, while I like Lea's work in "Blue Is the Warmest Color", she kinda was wrong person for Swan role in Spectre.
    QQ7 wrote: »
    I don't see it often posted here, but I would like to express my gratitude that Ralph Fiennes is returning for Bond 25.
    Hear hear!
    QQ7 wrote: »
    He is one of maybe 5 Hollywood actors that I tremendously respect, together with Joachim Phoenix, Philip Seymour Hoffman and another few.
    On the other hand, while I like Lea's work in "Blue Is the Warmest Color", she kinda was wrong person for Swan role in Spectre.

I don't mind Ralph Fiennes either, I really don't. I even had a quiet "Yess!!" when he appeared as the new M. It requires a certain type of actor to play M, and he fits that just perfectly. On the other hand, I don't appreciate the character of M having more screen time than necessary – nor that they try to give him more screen time. That should be reserved for our main guy. The rumours about a protégé worries me in the same way. If Bond is to share screen time with a secondary character for a significant amount of time, that's just wrong, IMO. Add to that the return of Swann – a character than should have been written far better (although she might feature in a lesser capacity for all we know).

I hope Cary Fukunaga can pull this off (hence the "Cary Fukunaga - couple counsellor" joke with @peter ), but there's no denying he has quite a lot to get right with this one – at least in the eyes of us that didn't appreciate SP.
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    Some people wanted Bond 25 to be pushed to 2022, Craig exiting, and Aidan Turner as new Bond. So no wonder they creep up from their lairs.
  • 007Blofeld wrote: »
    I would like to see Irma bunt in Bond 25

She was in at least one of the drafts of SPECTRE (I think October 2014 or so), but was out by the Dec. 1, 2014 draft.
    Some people wanted Bond 25 to be pushed to 2022, Craig exiting, and Aidan Turner as new Bond. So no wonder they creep up from their lairs.

Who?
    Maybe we should have a 1 week sabbatical for posting in the b25 discussion.
    See who's up for the challenge :)

Anyone who posts in that week would be banned for a month as a penalty.

Moderators what do you think ?