No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• edited August 2018 Posts: 17,297
    QBranch wrote: »
    That's why I said 'IF', and I agree, it doesn't mean as such, but he can't go to NZ without seeing the haka.

Not just seeing one, but participating. Can t you just see Craig doing that?

giphy.gif
    Yes, please! That would be hilarious! :))
    I could imagine a scene were Craig chases a guy in the crowd during a rugby match, with the camera filming a team doing the Haka.
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 12,837
    Getafix wrote: »
    I like the idea of period Bond but not for Craig’s last

I'm not keen on the idea at all but if it's ever going to happen I think now is the perfect time. Craig already got a finale with SP. If they want to try a period film then a one off with an actor who's already closed out his era before moving forward properly in the modern day with a new guy seems like the best option imo.

Hope it doesn't happen though. I wouldn't mind a 50s/60s TV show, adapting the books. But I think the films should move forward like they always have.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    QBranch wrote: »
    That's why I said 'IF', and I agree, it doesn't mean as such, but he can't go to NZ without seeing the haka.
    Not just seeing one, but participating. Can t you just see Craig doing that?
    Sure I can. And if that happens, then I will do the haka outside Eon headquarters.
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 3,333
    A period Bond won’t work for the simple reason that the studio and producers rely on current product placements to co-finance their movies. They can’t very well have Bond boarding a Pan Am flight and using a bulky Polaroid One-Step for industrial espionage missions, whilst viewing current affairs on a Rediffusion TV set. It’ll also look naff.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    bondsum wrote: »
    A period Bond won’t work for the simple reason that the studio and producers rely on current product placements to co-finance their movies. They can’t very well have Bond boarding a Pan Am flight and using a bulky Polaroid One-Step for industrial espionage missions, whilst viewing current affairs on a Rediffusion TV set. It’ll also look naff.

+1
    Thats probably the number one reason of 16395927 other reasons why it wont happen.
    These are two rather obscure names. Either the tabloids are being inventive or there is some truth to the matter.

Gemma+Arterton+Hannah+Arterton+Royal+Box+Arrivals+vBcePfW3ZzEl.jpg
    870639-photos-de-2.jpg

Olympia Campbell is a very unusual name to start spreading.

1116426.jpg
    Olympia-Campbell-By-Ben-Weller-For-Muse-Magazine-Spring-Summer-2016-5.jpg

She wouldn't need to change her name for the character: Olympia is perfect Bond girl name. And is it me or is she rather Joanna Lumley-esque in her look?
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    There's a little bit of younger Lumley in her, true.

Coincidentally, she also has a sister, Edie who is also a model. Both Bond material as far as I'm concerned.
    jxNq0mU.jpg
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 4,400
    They are both rather odd names. Mainly as they really aren't in the same league as the typical rumour-baiting types we typically hear about. Hence why i feel there is some legitimacy to the rumours.

Also, this comes from the exact same journalist who wrote the Helena Bonham Carter story a few weeks away for the Mirror - which she doesn't refer to her.

Personally, I think Hannah Arterton seems too pleasant and polite to be a 'Bond girl', but I don't know the character or how good an actress she is.

Olympia has be more interested. She has a really startling look about her. I can see her in the supporting cast, maybe as the villain's girlfriend or something. I don't see her as a leading lady. Also, her casting feels like something Danny Boyle would do. He tends to go for new names. So I do kinda believe this story....

Perhaps we'll hear more in the week and get other names of people auditioning. If Justin Kroll is looking into who Eon are meeting, then perhaps he's prepping a story. He posted this photo of a tiger yesterday. Perhaps suggesting he's hunting a big story.

Kroll seems to be a pretty annoying frat boy, but I suggest we bombard him on Twitter
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    Olympia also has a strong enough jawline and sharp facial features to pull off playing an Eastern European. Just a thought, considering there will be some sort of Russian villainy present in Bond 25.
    Am I alone in not being particularly impressed with either of those girls? Those boho chic photos especially look offputting. And can they actually act, because enough people here complained about Lea Seydoux's performance and she is an established actress.

Fine for a background or brief role, but a lead role seems like a stretch.
  • BondAficionadoBondAficionado Former IMDBer
    edited August 2018 Posts: 1,884

Kroll seems to be a pretty annoying frat boy, but I suggest we bombard him on Twitter

Quite. It's unfortunate really.
    I just love the name Olympia.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    BT3366 wrote: »
    Am I alone in not being particularly impressed with either of those girls? Those boho chic photos especially look offputting. And can they actually act, because enough people here complained about Lea Seydoux's performance and she is an established actress.

Fine for a background or brief role, but a lead role seems like a stretch.

No, you are not alone. They also look too young for Craig’s Bond, and yes the Boho/Heroin chic is not appeal.

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited August 2018 Posts: 10,588
    Are we to be taking these rumours remotely seriously? Halina Watts is the same columnist who made a fool out of herself with that famous Raymond Benson story.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    jake24 wrote: »
    Are we to be taking these rumours remotely seriously?.

Of course, these are serious journalists. Never mind the fact they are constantly lying.
  • CraigMooreOHMSSCraigMooreOHMSS Dublin, Ireland
    True or false - I'm just glad the topic is attractive women. Far more fun than the usual.
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 4,400
    Kroll is bigging up his Bond credentials after someone questioned him

I'd recommend our active Twitter users to ask Kroll what's happening. I've already sent a message.

Hannah Arterton just posted this photo on Instagram

Not bad at all. However, she's a little young for Daniel Craig.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    Wait, so she is gonna be the sister of Gemma's character? Now we really are getting a connected universe. Everyone's related.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    So, maybe this protege story is true. ;)

Bond trains Miss Fields’ sister.

He couldn’t save Strawberry, so Rasperry saves him instead. There’s your #MeToo era Bond movie. ;)
    Not bad at all. However, she's a little young for Daniel Craig.
    This will be a highly unusual Bond movie. What if the role she is up for is not a traditional Bond girl role (aka a woman Bond wants to sleep with)?

He couldn’t save Strawberry, so Rasperry saves him instead. There’s your #MeToo era Bond movie. ;)

But what I want to know is what happened to Madeline. They will have to say something about that.
    edited August 2018 Posts: 15,423

But what I want to know is what happened to Madeline. They will have to say something about that.
    What did happen with Tiffany Case? Melina Havelock? Natalya Simonova? Etc? ;)

Well, if we might turn to the "tight continuity" argument, I'd say Madeleine found out blue is her warmest colour. :))
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    Well, he did quit the service for her.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Hannah Arterton could of course be the new Madeleine.
    edited August 2018 Posts: 8,113
    echo wrote: »

Yes, it seemed like they were building a proper romance with Madeline. Didn't they even say "I love you" at one point, can't remember. But it seemed like Bond had finally met his "the one", being the daughter of a assassin, who understood the life and could sympathise with Bond journey and struggles. Surely they have to say something this time it wasn't like the usual "alright luv, get yer kit off" ending we usually get. I got they feeling they actually cared about each other, or were supposed to.
    Hannah Arterton could of course be the new Madeleine.

True, but why recast a role they just invented?
  • edited August 2018 Posts: 17,297
    echo wrote: »

Yes, it seemed like they were building a proper romance with Madeline. Didn't they even say "I love you" at one point, can't remember. But it seemed like Bond had finally met his "the one", being the daughter of a assassin, who understood the life and could sympathise with Bond journey and struggles. Surely they have to say something this time it wasn't like the usual "alright luv, get yer kit off" ending we usually get. I got they feeling they actually cared about each other, or were supposed to.

That might be what they tried to show on screen, but it certainly didn't seem that way chemistry vise between Craig and Seydoux, IMO.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    This has been said time and again: the general audience won't even remember Maddy. Period.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    She's busy eating bugs in the new Hideo Kojima game. =))
    Death-Stranding-feature-image.jpg
    Sure, eating "bugs". Is that what they call it these days? =))