No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• JeffreyJeffrey The Netherlands
    fjdinardo wrote: »
    James Bond should always be a white male. Period end of story. I know there are some SJWs that would love Bond to be female

I think Bond really should be a black non-binary bisexual.

Joking aside, I'm actually pretty content with how they've dealt with the social / cultural changes over the years. I hope they don't overdo it in the next film.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I think Bond should be played by a lawn.
  • JeffreyJeffrey The Netherlands
    I think Bond should be played by a lawn.

I'm sure they'll consider you too @Thunderfinger ;-)
    I don't mind the film having some political overtones as long as they aren't didactic and thuddingly obvious. After all, defenders of QoS don't mind that the film is a left-wing parable about a neoliberal corporation depriving the Bolivian working class of water rights.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Art Director Neil Callow is returning for B25.

https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/james-bond-museum-austria/index.html
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited June 2018 Posts: 5,979
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    How is CabbagePatch going to have time to appear in Bond 25 if he currently has 8 projects heading into pre-production?

And is HBC really wanting to go from a potential 5 month shoot of 'The Crown' straight into Bond?

I really like HBC and she'd be a good foil for Craig. But I seem them going for someone "splashier." Helen Mirren would be perfect...almost too perfect? Everyone has chemistry with her.
    If you want a political venture in a film, go watch a political thriller where the left and right throw mud at each other. Bond is not the franchise to bring that into.

Every film is political. Every film is buoyed by a certain world view, directing its course.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    If you want a political venture in a film, go watch a political thriller where the left and right throw mud at each other. Bond is not the franchise to bring that into.

Every film is political. Every film is buoyed by a certain world view, directing its course.

Not every film is overtly political. Nor does every film have a plot which centers around politics as some are advocating for B25.
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    IMDB lists Lee Morrison as stunt coordinator
    Looks as though Danny Boyle is working with Daniel Pemberton on the Beatles film:
    https://meaww.com/oceans-8-daniel-pemberton-ost-music

It's going to be interesting to see how much of the team of that film he takes to Bond. I'm very interested to see if any move over.

Boyle may want the same team or he may consciously want different creative teams. Nonetheless, this story puts Pemberton's hat back in the ring.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator

I've mentioned this to you several times but IMDB can be updated and altered by literally everyone, so I wouldn't take any of it seriously until it's confirmed elsewhere.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited June 2018 Posts: 10,588
    Creasy47 wrote: »

I've mentioned this to you several times but IMDB can be updated and altered by literally everyone, so I wouldn't take any of it seriously until it's confirmed elsewhere.
    I've tried to add Ralph Fiennes to the "rumoured" cast list a couple of times, with no success. Not sure why he wasn't listed in the first place.
    Honestly, as selfish and narrow minded as this sounds, I wouldn't mind overt/heavy politics as long as it matches my own views. I don't want to go into a film from my favourite series, something I get very excited about, and have a lesson in why I'm wrong. But if if it's a political stance I agree with then great.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Looks as though Danny Boyle is working with Daniel Pemberton on the Beatles film:
    https://meaww.com/oceans-8-daniel-pemberton-ost-music

It's going to be interesting to see how much of the team of that film he takes to Bond. I'm very interested to see if any move over.

Boyle may want the same team or he may consciously want different creative teams. Nonetheless, this story puts Pemberton's hat back in the ring.
    I'm perfectly fine with that. Pemberton's score for Ocean's 8 was one of the highlights of the film for me.

I think there is a reasonable possibility of some cast crossover, given the audiences are likely different. It makes sense to me.
    I'd be more than fine with Pemberton.

Not every film is overtly political. Nor does every film have a plot which centers around politics as some are advocating for B25.

It's James Bond though. Forged in the dying days of Britain's declining Empire and the blanket of cold war paranoia. Bond is st his best when he is political.
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA

I didn't say it was official or confirmed just pointing something out that could be a possibility they had vic armstrong listed as stunt coordinator but he debunked that rumor so I know how IMDB works
    Wondering if HBC or whoever is cast is the prime minister. A female PM manipulated by a sinister foreign power to orchestrate Brexit and bring about the collapse of the West.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    I doubt it will be that political.

We are basically living in MR. Putin = Drax
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    echo wrote: »

You mean @Thunderfinger = Drax
  • edited June 2018 Posts: 5,767
    Honestly, as selfish and narrow minded as this sounds, I wouldn't mind overt/heavy politics as long as it matches my own views. I don't want to go into a film from my favourite series, something I get very excited about, and have a lesson in why I'm wrong. But if if it's a political stance I agree with then great.
    I guess that´s fair enough. Most people will be swayed consciously or subconsciously by things they like or don´t like, I see no reason why politics should be an exception.

It's James Bond though. Forged in the dying days of Britain's declining Empire and the blanket of cold war paranoia. Bond is st his best when he is political.
    Good point.

That doesn´t make any sense to me at all.

You mean @Thunderfinger = Drax
    That´s more like it.

Revelator wrote: »
    I don't mind the film having some political overtones as long as they aren't didactic and thuddingly obvious. After all, defenders of QoS don't mind that the film is a left-wing parable about a neoliberal corporation depriving the Bolivian working class of water rights.

I agree with you. QoS may be the most left-wing film on the whole franchise. The most right-wing being...
    Skyfall is the most right wing. Or conservative. I see it as a major contributory factor towards Brexit.
    ... and Donald Trump.

and the end of the world as we know it.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Getafix wrote: »
    ... and Donald Trump.

and the end of the world as we know it.
    You're being overtly overdramatic, again.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España

I'd take that very seriously...
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    MGM Credit Ratings Downgraded By Moody’s Due To Film And TV Spending
    https://deadline.com/2018/06/mgm-ratings-downgrade-moodys-film-tv-spending-1202409584/
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited June 2018 Posts: 23,883
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    MGM Credit Ratings Downgraded By Moody’s Due To Film And TV Spending
    https://deadline.com/2018/06/mgm-ratings-downgrade-moodys-film-tv-spending-1202409584/
    Thanks for this. That's hardly good. It will just increase the pressure on B25 to deliver. I'm now curious about the financial details of the arrangement Universal structured with MGM/EON for distribution.

Ultimately I am not in favour of MGM's current apparent stated approach of going it alone. I don't believe they have the financial capabilities to build out EPIX on their own without putting their balance sheet in further jeopardy, particularly with increased industry consolidation taking place everywhere. I still continue to believe that an acquisition is inevitable at some point in the future.
    The Bond franchise is an inherently political beast. Any suggestion to the contrary is ignorant.

The films are about a British secret agent travelling the world and intervening in international diplomatic matters in the interests of Great Britain.

The 60's and 70's films were heavily influenced by the Cold War (albeit they dealt with the matters without being overly pointed) and the most recent films have leaned heavily on currently political talking points. Whether it be terrorism financing and both the Assange and Snowden scandals.

Also, I do feel that SF can be misinterpreted as a "pro-Brexit" film. I feel patriotism and nationalism have been mired together in an ugly way in 2015. In 2012, the outlook and feel in the country was very different. SF was a film that was proud to celebrate Britain whilst acknowledging it's shortcomings. Sam Mendes may not be as much of a bleeding heart liberal as Boyle, but he isn't far off.