No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    Guys I know this might sound irritating to some but bond 25 will have to severely tone down the womanizing if it's going to be a metoo friendly bond film and since it's also going up against wonder woman 2 in November so it wouldn't be surprising if this was the very first bond film without a love interest or a woman for bond to bed
    Won't HBC be well into filming The Crown?
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    edited June 2018 Posts: 12,459
    Bond can be "MeToo" friendly enough; I am female and not concerned (and I am supportive of that movement).

Helena would be fine - I'd rather her than Angelina, to be honest. Still my personal favorite would be Helen Mirren for a female villain.
    I can definitely see helena bonhem carter as the villain kinda hoping this is true
    I think Helena is an obvious kind of rumor, though, and I don't put confidence into her being in it. Not yet.
    Good point. I like her but I would prefer someone far more interesting, different, and not a villain cliche. She has done her share.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Guys I know this might sound irritating to some but bond 25 will have to severely tone down the womanizing if it's going to be a metoo friendly bond film and since it's also going up against wonder woman 2 in November so it wouldn't be surprising if this was the very first bond film without a love interest or a woman for bond to bed
    It wouldn't surprise me, especially since the most successful film financially over the past 20+ years was somewhat dubious about that too (with debates upon release about whether the Bond 'girl' was senior citizen M, MP or Severine). Sign o' the Times.
    Of course not. Bond will be fine. I feel that seriously worrying about the MeToo movement changing Bond dramatically is overblown. Dalton's film were altered for the times, too, come to think of it. But I am not at all worried. Yes, there will be sex and a female lead that Bond is involved with. Do I want tons of sexist remarks, slapping of women's behinds, bimbos on display (looking at you Britt and Tonya; lovely though you were)? No. This is a modern Bond but still Bond, and I cannot imagine the women he is involved with would be wildly curtailed OR a throwback to earlier, more sexist times.
  • edited June 2018 Posts: 4,619
    Birdleson wrote: »
    She's already a villain cliche. No way in Hell do I want her.
    Bingo. She is a good actress but ALWAYS plays villains. Waltz's casting was cliche enough, I would prefer a more surprising choice for the villain this time.
    I’ll reserve my judgment on Carter. I know she is always playing the villain, but that doesn’t mean it can’t be done well and originally for a Bond film. Anyway, it’s just another rumor.
  • SatoriousSatorious Brushing up on a little Danish
    Forget Bonham-Carter and Jolie, I think the James Bond Radio guys hit the nail on the head with Tilda Swinton as a villainess. I'd also argue that Mark Strong should be in a Bond film - just not as a villain (give him a few years and he might be an interesting "M" for example)
    I like Tilda, but I don't want her either. I really want somebody more ... surprising as a villain.
    I am missing something. What is the main point of your posts, @RichardTheBruce?
    JET007 wrote: »
    JET007 wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »
    It looks like a kid's watch - just missing the cartoon character on the face of it.
    Even Robert Langdon's Mickey Mouse watch looks more stylish.

That one looks great.
    Yes, I've always liked Langdon's watch too.

Remove Mickey Mouse, and you have a watch I'd like to wear.
    007 on the Commander watch hand - just me, or is that a bit too much too?
    They tend to do things like that on their Bond commemorative collectible pieces, and I've always found it too much. This is an example of them taking it too far imho, which Rolex never does.

What's the appeal of these commemorative collectible pieces? Does it sell much?

I've never seen the appeal of them till the Spectre Seamaster 300, which has very few 007 references on it, most of which are out of sight when in wear. I've never bothered to check what the resale is on those as I've never had any interest. I know the Spectre AT, using the Bond family coat seemed to sell well, but the Commander edition seems to still be in stock according to what I've heard either because of the design or no new movie to promote when it came out last year.

The Spectre Seamaster 300 looks waaaay better than the Commander watch. What was the reason for Omega to launch a new watch without a new Bond movie? Seems like bad marketing.

They were probably expecting Bond 25 a lot sooner then when we're getting it would be my guess.

I thought bringing the NATO strap back was an awful idea, but having now worn one, they are quite comfortable during the summer or in humid climates. They're not for everyone though and some of Omega's newest straps I could never picture on my Seamaster.

We were all hoping for Bond 25 to be released sooner, didn't we! Maybe the Omega marketing people got indications the film was supposed to be made earlier than 2019? Unlikely but you never know. Can just be a case of a big marketing mistake.
    Just like so many aspects, such as the GB, that they seem so good at getting wrong it’s not rocket science. Rolex Submariner with the metal strap as worn in LALD - timeless. Or if you must sell out to Omega whatever they have that looks the closest to it.

That's a nice watch right there! No unnecessary details, black watch face - what more do you need? Much the same way I want Bond 25 to be. Just the basics.

I prefer a leather strap myself actually, but that's because I hate the metally clang when placing your hand on a table, etc. Tried a GF styled fabric strap on my watch (a cheap Timex) but could never get used to it.
    LALD inspired me to save up for one and I couldn't be happier. It's quite timeless and I hope they go back to it one day. The last time we saw it was in LTK, when Tim prominently sported the latest model at the time.

Regarding the NATO, I'm not a fan of it either. A bit too utilitarian for Bond imho. At least Sean wore it when he was doing some diving and actually getting down and dirty, which is what that strap was originally intended for as it came out of the British military.

You own one? That must be something to wear with pride! My budget only goes as far as Timex watches, but maybe one day… Is it a vintage one, as well?

Yeah, you can understand the usage in GF, but it's not something you'd probably want when getting one yourself - unless you're totally into that specific utilitarian look. Also, as @JET007 writes - the NATO straps might feel right during summer or in humid climates.
    OK. Still don't get it, @RichardTheBruce ... relating to Bond 25 how? But all right, never mind. :)
    My #1 choice to play a potential female villain is probably Cate Blanchett.
    edited June 2018 Posts: 23,883
    Just like so many aspects, such as the GB, that they seem so good at getting wrong it’s not rocket science. Rolex Submariner with the metal strap as worn in LALD - timeless. Or if you must sell out to Omega whatever they have that looks the closest to it.

That's a nice watch right there! No unnecessary details, black watch face - what more do you need? Much the same way I want Bond 25 to be. Just the basics.

I prefer a leather strap myself actually, but that's because I hate the metally clang when placing your hand on a table, etc. Tried a GF styled fabric strap on my watch (a cheap Timex) but could never get used to it.
    LALD inspired me to save up for one and I couldn't be happier. It's quite timeless and I hope they go back to it one day. The last time we saw it was in LTK, when Tim prominently sported the latest model at the time.

Regarding the NATO, I'm not a fan of it either. A bit too utilitarian for Bond imho. At least Sean wore it when he was doing some diving and actually getting down and dirty, which is what that strap was originally intended for as it came out of the British military.

You own one? That must be something to wear with pride! My budget only goes as far as Timex watches, but maybe one day… Is it a vintage one, as well?

Yeah, you can understand the usage in GF, but it's not something you'd probably want when getting one yourself - unless you're totally into that specific utilitarian look. Also, as @JET007 writes - the NATO straps might feel right during summer or in humid climates.
    Yes I do have one. I purchased it secondhand a few years back. Lovely piece and well worth saving up for. I have the same style that Tim wore in LTK (with the polarizing cyclops), which had a production run from 1989 to around 2010. Mine is a 2009, so reasonably common and contemporary. They really haven't changed too much design wise over the years. Mostly minor alterations. There a few older iterations that are worth a heck of a lot of money these days.

RE: the Nato, I would have preferred if they had Craig wear that strap when he was actually doing something or in casual gear and then switch to the metal bracelet (which also comes with that watch) in the scenes when he was wearing a suit. The original NATO style strap is designed to wick moisture away from the body.
    edited June 2018 Posts: 12,459
    Yeah, I love Jacques Cousteau and read several of his books growing up, watched his TV specials. I just don't get the connection here is all.
  • edited June 2018 Posts: 17,293

Yes I do have one. I purchased it secondhand a few years back. Lovely piece and well worth saving up for. I have the same style that Tim wore in LTK (with the polarizing cyclops), which had a production run from 1989 to around 2010. Mine is a 2009, so reasonably common and contemporary. They really haven't changed too much design wise over the years. Mostly minor alterations. There a few older iterations that are worth a heck of a lot of money these days.

RE: the Nato, I would have preferred if they had Craig wear that strap when he was actually doing something or in casual gear and then switch to the metal bracelet (which also comes with that watch) in the scenes when he was wearing a suit. The original NATO style strap is designed to wick moisture away from the body.

Secondhand is probably the way to go, if buying one! Would be living in constant fear of breaking or losing the watch, though…

I haven't really bothered to see if he has, but has Craig Bond ever worn an Omega with a NATO strap in the films? Wouldn't be against him sporting a casual watch strap if diving or similar, like Connery in GF.

Secondhand is probably the way to go, if buying one! Would be living in constant fear of breaking or losing the watch, though…

I haven't really bothered to see if he has, but has Craig Bond ever worn an Omega with a NATO strap in the films? Wouldn't be against him sporting a casual watch strap if diving or similar, like Connery in GF.
    The Submariner only appreciates, so even though the price of entry is quite high, it's a sound investment, unlike a car for instance.

RE: Craig - yes he wore his Omega Seamaster 300 on a NATO throughout SP. It's most noticeable when he's given it by Q and also when he removes it during the torture sequence. I would have preferred if he had it on a metal bracelet in a few sequences in the film, like when he was suited up.
    I'm wondering if Boyle will cast Ewan McGregor in a role for bond 25
  • Last_Rat_StandingLast_Rat_Standing Long Neck Ice Cold Beer Never Broke My Heart
    I'm wondering if Boyle will cast Ewan McGregor in a role for bond 25

I wouldn't mind him or Mark Strong in a Kerim Bey esque role. A contact that becomes a great chemistry
  • BennyBenny In the shadowsAdministrator, Moderator
    Satorious wrote: »
    Forget Bonham-Carter and Jolie, I think the James Bond Radio guys hit the nail on the head with Tilda Swinton as a villainess. I'd also argue that Mark Strong should be in a Bond film - just not as a villain (give him a few years and he might be an interesting "M" for example)

If any of these rumours are true, (I kind of hope they're not) Jolie isn't an actress I'd want to see in a Bond film. HBC is a very good actress, but as other have said always plays a villainess role. Her work on The Crown would also seemingly rule her out.
    Tilda Swinton I just can't stand. I've never liked her in anything. I hope she gets no where near a Bond film.
    I guess now production has been announced...in December, we'll be seeing more and more of these rumours. Yay!

• Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    Tilda Swinton and Helena Bonham Carter are great actors but I couldn't name two more obvious female villains. They could be a fine fit for some other role in the film but I hope they don't cast either of them in villainous roles. I don't want to see Jolie at all in the film and neither do I want to see Belluci return in any major way.
  • SeanCraigSeanCraig Germany
    I love HBC since „Fight Club“ ... she could play a very cool character like Fiona Volpe of you ask me. I doubt she will be the main villain though.
    Cate Blanchett in a villain role, where at the Start there is a bit more to it, until he realises, she is evil. I always like that ankle. No to Angie, ok to Carter.
    Drop the big names, they just suck the budget. Find fitting actors and make a thrilling film. Isn't that what CR did so successfully?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    boldfinger wrote: »
    Drop the big names, they just suck the budget. Find fitting actors and make a thrilling film. Isn't that what CR did so successfully?

Bingo.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    doubleoego wrote: »
    boldfinger wrote: »

Bingo.

Seconded.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    edited June 2018 Posts: 1,533
    I can actually get behind the HBC rumor. Compared to Jolie, it's a blessing. The fact that she always plays villains doesn't bother me in the slightest. Javier Bardem and Christoph Waltz were born to be villains and their parts turned out alright. Apart from Brothergate.