No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    FoxRox wrote: »
    Next Bond villain can be: David Hasslehoff.
    The title would be... Surfing Red.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.

Sounds better than Come and Dive.
    Remington wrote: »
    That'd be the title for a foreign release in the far east.
    The Hoff will no doubt be Bond’s toughest adversary yet. Bond will learn he cannot hassle him.
  • RemingtonRemington I'll do anything for a woman with a knife.
    Remington wrote: »
    That'd be the title for a foreign release in the far east.

Naturally.
    Boyle. Yes please. Campbell. Nah.
    LeChiffre wrote: »

Wouldn't mind another Campbell Bond, to be honest. Most important is that the next director does a good effort.
  • echoecho 007 in New York
    edited March 2018 Posts: 5,979
    LeChiffre wrote: »

Wouldn't mind another Campbell Bond, to be honest. Most important is that the next director does a good effort.

It all comes down to the script. And new writers tend to do well on their first script, likely because they've been dreaming their whole lives about what they'd put in a Bond film. So I have hope for Hodge.
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    When do you all think boyle will be officially announced as director?
    Next Thursday at 2:30 est
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    When do you all think boyle will be officially announced as director?
    Presumably not until Hodge's script is done (or close to being done). May seems like a good guess.
  • JamesBondKenyaJamesBondKenya Danny Boyle laughs to himself
    Risico007 wrote: »
    Next Thursday at 2:30 est

Really, I thought it would be at 1:30
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    People on the AJB forum are second guessing Baz’s credibility this time around. Is it possible his story on Boyle helming Bond is inaccurate?

If Boyle is filming a movie this summer, how long do we think post-production would take on a musical-movie? Realistically, if we look at past production timelines, Bond would have to start filming in December or January.

Could this other movie Boyle is working be completed in sufficient time in order for him to start on Bond or does this seem far fetched?
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 2,115
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    People on the AJB forum are second guessing Baz’s credibility this time around. Is it possible his story on Boyle helming Bond is inaccurate?

If Boyle is filming a movie this summer, how long do we think post-production would take on a musical-movie? Realistically, if we look at past production timelines, Bond would have to start filming in December or January.

Could this other movie Boyle is working be completed in sufficient time in order for him to start on Bond or does this seem far fetched?

Maybe. But, strictly my own thoughts, I keep coming back to this:

If Baz is right, Craig *wants* Boyle to direct Bond 25. If that's correct, that's the "thumb on the scale" that could make this come to be. If Craig wants it, Broccoli will move heaven and earth to make it so.

The only thing that could mess that up is if Hodge delivers a bunch of chicken tracks on what are supposed to be script pages. I don't see that happening.

Remember this quote from Broccoli's THR podcast in December: "My heart was breaking" before Craig said he'd be back. Her father never said anything remotely like that about Sean Connery, George Lazenby, Roger Moore...

• Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    Just watched Slumdog Millionaire.

All I can think about is, if it is Danny Boyle for Bond25, we could be in for on heck of a torture scene.

The movie has two pretty intense torture scenes.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Hoff the record, I think that’s an excellent idea.
    bondjames wrote: »
    barryt007 wrote: »
    bondjames wrote: »
    Regarding B25, does anyone think they have the foreign distributor yet? Or are they still trying to find one?

We'll know in about a month's time when MGM does its call, but was curious as to people's thoughts.

I think they are close to completion with one of them.
    I bloody well hope so !!
    Yes, I certainly hope so too. I'd just like to remind everyone that no foreign distributor means no film, so it's a large component of what is required. All this creative discussion is all well and good, but they need someone to fund the production. Hopefully we get that announcement shortly. I still think we are in for some unexpected big news in May (purely speculative).
    They can always pull a Paramount and dump it on Netflix. :)
    Hasselhoff will be Bond’s toughest enemy by far. His acting skills will be too much to overcome.
    Villain: David Hasslehoff
    Bond girl: Pam Anderson

Daniel Craig in...Bondwatch
    If the Hoff is in then he has to sing the theme tune as well. Guaranteed number one... in Germany.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    With the Hoff as the villain, I think we have our theme song;

This is what he'll sing to Bond in the climax.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited March 2018 Posts: 5,185

This is what he'll sing to Bond in the climax.

Clicked on this only for the Thumbnail, and was actually not disappointed.
  • neonmartinineonmartini Classified
    The Hoff is Too Much For James Bond!
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    edited March 2018 Posts: 8,087
    If it's not Boyle, I believe Daniel won't even make Bond 25. Time is running out, so Baz better be right about this.
    Someday, we'll look back at those days we threw whichever remark and claim came to mind, and laugh.
  • Goldeneye0094Goldeneye0094 Conyers, GA
    Maybe boyle will cast ewan mcgregor as the villian.
  • edited March 2018 Posts: 5,767
    Why not as Bond?

And give Robert Carlyle a proper villain role :-).
    edited March 2018 Posts: 5,185
    Another quote from Danny Boyle about Fleming:

Had you always been a big reader as a kid?
    Always. I read every single one of Franklin W. Dixon's Hardy Boys mysteries. I made a natural progression to the Bond books, which I read multiple times. They were so cool. Ian Fleming was an amazing writer. Bond lived in a godless world and the books dissolved everything i was meant to respect - it was just sex, pleasure and guns.

I am still not fully convinced that he has the job, and i am not saying that he would be the perfect choice... BUT i rather have someone who loves and understands the source material, than having an outsider who knows nothing about it.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    edited March 2018 Posts: 9,117
    00Agent wrote: »

Always. I read every single one of Franklin W. Dixon's Hardy Boys mysteries. I made a natural progression to the Bond books, which I read multiple times. They were so cool. Ian Fleming was an amazing writer. Bond lived in a godless world and the books dissolved everything i was meant to respect - it was just sex, pleasure and guns.

I am still not conviced that he has the job, and i am not saying that he would be the perfect choice... BUT i rather have someone who loves and understands the source material, than having an outsider who knows nothing about it.

'a godless world....just sex, pleasure and guns.'

Sounds pretty near perfect to me.
    00Agent wrote: »

I am still not conviced that he has the job, and i am not saying that he would be the perfect choice... BUT i rather have someone who loves and understands the source material, than having an outsider who knows nothing about it.

'a godless world....just sex, pleasure and guns.'

Sounds pretty near perfect to me.

that was my first thought as well