No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• edited March 2018 Posts: 3,333
    Sod Danny Boyle. After seeing The Foreigner today, Martin Campbell is well up to the job.

Action, drama and getting good performances. Got it in spades.
    Really? The only thing I came away with after watching The Foreigner was how far everybody's stock has fallen. I thought it had an air of Wild Geese 2 about it.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Sod Danny Boyle. After seeing The Foreigner today, Martin Campbell is well up to the job.

+1

• TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'
    bondsum wrote: »

Really? The only thing I came away with after watching The Foreigner was how far everybody's stock has fallen. I thought it had an air of Wild Geese 2 about it.

I get take your point but do me on it was better than that.

Actually I thought it was one of Pierce's better performances.

Blimey Wiz,whats happened to your grammar old chap ?!

• bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited March 2018 Posts: 23,883

I agree. Brosnan and Chan were really good in it.

Regarding the cheap flavour, one must keep in mind that it was made on a shoestring $35M production budget. Given that, I think they did a great job, and Campbell showed again that he is still a master at delivering entertainment without blowing the bank.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    bondjames wrote: »

I agree. Brosnan and Chan were really good in it.

Regarding the cheap flavour, one must keep in mind that it was made on a shoestring $35M production budget. Given that, I think they did a great job, and Campbell showed again that he is still a master at delivering entertainment without blowing the bank.

Campbell is back! Gotta a few films in the pipeline. Glad to see he is back on the comeback trailer after Green Lantern.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    He doesn't have any new projects lined up, though... Other than Across the River and into the Trees, which was put on hold many times, Lord knows when (of if) is it going to begin production.
    edited March 2018 Posts: 8,087
    He doesn't have any new projects lined up, though... Other than Across the River and into the Trees, which was put on hold many times, Lord knows when (of if) is it going to begin production.

He is also going to make an Ali Baba film.
    barryt007 wrote: »

Cocking iPhone as I went into a tunnel on the tube.

Don't worry I've not gone mental. You'll be able to tell when that happens - I'll be wearing an Arsenal shirt!

Don't worry I've not gone mental. You'll be able to tell when that happens - I'll be wearing an Arsenal shirt!

Are you driving a tube train and multi-tasking on MI6 at the same time ?!
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    As bad as driving a car whilst filming a well known celebrity football player spitting at you

Would love to be on that £56k plus OT bandwagon son but alas at the time I was just a mug TfL punter* who has to wait 6 mins for a train despite them assuring me 'there is a good service running on all lines.'

*Well apart from the fact I don't pay obviously.

Would love to be on that £56k plus OT bandwagon son but alas at the time I was just a mug TfL punter* who has to wait 6 mins for a train despite them assuring me 'there is a good service running on all lines.'

*Well apart from the fact I don't pay obviously.

Yep...same as me every day,except I have to pay of course.

• RC7RC7
    I’m pretty certain Campbell will never make another Bond movie. By the time they get around to shooting B26, he’ll be pushing 80 and while he’s a guy who keeps himself in shape, I worry it would be a step too far. More importantly, I don’t think the desire for a ‘name’ director is going away any time soon. It’s a valuable marketing tool.
    RC7 wrote: »
    I’m pretty certain Campbell will never make another Bond movie. By the time they get around to shooting B26, he’ll be pushing 80 and while he’s a guy who keeps himself in shape, I worry it would be a step too far. More importantly, I don’t think the desire for a ‘name’ director is going away any time soon. It’s a valuable marketing tool.

Ridley Scott, Clint Eastwood and George Miller say otherwise.
  • RC7RC7
    edited March 2018 Posts: 10,512

Ridley Scott, Clint Eastwood and George Miller say otherwise.

I was going to mention this caveat, as I knew it would be the default response, but it’s obvious they’re an exception. Two of them constitute some of the most revered talent in Hollywood, while the other is to Mad Max, what Lucas was to Star Wars and in a way even more so. Campbell is neither one of the most revered talents in Hollywood, nor is he so entwined with Bond lore that he ‘has’ to do it.

I’m not saying he can’t do it (although I do think it would seriously stretch him, if not physically, mentally; attempting to strike gold a third time) just that the odds are not in his favour.
    I think based off The Foreigner he could definitely manage a smaller Bond film though, the little bursts of action in that film were really well done and I thought it was a good thriller.
    I think based off The Foreigner he could definitely manage a smaller Bond film though, the little bursts of action in that film were really well done and I thought it was a good thriller.

Precisely. Perfect for a back 2 basics. Campbell is one of the best action directors alive so he could handle a full blown Bond outing, I don't doubt.

Precisely. Perfect for a back 2 basics. Campbell is one of the best action directors alive so he could handle a full blown Bond outing, I don't doubt.
    Agreed. I don't think it will happen though. That ship seems to have sailed, given the path they appear to be on, for better or worse.

It seems to be more of an actor/director driven franchise at present, and not a producer driven one.
    They wouldn't bring Brosnan back for another Bond,and I don't think he would accept anyway,the way he ended his tenure.
  • RC7RC7

Maybe he could, but it won’t happen.

Maybe he could, but it won’t happen.

Because ageism exists.
    edited March 2018 Posts: 23,883
    Regarding B25, does anyone think they have the foreign distributor yet? Or are they still trying to find one?

We'll know in about a month's time when MGM does its call, but was curious as to people's thoughts.
    Regarding B25, does anyone think they have the foreign distributor yet? Or are they still trying to find one?

We'll know in about a month's time when MGM does its call, but was curious as to people's thoughts.

I think they are close to completion with one of them.
    I bloody well hope so !!

I think they are close to completion with one of them.
    I bloody well hope so !!
    Yes, I certainly hope so too. I'd just like to remind everyone that no foreign distributor means no film, so it's a large component of what is required. All this creative discussion is all well and good, but they need someone to fund the production. Hopefully we get that announcement shortly. I still think we are in for some unexpected big news in May (purely speculative).
  • bondjames wrote: »

The call should be between now and the end of the month.

That's great news. So hopefully they have positive developments to announce within the next 19 days.

That's great news. So hopefully they have positive developments to announce within the next 19 days.

Before the Easter holidays I would think.

• ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill

Plus playing drums.
    Next Bond villain can be: David Hasslehoff.