No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    I'm in such denial. There's so much talk about all these different actors replacing Craig and I just want him to come back for one more.
    I remember when Craig was announced, I had seen Layer Cake and thought OK this could work. The outrage was pretty bad at the time (Craig being blonde sited as a problem was just stupid.) it is difficult until a actor is seen in the role.

I hope some actor appears out of left field, not just a actor that is current. People have there favorites though to me the casting of Bond has never what I would consider bad. Though it is obvious to me that Cubbys daughter makes different decisions to what Cubby perhaps would have made, or even Michael G Wilson for that matter.

Well look on the bright side--Goran Visnic could still be in the running.

:-bd
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    I remember when Craig was announced, I had seen Layer Cake and thought OK this could work. The outrage was pretty bad at the time (Craig being blonde sited as a problem was just stupid.) it is difficult until a actor is seen in the role.

I hope some actor appears out of left field, not just a actor that is current. People have there favorites though to me the casting of Bond has never what I would consider bad. Though it is obvious to me that Cubbys daughter makes different decisions to what Cubby perhaps would have made, or even Michael G Wilson for that matter.

He's my Vargr villain :P

Not familiar with the actor, though he reminds me of a mix of Dalton and Brosnan.

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I'd be fine with Tom. He looks great in that pic above. But I do want Craig to do one more and finish the Spectre arch.
  • Please don't hire this overrated actor.
    When Skyfall came out, its financial victory was celebrated well. But, it has done damage to Craig's tenure big time as well... So you know what they say... "Victories of yesterday become the losses of today."

SF has damaged DC's career? It's only got a 93% freshness rating from the critics on Rotten Tomatoes and a 7.8 on IMDB. The only place SF is rated other than a smashing success is this website.
    Career and tenure are two different things. It damaged Craig's run on Bond, not his career. If anything, the success of the film gave his name more value on the celebrity rating list. It's the chronology and the timeline that's damaged on many accounts.

Ah. OK. Apologies. I should have read more carefully. That said, I view each Bond film as a stand-alone and rate it according to its merits rather than concern myself with timelines and continuities, even when the filmmaker is taking timelines into account.

Not familiar with the actor, though he reminds me of a mix of Dalton and Brosnan.

He was rumored heavily to be the new Bond in the run-up to DC's anointment. The wags on this site referred to him as Boring Fishsticks.

LOL I remember him!

• DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    I'm in such denial. There's so much talk about all these different actors replacing Craig and I just want him to come back for one more.

Just wanted to pop in and say that's intrinsically how I feel too. That said, I've not been paying too much attention to all of this casting nonsense. Perhaps it'll all blow by soon.
    I respect Huddleston as an actor ..and respect his proponents but for me he doesn't exhibit enough of an intimidating presence.

Dark maybe yes ...and yes he is quite toned ...less bulk as Craig or Hardy. It's not the lack of bulk it's the presence I guess..

I can't quite put my finger on it.

I haven't seen the Night Manager so maybe I do.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    I'm inclinded to think there is more to this than just rumour but I don't think it's a done deal and possibly Craig is playing coy with his decison and teasing this possible candidate might be a way to get Craig to commit rather than dilly dally about his decision.

I didn't like SP much but if DC could return and go out with a great entry I'd support it but continuing with this arc is not something I'd like to see.

Maybe he should just come back for one last bow but not with ESB as the villain although SP's events could be acknowledged but it would be like GF after FRWL and Craig's goodbye.
    I can't guess EoN anymore
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Maybe that's a good thing. They should be unpredictable. :)
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    It keeps it exciting.
    It's just the usual tabloid nonsense. Nothing much to see here.

If anything, it's probably a sign that Hiddleston won't be Bond.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    There's too much hype on Hiddles and Bond at the moment. Sadly, that likely means he's not the guy. Pity imho.

It's more likely to be someone a little lower on the radar, like Turner.
    Craig is coming back.
  • I dearly hope not, re: Hiddleston. I'd rather it not be a really big actor like him.
  • DisneyBond007DisneyBond007 Welwyn Garden City
    What about the official news of the broadcasting rights to Bond will be held soon. I think ITV will not renew the contact with MGM to broadcast the films. Instead, it would be on BBC One every Wednesday nights if you can imagine the future?
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Aidan Turner or nothing. ;)
  • chrisisall wrote: »
    Aidan Turner or nothing. ;)

This.

Well actually, nothing would be quite lamentable...
    I dearly hope not, re: Hiddleston. I'd rather it not be a really big actor like him.

I agree, although I think I'd much prefer Hiddleston to Turner. Thankfully, though, assuming that EON continues their usual MO, neither will be Bond thanks to the amount of tabloid gossip that has linked them to the part so far.

My wife says that if Tom becomes James Bond she will finally watch the series. I can only hope it would segue her watching the whole franchise.
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 9,771
    bondjames wrote: »
    There's too much hype on Hiddles and Bond at the moment. Sadly, that likely means he's not the guy. Pity imho.

It's more likely to be someone a little lower on the radar, like Turner.

Turner has been rumored on various media outlets too..

Honestly For me the media seems to be pretty much trying to link every 30 -40 year old British actor to 007 as they figure if they link them all eventually they will be right...

How Hilarious would it be if Chris Hemsworth or his Brother Liam (both are Australian) wound up being the next 007...

as for me Night manager can't come fast enough.
    Hiddleston would not be a terrible choice, but he would be a big step down from Craig. Next.
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    edited April 2016 Posts: 1,727
    Hiddleston would not be a terrible choice, but he would be a big step down from Craig. Next.

Don't agree. Hiddleston would be a departure from the Craig style, but then isn't that the best way to move forward - by appointing a successor who is not a copy of the man he's replacing, but someone who brings his own, alternate approach to the role?

Whoever takes it on, he will have a mountain similar to the one Dalton faced to climb. So it stands to reason that we will need an excellent actor. Hiddleston and Hardy are the only excellent actors so far mentioned.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited April 2016 Posts: 23,883
    AceHole wrote: »

Don't agree. Hiddleston would be a departure from the Craig style, but then isn't that the best way to move forward - by appointing a successor who is not a copy of the man he's replacing, but someone who brings his own, alternate approach to the role?

Whoever takes it on, he will have a mountain similar to the one Dalton faced to climb. So it stands to reason that we will need an excellent actor. Hiddleston and Hardy are the only excellent actors so far mentioned.
    I agree that Hiddleston will be excellent, if different to Craig.

In my personal opinion, he will be superior to the Craig of today, if not the Craig of CR. In my view Craig peaked with his first film, where he gave a Connery worthy performance. Just my view.

I personally don't think that Craig's successor has the same mountain to climb as Moore's however. I have a feeling, depending on who they select, that he will be accepted by the majority of the audience, as long as the script and story is up to snuff (this is the key point).
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I have a feeling, depending on who they select, that he will be accepted by the majority of the audience, as long as the script and story is up to snuff (this is the key point).

I vehemently agree with this.

The script and directing is paramount, which is why at this point I don't even care who's Bond in Bond 25. I want to know who the director and script writers are.

• AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    edited April 2016 Posts: 1,727
    AceHole wrote: »

I agree that Hiddleston will be excellent, if different to Craig.

In my personal opinion, he will be superior to the Craig of today, if not the Craig of CR. In my view Craig peaked with his first film, where he gave a Connery worthy performance. Just my view.

I personally don't think that Craig's successor has the same mountain to climb as Moore's however. I have a feeling, depending on who they select, that he will be accepted by the majority of the audience, as long as the script and story is up to snuff (this is the key point).

Well... there is a whole generation of cinema goers and fans who have not experienced a Bond other than Craig. Most born in or after 1994 never knew anyone else as Bond. And then being served up a lanky, intellectual 007 in the vein of Hiddleston, for example's sake, will require some adjustment on the part of that audience demographic.

Remember, that demographic will be the (+/-)10 to 24 year olds by the time the next film is released. That is a HUGE audience (in terms of box office and as far as EoN are concerned) to win over.