No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Well EON is ready for the game. It's MGM that needs to stop twiddling their thumbs and pick someone.
    Welmgm is narrowed it down to three i guess
  • DonnyDB5DonnyDB5 Buffalo, New York
    This is slightly off topic, but why on earth has Charlize Theron never been a Bond girl? I saw her in a trailer for that new Huntsman movie. She is so freaking hot & she's in her 40s.

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    DonnyDB5 wrote: »
    This is slightly off topic, but why on earth has Charlize Theron never been a Bond girl? I saw her in a trailer for that new Huntsman movie. She is so freaking hot & she's in her 40s.

A grand opportunity to take Bond to South Africa as well.
    Barbara Broccoli is apparently set on getting Tom Hiddleston in as Craig's replacement.
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/tom-hiddleston-set-next-james-7679980

Sounds to me like I need to watch The Night Manager before making an opinion on Hiddleston

Tom-filming-The-Night-Manager-tom-hiddleston-38539059-1280-847.jpg
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    That might very well be a good news...

At least, it's news.
    Tabloid nonesense still we shall see what happens when it happens I guess
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    I think Hiddleston being Bond will give Bond the publicity, fanbase, and attention it needs right now.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    Hiddleston looks like Bond to me in that photograph. Suave, but with purpose. I have yet to see the Night Manager. Looking forward to it.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Barbara Broccoli is apparently set on getting Tom Hiddleston in as Craig's replacement.

Sounds to me like I need to watch The Night Manager before making an opinion on Hiddleston

Very interesting indeed. How accurate has The Mirror been in the past?
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I'm certain Hiddleston is now on the short short list of BB, it's logical after the Night Manager.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I can't even get that excited about whoever Bond is not until I know who's directing and who's writing. Craig is a great actor and Bond but he's been wasted for the most part of his tenure due to subpar scripts and troubled productions.
    When Skyfall came out, its financial victory was celebrated well. But, it has done damage to Craig's tenure big time as well... So you know what they say... "Victories of yesterday become the losses of today."
    re: distribution deal....It's an MGM decision, not an Eon decision.

That is most interesting, thanks for posting.

Only seen part 1 of TNM so far. We got the other 5 ready to watch them. It is just finding the time!!! ~X(
    edited April 2016 Posts: 23,883
    Perhaps Babs saw this recent performance on a Chicago news channel, blaming the weather on Thor.
    When Skyfall came out, its financial victory was celebrated well. But, it has done damage to Craig's tenure big time as well... So you know what they say... "Victories of yesterday become the losses of today."

SF has damaged DC's career? It's only got a 93% freshness rating from the critics on Rotten Tomatoes and a 7.8 on IMDB. The only place SF is rated other than a smashing success is this website.

I think TH shows a lot of promise, based on the Night Manager, which is the only time I've seen him. The only thing he seems to lack is a sense of fun - that naughty schoolboy quality that worked so well with SC, excusing him from some of darker aspects of his portrayal
    Troy wrote: »
    I think TH shows a lot of promise, based on the Night Manager, which is the only time I've seen him. The only thing he seems to lack is a sense of fun - that naughty schoolboy quality that worked so well with SC, excusing him from some of darker aspects of his portrayal
    Actually, that is exactly what I see in him and one of the attributes that I like. I think he does bring a welcome return to a 'sense of fun', at least in his interviews. Seems like an easy going chap.
  • TheWizardOfIceTheWizardOfIce 'One of the Internet's more toxic individuals'

The usual reliable source of 'An Insider' which is tabloid shorthand for 'we are just making this shit up because it's easier to do than actual journalism.'
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 6,432
    Sorry when I think of Bond I don't think of Hiddleston.

• jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    Birdleson wrote: »
    I really hope it's not someone obvious or that fans are clamoribg for.
    If he's right for the role, it really shouldn't matter.
    I remember when Craig was announced, I had seen Layer Cake and thought OK this could work. The outrage was pretty bad at the time (Craig being blonde sited as a problem was just stupid.) it is difficult until a actor is seen in the role.

I hope some actor appears out of left field, not just a actor that is current. People have there favorites though to me the casting of Bond has never what I would consider bad. Though it is obvious to me that Cubbys daughter makes different decisions to what Cubby perhaps would have made, or even Michael G Wilson for that matter.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    edited April 2016 Posts: 40,480
    I remember when Craig was announced, I had seen Layer Cake and thought OK this could work. The outrage was pretty bad at the time (Craig being blonde sited as a problem was just stupid.) it is difficult until a actor is seen in the role.

I hope some actor appears out of left field, not just a actor that is current. People have there favorites though to me the casting of Bond has never what I would consider bad. Though it is obvious to me that Cubbys daughter makes different decisions to what Cubby perhaps would have made, or even Michael G Wilson for that matter.

That's why I try to always give an actor the benefit of the doubt. The pre-film outrage of Craig being Bond or Ledger playing the Joker says you should never jump the gun in those assumptions, as some times, the craziest choice (or the one that sounds awful) ends up being the best.
    Not a fan of Hiddleston as a possibility though looking at it more objectively, he would be different and be another reinvention. Reinvention = longevity.
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    I want a good film for 'Bond 25,' that's what I want. Hire the proper director, screen writer, actors, whatever you need to make that happen, please.
  • DisneyBond007DisneyBond007 Welwyn Garden City
    Not a fan of Hiddleston as a possibility though looking at it more objectively, he would be different and be another reinvention. Reinvention = longevity.

To me, i was a fan of Tom Hiddleston. He plays Loki in "Thor", "Avengers Assemble" (even for the trailer itself on BBC1), "Thor: The Dark World", and the upcoming "Thor: Ragnarok". I would looking forward of him to play James Bond once the filming of the next Thor movie is finished.
    Tom does look a bit older and more rugged in that picture.

In a Hollywood that is so entrenched in franchise, longevity is the key. Don't get me wrong I like many of these big blockbuster films, though franchises are hurting creativity. Studios only care for the most part whether they can make a Billion dollar movie and don't care how they achieve it.
    edited April 2016 Posts: 15,423

SF has damaged DC's career? It's only got a 93% freshness rating from the critics on Rotten Tomatoes and a 7.8 on IMDB. The only place SF is rated other than a smashing success is this website.
    Career and tenure are two different things. It damaged Craig's run on Bond, not his career. If anything, the success of the film gave his name more value on the celebrity rating list. It's the chronology and the timeline that's damaged on many accounts.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    edited April 2016 Posts: 9,020
    Hiddleston would make a good Bond and it all depends on how the movie will be written and directed.

If I was forced to just say yes or no to him today, it would be a YES and I would look forward to seeing him as Bond.

Not saying he is my first choice but I sure could live with him very well.
  • edited April 2016 Posts: 5,745
    Birdleson wrote: »
    Longevity isn't really a plus with me.

Indeed. One can only want longevity if they find the actor suitable. A lot of bad Bond movies don't equal to fewer, better Bond movies.

On that note I am completely open to Hiddleston as Bond. It's not vital, but I sort of hope they dye his hair dark and give him the comma curl if he gets the role.