No Time To Die: Production Diary

Comments

• 007Blofeld007Blofeld In the freedom of the West.
    edited March 2019 Posts: 3,126
    Denbigh wrote: »
    bondsum wrote: »
    I don’t think they’d have the press conference after the production was totally complete @007Blofeld. My thinking is before they return to Pinewood for interior and set shots. However I don’t know when that is. Does anyone have the actual dates for when they’re scheduled to begin shooting at Pinewood?
    Well people believe it's the 5th. I think @Pierce2Daniel heard something about either the 4th or the 5th, and there was something floating around about Ben Whishaw saying shooting begins on the 5th so all this talk about the 1st April could be true.

If it was me I'd have it on the 1st, and then reveal Shatterhand as the title as a big "APRIL FOOLS", then reveal (Insert Better Bond Title Here) as the real title :)

I'm actually going to Pinewood Studios tomorrow, quite excited, I've never been before.

@Denbigh try to give us a scoop on what you know coming back ;)
    ToTheRight wrote: »
    That last image confirms that the film is indeed Bond 25, instead of something else. Good to see, despite it not revealing anything else.

I like it's referred to as B25. Makes me wondering if this is a DAD situation where production has commenced and Eon haven't settled on a title yet?
    QoS, as well. Filming started and they settled on a title only a few days before the press conference that occurred in January 2008. The clapper for the film had “B22” written on it all the time.

True. I always wondered if the Quantum organization was shoehorned in at the last minute so the title would make sense within the plot.

I believed that was confirmed at the time by Wilson
    bondsum wrote: »
    Over a dozen pages ago I asked was it conceivable that B25 would not get its traditional press conference before the first day of shooting. Now I ask is it possible that the press conference might be held over until they begin shooting at Pinewood, after the Norwegian shoot is over? Meantime the production will proceed quietly and go about its business until they feel ready to make that big announcement. Either way I’m not that bothered. So long as they’re actually making the movie, I’m quite happy about this clandestine operation.

I don’t think there’s been any indication otherwise?
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    That last image confirms that the film is indeed Bond 25, instead of something else. Good to see, despite it not revealing anything else.

I like it's referred to as B25. Makes me wondering if this is a DAD situation where production has commenced and Eon haven't settled on a title yet?
    QoS, as well. Filming started and they settled on a title only a few days before the press conference that occurred in January 2008. The clapper for the film had “B22” written on it all the time.

True. I always wondered if the Quantum organization was shoehorned in at the last minute so the title would make sense within the plot.

except it doesn't lol...

thats one thing about QOS and naming the organization Quantum that has always annoyed me... because the name of the organization being Quantum has no connection to the title.. we as Bond fans know what the title means - but someone not as keen would be sitting there trying to connect those two dots of name and title, and probably blow a fuse trying to sense out of it... in hindsight, like i've said, they should've just left the organization nameless - and actually - this would be the one case in my life where i would be fine with going back and altering previous films... airbrush out all the Q pin nonsense from QOS, as well as Greene' saying "quantum" at the end - get him back into the booth to have him say "who i work for."..... then in SP, remove the mentions of Quantum in there as well (simple ADR fix)....... i know thats very George Lucas of me, and it would probably tick off a lot of people here - but if they ever had the inkling to go down that road - i'd be for it.
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    what are the chances we get no presser at all?

i know Bond has always done them - but who's to say that they maybe will skip this one?.. since they are being so secretive already around this shoot in Norway - maybe they don't want to announce Cast and Crew stuff yet, as to not spoil a reveal?........ just a thought..... i mean, i think Bond might be the only film franchise that does pre-shoot pressers... most companies these days roll right into filming and save the reveals of everything once they drop a trailer.
    DJCLE84 wrote: »
    what are the chances we get no presser at all?.

Skip the publicity-event? Not gonna happen.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 17,280
    007Blofeld wrote: »
    Damn, completely forgot to add the spoiler tag before posting! Really, really sorry, @007Blofeld!

That's ok your forgiven @Torgeirtrap

Good! Luckily it looks like there's more to the sequence than what you can guess from that little potential spoiler. :-)

Ok so I wasn't spoiled? :-) @Torgeirtrap

@007Blofeld
    There's been a description of a scene mentioned in various news articles after one newspaper (I believe it was) got access to some papers relating to the production in Norway. It's difficult to predict how this scene will tie in with the plot, and there's no character names mentioned.

In other words, the spoiler I forgot to put in brackets was as little a spoiler as you can get, IMO. :-)
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    I wonder if the clapperboard they're using actually has the film's title on it.

To prevent a leak, they'll mark the board Bond 25 or B25 until the title is officially announced.
    ColonelSun wrote: »
    To prevent a leak, they'll mark the board Bond 25 or B25 until the title is officially announced.
    I see. Is it possible that the clapperboard would later change the B25 title to the official one? Or would that spark legal problems?
    I see. Is it possible that the clapperboard would later change the B25 title to the official one? Or would that spark legal problems?

Oh yes, they'll just update the boards along with all the call sheets etc. as soon as the title is official. No legal issues at all.
    Oh yes, they'll just update the boards along with all the call sheets etc. as soon as the title is official. No legal issues at all.
    Excellent. Thanks, Colonel.
    Why would it spark legal problems?

Registry problem and whatnot. That's what I thought it'd be.
    Registry problem and whatnot. That's what I thought it'd be.

You're not completely wrong. I once directed a film in which we had to use an alternative title on the clapperboard because a percentage of the budget had been privately raised through EIS (hundreds of private investors) for another script, but at the last minute, for a whole bunch of complicated reasons, that script had to be dumped and I was brought in with an alternative script. All the investors were informed of the change, but, to cover legal, we still had to use the original title on the board and call sheets until we finished filming.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK
    The stuntman who posted some of the other photos we’ve seen at Pinewood has just posted this. I wonder if this is in Norway:
    I cant see it on this work PC @Denbigh ...what is he saying matey ?
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    The stuntman who posted some of the other photos we’ve seen at Pinewood has just posted this. I wonder if this is in Norway:

He’s definitely there, no doubt about it. The orange/yellow wooden background gives away that he’s in from of the house build on location.
  • DenbighDenbigh UK

He’s definitely there, no doubt about it. The orange/yellow wooden background gives away that he’s in from of the house build on location.
    I thought so too :)
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 17,280

Interesting. Wonder if he'll…
    actually portray one of the intruders, or if he'll "just" perform stunts.

Edit: the cabin for comparison:

6434717.jpg
    Damn, completely forgot to add the spoiler tag before posting! Really, really sorry, @007Blofeld!

That's ok your forgiven @Torgeirtrap

Good! Luckily it looks like there's more to the sequence than what you can guess from that little potential spoiler. :-)

Ok so I wasn't spoiled? :-) @Torgeirtrap

@007Blofeld
    There's been a description of a scene mentioned in various news articles after one newspaper (I believe it was) got access to some papers relating to the production in Norway. It's difficult to predict how this scene will tie in with the plot, and there's no character names mentioned.

In other words, the spoiler I forgot to put in brackets was as little a spoiler as you can get, IMO. :-)

@Torgeirtrap ok that's good
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Any more made up posters in the Production thread will be removed. There is a perfectly good thread for that already.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 4,400
    aniYH5b_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

As some know, I was a little disheartened when fans started spamming the crew after they leaked Instagram stories as it only scares them off.

Nonetheless, people can rest assured that the above Instagram story is confirmation that Cary Fukunaga has left Norway. I guess filming there has finished.....now on to Pinewood? I guess.
  • edited March 2019 Posts: 4,619
    It has been repeatedly reported that filming in Norway would end on the 2nd of April.
  • Bentley007Bentley007 Manitoba, Canada
    edited March 2019 Posts: 567

As some know, I was a little disheartened when fans started spamming the crew after they leaked Instagram stories as it only scares them off.

Nonetheless, people can rest assured that the above Instagram story is confirmation that Cary Fukunaga has left Norway. I guess filming there has finished.....now on to Pinewood? I guess.

Maybe he has just finished overseeing the filming and is now leaving it to second unit fir the rest of the week.

So theres no more filming in norway. If thats the case ,then I was correct. SOmeone on here told me they spent a lot of money and it wouldnt be a short shoot . haha
  • QQ7QQ7 Croatia
    aaron819 wrote: »
    Hi Guys!

I live in Belgrade, Serbia.

Many news outlets are reporting it including Blic, Story.rs, Telegraf.rs, Informer, RTV. All pretty reliable news sources and Serbia has very reliable reporters. They say it’s probably for Bond, but no mention of killing him off in the reliable sources but he is in Belgrade currently - that’s for sure

I’ll keep you posted! :)

What a load of rubbish, "Kurir", "Blic" and "Telegraf" put "Daily Mail" and "The Sun" to shame.
  • Red_SnowRed_Snow Australia
    edited March 2019 Posts: 2,496
    Some pics of the set taken by local skiiers:

51956182_331429497579247_1720305932733949233_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fsyd3-1.fna.fbcdn.net

52952783_296673607693408_1566267348245307822_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fsyd3-1.fna.fbcdn.net

53006271_313754142618828_3960420390473101306_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fsyd3-1.fna.fbcdn.net

53020508_125501118565669_2806065434405512956_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fsyd3-1.fna.fbcdn.net

53267149_2208730209183433_7047342976241755921_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fsyd3-1.fna.fbcdn.net

(via
    )
    edited March 2019 Posts: 3,126

Um that's not Norway's flag that's Denmark I know my flags it looks like the one hiding in the way lower left hand corner is though
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Some pics of the set taken by local skiiers:

51956182_331429497579247_1720305932733949233_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fsyd3-1.fna.fbcdn.net

52952783_296673607693408_1566267348245307822_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fsyd3-1.fna.fbcdn.net

53006271_313754142618828_3960420390473101306_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fsyd3-1.fna.fbcdn.net

53020508_125501118565669_2806065434405512956_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fsyd3-1.fna.fbcdn.net

53267149_2208730209183433_7047342976241755921_n.jpg?_nc_ht=instagram.fsyd3-1.fna.fbcdn.net

(via
    )

Nice pics but nothing of real interest. Just more showy shots with nothing to really indicate whats going on. excited though