Spectre title song - Writing's on the Wall

Comments

• EiragornEiragorn Hessia
    Breaking: The SPECTRE title sequence:

Someone with long hairs dancing weirdly CHECK
    Music by Radiohead CHECK
    Conclusion: Must be credible :D
  • Lets all watch this video of Sam denying he's singing the song. Looks so convincing, yet, he's just lying. isn't he???
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    He's exaggerating. ;)
  • Isn't the spe
    AdaShelby wrote: »
    Cannot wait to hear it. I actually made this ages ago when he was rumoured. SO NOBODY GETS CONFUSED THIS ISN'T A REAL PICTURE.

latest?cb=20141224232958

Do you think the spectre ring on Sam's hand is official enough. I believe it is, but an actually official confirmation is needed.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    Let's just pretend for a moment Smith's twitter was only a "joke" and he isn't the one doing the song as he always has claimed.

Smith would really, really hurt his career by that move and create a shitstorm of gigantic proportions once it would be clear that he isn't the Bond theme singer.
    There are several newspapers around the world that have written today, that Sam Smith indeed is the Bond theme singer. Some even said: it is confirmed.
    Imagine how those journalists will feel if they realise it was a hoax.

That's why I'm certain it's true: Tomorrow an official statement will be made and a release date for the song will be known or it is even released tomorrow.
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 654
    Do we know around what time we will get the announcement tomorrow? And will they really release the song at this point? Isn't it a bit too soon?
  • ThunderpussyThunderpussy My Secret Lair
    Might be released for radio plays, before going on sale ?
  • NickTwentyTwoNickTwentyTwo Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Maybe Sam Smith is just a big bond fan and got himself a ring made that looks like the one from Spectre, and just wanted to take a neat picture of himself with it and show it to his fans.
  • HMBFFHMBFF Lisboa, Portugal
    People! Before we jump into wrong conclusions, can anyone confirm if Paul Dunphy is a reliable source? I know he works at BBC Radio Leeds, but couldn't he just be making a joke involving the top names rumoured to sing the SPECTRE title song, like 'in a perfect world' scenario?
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork

That's why I'm certain it's true: Tomorrow an official statement will be made and a release date for the song will be known or it is even released tomorrow.

You're certain it's true???For a few pages you've been saying it's a ruse.
  • EiragornEiragorn Hessia
    Let's just pretend for a moment Smith's twitter was only a "joke" and he isn't the one doing the song as he always has claimed.

Smith would really, really hurt his career by that move and create a shitstorm of gigantic proportions once it would be clear that he isn't the Bond theme singer.
    There are several newspapers around the world that have written today, that Sam Smith indeed is the Bond theme singer. Some even said: it is confirmed.
    Imagine how those journalists will feel if they realise it was a hoax.

So journalists will bring out the forks because THEY misinterpreted a wordless hint?! They rather have to explain themselves for stating something as a fact that has not been officially confirmed. Remember the early "confirmation" of Adele's SkyFall which wasn't official by any means but taken for that by many known news outlets. Sam Smith is not to blame for premature sensationalism before the fact.
  • DrGorner wrote: »
    Might be released for radio plays, before going on sale ?

The strange thing is my father is the head of a Swedish public service radio station. Every time a new song is to be released by a bigger artist he will get it one day before into the radio archives to be able to play it the moment it's been released officially. Yet he hasn't received anything today... I might be wrong...
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    doubleoego wrote: »

You're certain it's true???For a few pages you've been saying it's a ruse.

You misunderstand.

It's a ruse that Smith is doing a duet with Goulding written by Radiohead.

Quoting myself from page 65: 6:18 hours

Every single time something big is coming, EON officially confirmes it a day before. Why not this time? Why no "look out for big news tomorrow" type tweet?
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 591
    I've seen a lot of people state that Sam wouldn't have had permission to do that. How do you know? To me, it's a clever way of announcing it.
  • chipstickschipsticks NOT on TheDanielCraigForum where they think know Daniel Craig personally and Léa and Monica are ugly
    Can we all have a a drink and wait patiently until tomorrow

d4aac4adc12513a1a122782175f80546.gif

de577f70103cde99c58b021dbe6baaef.gif
    The only release should be the novel.
    The reason I think Smith is clearly doing the title song, is that I can't believe he'd be dumb enough to risk seriously embarrassing himself, by in effect strongly implying it the day before with a too obvious tweet, and then having to walk it all back a day later.
  • I hope that the song is misterious whatever happens and the words need to make you feel like there is suspense, the recent words have not done that

a spectre is behind me
    do I draw my gun?
    I need to do it well
    it should not be fun

death is right here
    I smell it in the air
    what was that?
    was that a spectre over there?

I think of the deaths I know of
    of my family and women I love
    what was that on my shoulder
    was it the spectres glove?

they took my youth, then they took my boss
    they make you an instrument of death
    but I will fight the spectre
    until my dying breath

• PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    edited September 2015 Posts: 3,675
    11909328_1680894122123684_2085624089_n.jpg

I hate to say it, but that ring looks pretty official, as if given to him by the prop department. Not good.I think

I'm one sad pug in a tuxedo. Can't believe EON would choose this option. When Skyfall was released, I didn't like Adele, and then she blew me away with Skyfall. I can hope with Smith, but I just don't know.
  • It wouldn't surprise me if, by EONs wicked sense of humour, they have roped in Sam Smith and Ellie Goulding to divert attention from the real artist for the promise of some involvement later in the franchise.

Unlikely though.
    SaintMark wrote: »
    What annoys me most is that EON releases this news on the day of the TRIGGER MORTIS novel, I find that a bad decision by EON, instead of keeping 007 in the news we get everything at the same time. I only hope that SPECTRE is not as poor as the decision making by EON so far.

I think EON is probably more than happy that their song announcement will trump any buzz for the book release. Horowitz didn't have to trash SP before even seeing it, and I won't even touch on the tons of controversy he rained down on SP with his comments about Elba. If the book is good, it will do OK, but Horowitz deserves a thumping for his bad jusgement on the way he is chose to advertise his book. After all, choosing the right words is his profession.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, Lord knows we all yak endlessly with them, but he is using the mantle of "Fleming's successor." There are millions of idiots out there that think he is representing the film producers and many are tweeting and trash talking about SP and Craig because of Horowitz's comments about Elba. I shed no tears for him.

• SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    FYI you can get the rings on ebay for £9.00
    smitty wrote: »
    What annoys me most is that EON releases this news on the day of the TRIGGER MORTIS novel, I find that a bad decision by EON, instead of keeping 007 in the news we get everything at the same time. I only hope that SPECTRE is not as poor as the decision making by EON so far.

I think EON is probably more than happy that their song announcement will trump any buzz for the book release. Horowitz didn't have to trash SP before even seeing it, and I won't even touch on the tons of controversy he rained down on SP with his comments about Elba. If the book is good, it will do OK, but Horowitz deserves a thumping for his bad jusgement on the way he is chose to advertise his book. After all, choosing the right words is his profession.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions, Lord knows we all yak endlessly with them, but he is using the mantle of "Fleming's successor." There are millions of idiots out there that think he is representing the film producers and many are tweeting and trash talking about SP and Craig because of Horowitz's comments about Elba. I shed no tears for him.

Then again you make it personal while I consider it sheer stupidity to release two long awaited 007 related releases. It reeks of somebody having bad timing or having no sense of how maximise the amount of publicity the brand 007. EON should consider firing the moron.
    Then again you make it personal while I consider it sheer stupidity to release two long awaited 007 related releases. It reeks of somebody having bad timing or having no sense of how maximise the amount of publicity the brand 007. EON should consider firing the moron.

The literary James Bond brand is a completely different from the cinematic James Bond one. EON doesn't have any reason to give a shit about contemporary Bond novels.
  • Mendes4LyfeMendes4Lyfe The long road ahead
    I agree with @Pistachio, literary Bond is dead. The only reasons Bond novels are still being written is because the films are so popular that people see 'JAMES BOND' on the cover and buy it. Most people don't even know they're still making them.
    Is their time for the announcement? Will keep an ear open on the radio for any news? Sam Smith equals another ballad?!
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    edited September 2015 Posts: 4,043
    Adele needed Epworth to come up with Skyfall, I'm sorry but some white boy soul falsetto singing pop singer has not got the chops for writing a Bond theme.

If he has indeed got the job I guarantee even if Yorke & Greenwood didn't write it he'll will have had some serious help composing it or more likely he's singing someone else's song. Lets remember it's only with the Craig era and some exceptions in the series that the artist singing is actually written the song they are performing.

This is why the rumour Yorke & Greenwood composing it for Smith & EG makes perfect sense.
  • OnlyManWhoCanOnlyManWhoCan Greater London
    I dunno why people think EON would be in competition with the launch of Trigger Mortis - if anything the announcement of the song will help the book and interest in the book will help out the film!

It's not like the book will turn people off seeing the film
  • edited September 2015 Posts: 591
    RogueAgent wrote: »
    Is their time for the announcement? Will keep an ear open on the radio for any news? Sam Smith equals another ballad?!

It's probably not reliable but in this article about it, at the end, they mention tomorrow morning being the time we'll all find out and hear it for ourselves. I assumed we'd get it around 5pm UK time and we still could.

http://www.hitfix.com/motion-captured/exclusive-when-can-you-hear-the-new-james-bond-theme-song-for-yourself