Spectre title song - Writing's on the Wall

Comments

• 4EverBonded4EverBonded the Ballrooms of Mars
    It has not been stated what time the announcement will be? Anybody see where it stated the hour? I am 8 hrs ahead of you and trying to plan ...
  • It has not been stated what time the announcement will be? Anybody see where it stated the hour? I am 8 hrs ahead of you and trying to plan ...

So am I. How will we know?
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    mcdonbb wrote: »
    I'd rather listen to angry vomiting monkeys ...or AWTD even ..than Sam Smith. What a horrible thing to do to Daniel Kliennman :( ..

no.. selecting Madonna was a cruel punishment to bestow upon Kleinman.. imagine having to listen to that crap - over and over and over and over as you create / edit / fine tune the opening titles... surprised he wasn't driven insane.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    FACEBOOK-SAM-SMITH_NO.LEGAL_.jpg
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Cool pic
    So no duet but it says "co written". Although I feel like they would have announced the co writer if it was somebody significant.

"Writing's on the Wall" I actually don't hate that title. It's funny that Craig has only had one song with the actual title of his film it in so far though
  • RC7RC7
    edited September 2015 Posts: 10,512
    FACEBOOK-SAM-SMITH_NO.LEGAL_.jpg

Can't wait. Although we'll have to, until the 25th!

Co-written by Sam Smith.
  • It's starting to make sense now.

How long until we get the actual song? A month?
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    @marketto007 Is this official?
    It's starting to make sense now.

According to Facebook, the song will be available September 25
  • RC7RC7
    It's starting to make sense now.

25th.
  • Pajan005Pajan005 Stockholm, Sweden
    edited September 2015 Posts: 432

Wow. Thanks mate. I felt pretty certain that they were gonna call the song "Spectre". Although that title doesn't sound that bad
  • HASEROTHASEROT has returned like the tedious inevitability of an unloved season---
    dammit. lol

i was hoping for something today :(
  • JohnHammond73JohnHammond73 Lancashire, UK
    Fair play. Really like the cover for the track. No surprise that the tune isn't called "Spectre" really, in my opinion anyway. Well, roll on the 25th and I hope to find that it's a worthy Bond track.
    I bet that guy who tried to bet all that money on Radiohead right now feels a little relieved that he was shut down...

I'm still interested if this co writer of the song turns out to be members from Radiohead or Ellie Goulding. But for now, the duet rumor is debunked
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    OK, so it's official now. Odd name for the song but I will reserve my opinion until I hear the tune.
    Just heard it this minute on the radio. Thank god that news is out of the way! :) Sam Smith - I have my reservations but we'll see..
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    The official announcement (from 007.com):
    SAM SMITH TO SING TITLE SONG FOR SPECTRE
    Posted 08.09.2015

The theme song for SPECTRE will be performed by Sam Smith it was officially
    announced today. The track, ‘Writing’s On The Wall’, was co-written by Smith and fellow GRAMMY© Award winner Jimmy Napes and it’s the first James Bond theme song recorded by a British male solo artist since 1965.

Commenting on the announcement, Michael G. Wilson and Barbara Broccoli, the producers of SPECTRE, said, “Sam and Jimmy have written the most inspirational song for Spectre and with Sam’s extraordinary vocal performance, ‘Writing’s On The Wall’ will surely be considered one of the greatest Bond songs of all time.”

Smith said: “This is one of the highlights of my career. I am honoured to finally announce that I will be singing the next Bond theme song. I am so excited to be a part of this iconic British legacy and join an incredible line up of some of my biggest musical inspirations. I hope you all enjoy the song as much as I enjoyed making it.”

The song will debut and be available to purchase and stream on September 25.
    bondbat007 wrote: »
    I bet that guy who tried to bet all that money on Radiohead right now feels a little relieved that he was shut down...

I'm still interested if this co writer of the song turns out to be members from Radiohead or Ellie Goulding. But for now, the duet rumor is debunked

Co-written by Smith and Jimmy Napes, who has worked with him before. Grammy winner etc - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Napes

Interesting song name. Hope it'll be good.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    "Don't Say it!"
    gadget1_2378069b.jpg
    bondbat007 wrote: »

Co-written by Smith and Jimmy Napes, who has worked with him before. Grammy winner etc - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jimmy_Napes

Ah well that's that then. Well lets all reserve judgment until the 25th then. Or more likely, I'm sure we'll get some sort of tease before then
  • "Writing's On The Wall"

19728837988_73bbbe1c50_o.png
  • "Writing's On The Wall"

19728837988_73bbbe1c50_o.png

"You know my name". Brings it all full circle.
    Murdock wrote: »
    "Don't Say it!"
    gadget1_2378069b.jpg

Ha well done!
  • I have mixed feelings about Smith.

On one side; I understand the decision. He's a massive commercial artist who is extremely "current". He dominates social media and has a huge following. Furthermore, he's very talented and has an amazing voice. In fact, it's fair to say he's been covering Adele since she went on maternity leave. They have the same operatic and theatrical style and are known for their ballards. He makes sense. Too much sense. Smith (like Adele) is a painfully obvious choice.

On the other hand, he is good. Especially in his one-off collaborations, especially with Disclosure. This is a fantastic song:

I'm also a bit pissed off that the song isn't called "Spectre", it's a bloody great word and a fantastic title. What's wrong with Smith?!? The title lends itself so well to a song. Has he just contributed a song to the soundtrack that he already had written?
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    The excitement will be palpable, and on the 25th everyone will come on here to slag the song off and proclaim the end of civilisation as we know it. Can't wait.
    ;)
    Now it's announced, the excitement will build up until the release of the track. Looking forward to it now. While not a fan of Sam Smith, I'll be hoping that he smashes it with this tune. MGW and BB are hyping it up so let's hope it doesn't disappoint. Although, to be fair, we'll all have our own opinions on it and I'm sure it won't please everybody. He's a big name in British music so I'm confident, either way, he'll have a big hit on his hands.
  • MalloryMallory Do mosquitoes have friends?
    Well, the BBC are quoting Smith as saying it was recorded in January.

No reason for it not to be included in Newman's score then...