Spectre title song - Writing's on the Wall

Comments

Good man! :D ;)
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    talos7 wrote: »
    Out of curiosity, what makes her a charlatan?

She´s kinda off the radar now so I don´t know if she has changed, but in the beginning at least she was so fake with her entire eccentricity. People can say about Madonna and her Peter Pan syndrome all they want, but at least she´s always been weird. Lady Gaga, on the other hand, just invents all of this bullshit around her monster fanbase or whatever and has always pretended to be the way she is just for the sake of it. She has no integrity whatsoever.

Fascinating, I think a negative portrait can be painted of just about any performer. I find her to be an immensely talented performer who is using the success of her early career as a springboard to reach a broader audience with a greater range of material.
  • edited April 2015 Posts: 1,215

All she said was...

Nat: "the Bond folk (EON) wanted something with a bit of grit and attitude Sony A&R put the Bond peeps on to AM and the track "Crawling back to you". (No doubt it was a political move, Sony are to announce a 4 album deal with the band, that's a hot potato let out the bag a while back, a substantial bit of cash involved, Monkeys are keen to have more international recognition so it was win, win)

ME: Do you have the title of a sample?

Nat: I have only been given what I believe is a working title "Caught up in my sights." nobody hear has been allowed to hear the track but have no fear Monkeys kick ass, sure excuse the pun it will kill. Anyway back to the organ grinder stay classy"

If this is truly the case, then I am BEYOND thrilled. I was expecting them to go for a more traditional route, in which case I would've liked Sia, as I've mentioned before, but interestingly enough, the second time I read the script I was listening to "Do I Wanna Know?" in the background, and I thought the music was very fitting for Craig's Bond and that it would make a very cool theme for Spectre, and now low and behold...
  • Not exactly about Spectre, but I found this little known Michael Jackson song that incorporates a few Bondian musical motifs. I wonder if the king was a 007 fan.

• M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
  • PropertyOfALadyPropertyOfALady Colders Federation CEO
    Well we know who those guys are pulling for. When do you think we'll find out who it is?
    july or august.
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    M_Balje wrote: »

It won't be Bassy. And better it not be, anyways. I'm not a fan of her themes, except Diamonds Are Forever. They need someone will a commercial appeal.
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    edited April 2015 Posts: 10,588

It won't be Bassy. And better it not be, anyways. I'm not a fan of her themes, except Diamonds Are Forever. They need someone will a commercial appeal.
    While I would love it if Bassy came back to do the theme and enjoy her previous ones, I do agree that they will definitely choose someone with mass commercial appeal.
    jake24 wrote: »

While I would love it if Bassy came back to do the theme and enjoy her previous ones, I do agree that they will definitely choose someone with mass commercial appeal.

What do you think (and also everyone on the forum) think the Bond theme should be like, using other themes as reference based on what we seen so far?
  • jake24jake24 Sitting at your desk, kissing your lover, eating supper with your familyModerator
    jake24 wrote: »

What do you think (and also everyone on the forum) think the Bond theme should be like, using other themes as reference based on what we seen so far?
    Definitely dark and moody. Sung by a powerful artist. At this point I usually don't even bother speculating anything about the theme song as we won't find out who's doing it for at least another five months.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    This is a great video and a great campaign...
    =D>
  • DoctorKaufmannDoctorKaufmann Can shoot you from Stuttgart and still make it look like suicide.
    How about Stanley Rogers? His Octopussy theme sounded quite good.

But his Apocalypse Now song is excellent.
    And I am sure he would come up with lyrics which could rhyme with "Spectre". ;) :-SS
  • I don't know if they have been mentioned yet but Kasabian would be another great choice. I think it's the right time for the franchise to welcome back an alternative/rock/indie homegrown group like them, Arctic Monkeys, U2, Muse, etc.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pBsQVP-Olmw"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jfAx3WmOQjM"; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    Good choice, but I doubt it will be them.
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain
    edited April 2015 Posts: 1,727
    Once you listen to that 'Last of the shadow puppets' album that Artic Monkey's front man Alex Turner once did, you just cannot believe that they have not yet been asked by EoN.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    AceHole wrote: »
    Once you listen to that 'Last of the shadow puppets' album that Artic Monkey's front man Alex Turner once did, you just cannot believe that they have not yet been asked by EoN.

Well if you look back a few pages, you may see that my friends in publishing believe they have already.
    As much as I like AM, I don't think they're suited to Spectre's style. I could have seen them with DAD, CR, QoS but I don't see how they could produce something as amazing as Adele's Skyfall.
    they could easily dos a song better then Skyfall :D
    As much as I like AM, I don't think they're suited to Spectre's style. I could have seen them with DAD, CR, QoS but I don't see how they could produce something as amazing as Adele's Skyfall.

Adele is over rated shite her voice warfles the song is non progressive and goes nowhere if they could have found more words that rhymed with Skyfall it might have had 4 more verses.

You like us all have seen 30 seconds on a teaser trailer can't see how it's possible to say I don't think they're suited to Spectre's style. Explain what style is that? We really have no idea yet what Spectre as a movie will be.
  • ShardlakeShardlake Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
    Arctics are much better suited to SPECTRE, I don't see Adele or Sam Smith doing justice to a sinister title like SP. l

You can't do something ballad like with a title like that, it has to have more attitude, Alex Turner has shown many times that he can deliver and this could be the best song of the Craig era if it happens

How SF is genius I find hard to believe, it's a pleasant and adequate theme that suits the titles perfectly but outside of the film it goes nowhere and is somewhat bland, Barry's themes now they are genius, Adele's effort isn't even close.

If they've got the job I'd say we are in safe hands.
  • AceHoleAceHole Belgium, via Britain

Shardlake wrote: »
    Arctics are much better suited to SPECTRE, I don't see Adele or Sam Smith doing justice to a sinister title like SP.

Quite.
    They were going in the right direction with Cornell’s ‘YKMN’ – a gritty, up-tempo rock song with orchestral elements that suited Dan’s 007 to a T. Then they tried something more avant-garde with QoS which didn’t quite work, but kudos for giving it a go.
    Suddenly, after having established the new ‘Craig’ sound, along comes Adele trying to invoke the spirit of the mid 60’s, which just felt…odd.

AceHole wrote: »
    Shardlake wrote: »
    Arctics are much better suited to SPECTRE, I don't see Adele or Sam Smith doing justice to a sinister title like SP.

Quite.
    They were going in the right direction with Cornell’s ‘YKMN’ – a gritty, up-tempo rock song with orchestral elements that suited Dan’s 007 to a T. Then they tried something more avant-garde with QoS which didn’t quite work, but kudos for giving it a go.
    Suddenly, after having established the new ‘Craig’ sound, along comes Adele trying to invoke the spirit of the mid 60’s, which just felt…odd.

Yes agree, themes should have that mix of rocking it up a bit but with contempary elements like "You know my name" that theme is a perfect representation. But David Arnold was a bit of a failed Rocker so he could work well with current bands, Thomas Newman although I love him as a composer I can't see him working with a band to add the classic elements to the theme.
  • edited May 2015 Posts: 20
    I've just been informed that the Arctic Monkeys have been seen at Abbey Road Studios for a 3-day session to record a single with Paul Epworth (not their usual producer).

Using Abbey Road, and Paul Epworth, only to create a single song, makes you wonder if it's for the Bond theme.

Wouldn't be my first choice (or second or third) for the title track, but an interesting choice if it is true.
    Think it's great news if true (and it does sound like it could be). Very good band, I'd love to see them tackle a Bond theme, and I think given how popular they are (especially since their last album which has made them big in America), they're a plausible choice too.

Much better choice than Adele, imo. Thanks for the info @webside80
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    I would doubt it but who can say in these matters?
    I postes this week's ago on the theme track thread I got it from a friend at a publishing house who was processing PRS paperwork.
  • I mentioned a few pages back that a classic act was up for the song. Well. it's not going to happen now - so that was a waste of everyone's time, sorry. I got the impression it was v much a Babs over Mendes/Craig decision. So definitely expect Lana Del Rey / Adele / Gaga or similar, I'm afraid. Oh well...
    Since they won't do it can you let us know who it was
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Yes, who do you feel was the classic band?