Spectre title song - Writing's on the Wall

Comments

webside80 wrote:
    I've just been informed that the Arctic Monkeys have been seen at Abbey Road Studios for a 3-day session to record a single with Paul Epworth (not their usual producer).

Using Abbey Road, and Paul Epworth, only to create a single song, makes you wonder if it's for the Bond theme.

Wouldn't be my first choice (or second or third) for the title track, but an interesting choice if it is true.

Where did you get this information??

Alex Turner is a legend

tumblr_static_bqkjqpemkdko0w804g8osgkwk.jpg
  • If this is true I'll be so happy, cause they're my favourite band. Plus, it seems more likely it will because now that's two pieces of information that supports the idea that they'll be doing the theme and two bits of very good information as well.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    I don't know many Arctic songs, but I enjoyed the few I listened to. Plus, I think their style would fit SPECTRE, whereas I think a ballad like Skyfall wouldn't (I love Skyfall, it just wouldn't work for a sinister film).
    There's a new thread on this but want to add it to the news here - looks like whoever had that Arctic Monkeys scoop was right as they were spotted at Abbey Road recording with Paul Epworth.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland
    edited May 2015 Posts: 2,138
    As I posted in the other thread it was Crawling Back to you being performed on the Pyramid stage at Glastonbury last year that got them the required attention. It's documented Dan is a fan. I would love a theme to the same style great riff lot of energy and attitude.
    PS if Turner turned actor he would make a good Bond in a few years sharp looking young man great Bondonian look.

• RC7RC7
    Epworth's instagram suggests he's in Santa Monica and has been for the last week.
  • M_BaljeM_Balje Amsterdam, Netherlands
    edited May 2015 Posts: 4,442
    That Epworth guy is besides a writer for Adele also writer for Coldplay, Paul McCartney Bruno Mars, John Legend and Lana Del Rey. From those i say Coldplay or Del Ray.

• dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    What I like about Lana del Rey is that she has a slightly sinister and monotone (in a good way) voice which comes off as cold and robotic, which I find would fit a "Spectre" theme.
    She is officially out of the running I believe she has already been public about her disappointment about being overlooked. I think she is a poor version of Florence Welsh. I would rather have Florence if they went with a female.
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    edited May 2015 Posts: 17,805
    Hmmmm...perhaps there is some credence to this story after all...or is there? The plot thickens.

Anyhow, it would be an interesting choice of band for a James Bond song.
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I would not mind.
    She is officially out of the running I believe she has already been public about her disappointment about being overlooked. I think she is a poor version of Florence Welsh. I would rather have Florence if they went with a female.

I think you are talking about Paloma Faith, not Lana.
    edited May 2015 Posts: 2,138
    No I am talking about Lana. Paloma said in the press she would not be considered because she does not feel that she is cool enough in other people's eyes. Lana lobbied for it was informed EON won't be considering further she was said to be disappointed.
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Lol, someone linked to this topic over on the Arctic Monkey Forum
    webside80 wrote: »
    I've just been informed that the Arctic Monkeys have been seen at Abbey Road Studios for a 3-day session to record a single with Paul Epworth (not their usual producer).

Using Abbey Road, and Paul Epworth, only to create a single song, makes you wonder if it's for the Bond theme.

Wouldn't be my first choice (or second or third) for the title track, but an interesting choice if it is true.

This is not true, at least insofar as the Monkeys going to Abbey Road Studios.
    From the AM Forum,

Vasco Miranda, on 04 May 2015 - 11:02 PM, said:

Via-Reddit

Arctic Monkeys (apparently) were at Abbey Road earlier this week for a 3-day session to record a single with Paul Epworth (who isn't their usual producer - he produced Adele's Skyfall).

Tons reports are reporting that Alex and the gang are recording for the new James Bond movie. I hope if they do record an opening sequence song we get a LSP/Humbug feel to it.

What do you guys think? Would AM be a good fit for Bond?

They went there to record their own "Come Together". They definitely should record there an album. Monkeys at Abbey Road place- it have to end with masterpiece. Simply as that!
    Adele is the perfect choice for Spectre theme after doing justice with Skyfall theme she definitely deserve another chance. I have also read here http://jbsuits.com/blog/spectre-news-adele-returns-new-james-bond-theme that she already flown to Los Angeles to share his ideas regarding next month. Hope its true!
    I don't want Adele again. Her tone suited the tone of Skyfall as a movie. Spectre is more in line with a CR type of Bond movie and needs something with a bit more grit than Adele can give. It needs something rocky with an orchestra behind it like "You know my name". There are rumours Adele has been asked to write something for another part of the film but not the main theme. As I have previously posted Artic Monkeys are who I have been told are recording the main theme.
    This is a good read and listen

10 Songs which should have been Bond themes

http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglophenia/2014/01/10-songs-james-bond-themes/

See AT's The Last Shadow Puppets – My Mistakes Were Made For You
    made it on there. Would love a track like this on Spectre.
  • CatchingBulletsCatchingBullets facebook.com/catchingbullets
    What's the old kids game .... "cold".... "cold"..... "colder"....
  • dominicgreenedominicgreene The Eternal QOS Defender
    I agree with the Arctic Monkeys and going back to a CR feel (which suits Craig perfectly). Though if they don't do it, then it should be Florence Welsh. I liked Adele's Skyfall but not her again.
    I agree with the Arctic Monkeys and going back to a CR feel (which suits Craig perfectly). Though if they don't do it, then it should be Florence Welsh. I liked Adele's Skyfall but not her again.

2nd that!
    Mendes from the announcement of Spectre

Jounro "Title Theme, When will you find out?
    Mendes: You'll have to ask Barbara Broccoli, but I would say - on the basis of the last one - very, very late in the day," .
    What's the old kids game .... "cold".... "cold"..... "colder"....

This implies knowledge of who the artist is and that it's not The Arctic Monkeys; care to share the actual artist :P

• Has anyone seen this? Is the guy a reliable source?

Confirmed: Adele is NOT the singer of James Bond Movie "Spectre"
    showbiz411.com/2015/06/04/confirmed-adele-is-not-the-singer-of-james-bond-movie-song-for-spectre

He's been told that Sam Smith is still in the running..
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Has anyone seen this? Is the guy a reliable source?

showbiz411.com/2015/06/04/confirmed-adele-is-not-the-singer-of-james-bond-movie-song-for-spectre

Thank you very much for posting this.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España

Apparently Friedman was one of the first to link Adele to Skyfall...

I really hope this is true. Adele is a great artist and Skyfall was awesome I don't want to see her do another Bond song.

I will actually be very happy with Sam Smith