SPECTRE photos and videos - spoiler

Comments

• bondjames wrote: »
    article-P-c198c6f5-157b-4bd2-b172-25cd020a0095-6UrpmKxRsHSK2-704_634x356.jpg

"For all you clowns who have been debating it ad nauseam on your lousy threads, I'm doing TWO more after this one!"

Actually, it's the British equivalent of "eff you," when the back of the hand is shown to the viewer.
  • bondjamesbondjames You were expecting someone else?
    edited December 2014 Posts: 23,883
    bondjames wrote: »

"For all you clowns who have been debating it ad nauseam on your lousy threads, I'm doing TWO more after this one!"

Actually, it's the British equivalent of "eff you," when the back of the hand is shown to the viewer.

I realize he was 'flicking the v'. Just thought it more polite to come up with something else to describe it. This is a 'pg' thread after all... ;)
    In context with all the smiling and waving pics, its still part of goofing around and not a heart felt f...y..
  • chrisisallchrisisall Brosnan Defender Of The Realm
    Germanlady wrote: »
    In context with all the smiling and waving pics, its still part of goofing around and not a heart felt f...y..
    Just jumping in here to say I love that he has hair here! :))
    yes, even I will give him a pass here.
    O:-)
  • mcdonbbmcdonbb deep in the Heart of Texas
    Duh #-o ...took me too long to figure out what f.... y.... meant :/ ..time for bed.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 2,598
    I haven't read any of the comments on this thread just incase I spoil things for mysel.f I do like looking at photos in the run up to the new film though. Craig's hair is looking good again thank god. A nice change from the ugly crew cut he had in Skyfall. I don't know why Mendes has Bond wearing a scarf. This is a bit whimpy for Bond. I don't think Tanner is wearing one.

I love how they've filmed Bond in his flat. I hope we see the inside but I won't be getting my hopes up on that one.

It would be really nice if they capitalised on Bond's good taste for fine wines and food. This is a huge facet that's been missing from the films for ages now. They need some of this dialogue. The charm of the literary Bond is that to the uninformed he is a solely a charming, suave, Carey Grant type character and somewhat of a conoisseur. The other side of him is that of a dangerous, dark, ruthless man. It is this contrast that makes the book Bond so appealing. This facet needs to be mirrored in the films otherwise he's pretty much just a well dressed action man.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    @Bounine there was a scene in SF script that was either not filmed or (I believe) cut in which Tanner talked to Bond after he "came back from the dead" and told him his apartment had been sold and his things were in storage. From what I remember Tanner said something about his books having to fight for space with a lot of suits and expensive wine bottles.
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 2,598
    Sandy wrote: »
    @Bounine there was a scene in SF script that was either not filmed or (I believe) cut in which Tanner talked to Bond after he "came back from the dead" and told him his apartment had been sold and his things were in storage. From what I remember Tanner said something about his books having to fight for space with a lot of suits and expensive wine bottles.

Well, that's something, but it didn't make the final cut anyway. I'm talking though about how Bond would refer to the year of wines in the Connery and Moore films.

What happened? Why have they omitted all of this from the newer films?

In the books he'd make comments about expenisve food such as how the problem when ordering caviar is not how to get enough caviar but enough toast to go with it.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    I understood you @Bounine ;) what I meant was that although it hasn't featured in the most recent films it certainly isn't forgotten, let's hope it features in SP. I would like just a small reference, not Bond guessing the vintage year, more in line with the comment you referred to concerning caviar.
  • slyfox wrote: »
    I've very glad they're back filming in London. I've always felt London is underused in Bond films.

It's a great location, one of the world's best cities, and helps them to keep production costs down.

I say they should continue to do this in other Bond films as well (in moderation).

They should be proud to use 'home base' when they can in a British production.

I'm also ecstatic that Bond's apartment will be back. Mendes & Craig are big fans of LALD, so I'm not surprised that they chose to reference that movie somewhere like this (like they did with the komodo's in SF).

I thinkkk "Skyfall" was the film that paid tribute to Brits, England....and also London no ;-). Quite unique really.

I still think they also looked to the planning / shooting schedule of SF. I remember the scene where Moneypenny handed over the bulldog to James was one of the first scenes filmed, November 2011 I think.

London's role in SPECTRE will be much smaller I think. Like in many other Bond films. Picking up Bond, Bond gets a briefing from MI6, that sort of stuff really. Also, someone said that on location shooting in London is almost finished....which is quite fast...

Almost finished for now.... but they'll be back in the capital. SP won't have as much exposure to the UK as SF did but I'd still safely say it will get the second most London scenes in the entire series.

I think "Skyfall" was a movie that paid tribute to several aspects:
    --> Britishness (Scotland and London)
    --> Cold feeling because of the cold approach (weather, etc.)
    --> Personal Revenge and Motivations (Silva, Bond, M)
    --> Espionage on the whole (necessity of secret intelligence communities)
    --> A secret agent that doesn't have much control over his work
    --> Complex characters and relationships
    --> Comparable to FRWL and DN (smaller, more personal villain schemes)

But I think "SPECTRE" will be more about:
    --> Exotic and luxury locale a la Terence Young (Austria, Wintersports, Mexico, Desert Express)
    --> Despite the wintery parts, I think this movie will feel warmer (more sun)
    --> More lighthearted relationships between several characters
    --> Crime on the whole, a larger, less personal scheme (S.P.E.C.T.R.E., Blofeld)
    --> The film that connects all previous three (CR, QOS & SF)
    --> A secret agent that is slightly more in control of his mission
    --> Comparable to OHMSS and TB (bigger, less personal, more world-threatening scheme)

In the end I think both SF and SPECTRE will feel very Terence Young-esque (Also CR for me is very Terence Young-esque). But the latter, SPECTRE, will be the bigger one.

I can't wait to SEE THIS NEW SAM MENDES JAMES BOND FILM. I WANT IT NOW! Ok? 8-}
    Bounine wrote: »
    I haven't read any of the comments on this thread just incase I spoil things for mysel.f I do like looking at photos in the run up to the new film though. Craig's hair is looking good again thank god. A nice change from the ugly crew cut he had in Skyfall. I don't know why Mendes has Bond wearing a scarf. This is a bit whimpy for Bond. I don't think Tanner is wearing one.

I love how they've filmed Bond in his flat. I hope we see the inside but I won't be getting my hopes up on that one.

It would be really nice if they capitalised on Bond's good taste for fine wines and food. This is a huge facet that's been missing from the films for ages now. They need some of this dialogue. The charm of the literary Bond is that to the uninformed he is a solely a charming, suave, Carey Grant type character and somewhat of a conoisseur. The other side of him is that of a dangerous, dark, ruthless man. It is this contrast that makes the book Bond so appealing. This facet needs to be mirrored in the films otherwise he's pretty much just a well dressed action man.

I agree, that would be nice and seemingly, they took a step in the right direction here.
    Of course, it could be justt Bond looking down on MP, which results in not much more. But I have a feeling, there will be a woman in that bed.
  • TripAcesTripAces Universal Exports
    Sandy wrote: »

The words regarding Bond's apartment being sold were not cut--they were delivered by M in the scene where Bond breaks into her home (again, after she told him NOT to ever do it again, in CR!!! LOL). But the bit about books and wine bottles was not said by anyone.
    TripAces wrote: »
    The words regarding Bond's apartment being sold were not cut--they were delivered by M in the scene where Bond breaks into her home (again, after she told him NOT to ever do it again, in CR!!! LOL). But the bit about books and wine bottles was not said by anyone.

Ok, I just realized that M has a completely different apartment in Skfall... This is like how she had a completely new office in every single film, which is a big joke. How about some continuity???
  • edited December 2014 Posts: 591
    If there is a woman in Bond's flat with him, can they please cast actress Talulah Riley as her? I mean look at her... plus she's British. She made a little cameo in Inception and Thor 2, so wouldn't mind her making a little cameo in Spectre.

600x847xTalulah-Riley-Esquire-1.jpg.pagespeed.ic.Ita8beAAKdabatooRgJe.jpg

600x900xTalulah-Riley-Esquire-6.jpg.pagespeed.ic.qGa60nrxwlVOKuiyPsii.jpg
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Now that's what I call a sex kitten.
    Meeeow!!!!!
  • skropper13skropper13 United States

I agree, that would be nice and seemingly, they took a step in the right direction here.
    Of course, it could be justt Bond looking down on MP, which results in not much more. But I have a feeling, there will be a woman in that bed.

I read an article stating that they would be filming the scenes inside his flat at pinewood, so we will get to see inside!

skropper13 wrote: »

I read an article stating that they would be filming the scenes inside his flat at pinewood, so we will get to see inside!

Really? You're not pulling my leg? I thought that if they were to shoot scenes in Bond's flat, that they would be done at Pinewood. They have a huge budget. They don't need to find an apartment.

I have expressed a desire that they shoot in Bond's pad since TWINE. Finally, it might happen. We need to see some more of these personal facets.

I've always hoped that Spectre would be back too. I always hoped that Quantum would either re-brand themselves, or that the remaining members would form a new organisation known as SPECTRE.
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    I liked how in TBI when we see Jason ' s flat in Paris he has a rather basic weights bench in his room but it illustrated the fact that he keeps fit. I'd love to see some sort of home gym equipmemt in Bond's flat given the great shape Bond is.
  • RC7RC7
    edited December 2014 Posts: 10,512
    doubleoego wrote: »
    I liked how in TBI when we see Jason ' s flat in Paris he has a rather basic weights bench in his room but it illustrated the fact that he keeps fit. I'd love to see some sort of home gym equipmemt in Bond's flat given the great shape Bond is.

I'd actually rather see an empty whisky glass and half empty decanter next to a tray of cigarette butts and a black ronson. I don't like the idea he's a gym bunny. I prefer the dichotomy that he lives to excess, but can be a beast when the moment calls for it.
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    Sure hope you guys are not discussing the leaked information on this thread? I'm not particularly keen to open the spoilers, but please, if this is leaked info, stick to the correct thread.
  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    NicNac wrote: »
    Sure hope you guys are not discussing the leaked information on this thread? I'm not particularly keen to open the spoilers, but please, if this is leaked info, stick to the correct thread.

Oops my bad, completely forgot which thread I was on. Just saw the word 'spoiler' and thought I was in the other one.

Oops my bad, completely forgot which thread I was on. Just saw the word 'spoiler' and thought I was in the other one.

You can always edit your posts...
  • NicNacNicNac Administrator, Moderator
    S'ok, I have removed the posts. We have to stick to our policy.
  • SirHilaryBraySirHilaryBray Scotland

He does this all the time - You need to see this if you have not already SO FUNNY!
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    New photos and video from last monday shooting in London.

http://www.theestablishingshot.com/2014/12/second-look-bond-24-on-location-as.html
  • DrShatterhandDrShatterhand Garden of Death, near Belfast
    S'ok, I have removed the posts. We have to stick to our policy.

Thanks for that, I was dipping in and out between work so didn't see the response about editing the posts

• edited December 2014 Posts: 6,601
    Lets remember, THIS here is for the normal spoilerish activity.. Like the App etc. Its a spoiler, but its a spoiler GIVEN to us. ;)

BTW - thanks Marketto
  • aaron819aaron819 Switzerland
    @NicNac Hi, I'm new to this blog, just wanted to introduce myself. I am Aaron Jones and am a big Bond fan. Regards