Who should/could be a Bond actor?

Comments

• Jordo007Jordo007 Merseyside
    Other than Sope, I can't see any of those fellas as Bond. Just my opinion though
    I'm still hoping Leo Suter is in the running, I think he has the gravitas to portray the character despite his young age.
  • LucknFateLucknFate 007 In New York
    In an ideal world he'll at least get a call. Or hopefully he has a half-smart agent who can get him in the right places.
  • Agent0099Agent0099 Milford, Michigan
    I am just as much of a huge fan of sope as @peter is and I 100% hope he gets the job but if not sope for whatever reason, There's one other actor I nominate behind him and that's Paul Mescal. If I were a betting man it's going to be either Sope or Mescal.
  • peterpeter Toronto
    edited September 2023 Posts: 8,597
    @Creasy47 , there is a shift, a very minor shift in the quality in the early episodes of Gangs of London Season 2.

Since I went from S1, straight into S2, I felt that the first couple episodes were trying to copy what they captured in the previous season... BUT,

The story takes some very very very very unexpected turns, and with these developments in the story, the entirety of S1 AND 2 became elevated. It reminded me (a little bit) of where they went with The Raid 2.

And the final scene in this second season put chills down my spine.

I loved it.

Edit: and I'm with you @Agent0099 !!!
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Jordo007 wrote: »
    Other than Sope, I can't see any of those fellas as Bond. Just my opinion though
    I'm still hoping Leo Suter is in the running, I think he has the gravitas to portray the character despite his young age.

Suter is one of my top picks.
  • edited September 2023 Posts: 3,011
    Agent0099 wrote: »
    I am just as much of a huge fan of sope as @peter is and I 100% hope he gets the job but if not sope for whatever reason, There's one other actor I nominate behind him and that's Paul Mescal. If I were a betting man it's going to be either Sope or Mescal.

The issue with Mescal is I think he’ll be too in demand as an actor by a certain point. He’s already starring in the new Gladiator film and has Oscar buzz around his performance in Aftersun. I think it’s deserved by the way - in the latter film he convincingly plays a world weary but immature 31 year old. The guy’s not even 30 yet. He could definitely play Bond, but practically I don’t think it’ll happen.

Dirisu’s much more likely. If anything he’s a much more traditional candidate for the part (ironically) based on his previous roles. I’m personally still leaning towards Jack O’Connell as a left field but strangely plausible candidate.

I do find it odd whenever people on this forum say there aren’t any good potential Bonds. If anything the field is wider than ever. I think there are plenty of actors who could do the role justice. Just depends on what kind of Bond they roll with.
  • They will love me.
  • SIS_HQSIS_HQ At the Vauxhall Headquarters
    edited September 2023 Posts: 3,393
    If by 2025 we still don't have any new Bond actor, then we have no choice: we need an AI Bond :))

New Bond film starring AI Bond, all of the cast are real except the Bond actor, designed by the Bond fans!
  • buddyoldchapbuddyoldchap Formerly known as JeremyBondon
    edited September 2023 Posts: 163
    SIS_HQ wrote: »
    If by 2025 we still don't have any new Bond actor, then we have no choice: we need an AI Bond :))

New Bond film starring AI Bond, all of the cast are real except the Bond actor, designed by the Bond fans!

Funny you say that, I just asked ChatGPT to render a random Bond scene. The result:

DAD+tsunami3.gif

In other news, what's with this Cavill Zoolander?

075de3491426be21bfbe53bd2bdf47b1bcf47fc8.gif
    Further proof that AI has no place in the art business.
    Ive never been such a fan of anything that I would accept lesser quality for a quick hit. Except drugs.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    I'm lifelong straightedge, just like Bond. Oh, wait...
    I wonder if this guy is available...

75962865-12573871-image-a-504_1695960643388.jpg

MI6 Headquarters - DAY

Bond enters Moneypenny's office.

"James... you look different!"

"I died in Bond 25. But thanks to a nifty plot reboot I'm back. This is my new Bond 26 look. Do you like it? I think the Elton John hairstyle suits me."

;))
  • buddyoldchapbuddyoldchap Formerly known as JeremyBondon
    bondywondy wrote: »

MI6 Headquarters - DAY

"I died in Bond 25. But thanks to a nifty plot reboot I'm back. This is my new Bond 26 look. Do you like it? I think the Elton John hairstyle suits me."

;))

The guy couldn't look more Russian. Poor Craig.
  • bondywondy wrote: »

MI6 Headquarters - DAY

;))

I wish Craig had a longer hairstyle like that in his films tbh.
  • VenutiusVenutius Yorkshire
    edited September 2023 Posts: 2,943
    You know it ain't worked when your 'do looks like a syrup.
  • ivarbrcye99ivarbrcye99 United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    bondywondy wrote: »

MI6 Headquarters - DAY

;))

I see that look and I imagine him playing a pompous author/playwright in a farce set in the 1950s.
    edited October 2023 Posts: 1,447
  • Does this sell you on ATJ as Bond? https://www.youtube.com/shorts/cU2_KAiUMIs
    Does this sell you on ATJ as Bond? https://www.youtube.com/shorts/cU2_KAiUMIs

No, but his CK ad does:

LucknFate wrote: »

Who are they? (Genuine question, I have no idea who they are)

No, but his CK ad does:

Not gonna lie, that ad made me think of this:

Belvedere-Vodka-Daniel-Craig-Taika-Waititi-01-110922-c665bb354ad94c249e71e8207ceeed8f.jpg

Not sure whether that's a good or bad thing...
    I'd say bad...

I'm talking about nicholas hoult in the black
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans

No, because he would have to speak in the role; the problem is when he opens his mouth .
    I'd say bad...

I'm talking about nicholas hoult in the black

Ahh thank you. I didn't recognise him in that picture you shared mate
  • talos7 wrote: »

No, because he would have to speak in the role; the problem is when he opens his mouth .

You are right, his voice is usually high, but his voice is very solid in the Kraven trailer.
  • I think all the actors must have been good dancers. After all you have to move with grace and effortless body movements.
  • mattjoesmattjoes Lovers' Rosy Stain
    I think all the actors must have been good dancers. After all you have to move with grace and effortless body movements.
    That slick way of moving is very important for the role. Speaking of dancing, I desperately want another scene in which Bond dances with a Bond girl. It's crazy that, IIRC, it hasn't happened since Never Say Never Again, and before that, Thunderball.

007HallY wrote: »
    Belvedere-Vodka-Daniel-Craig-Taika-Waititi-01-110922-c665bb354ad94c249e71e8207ceeed8f.jpg
    My man Michael G. Wilson randomly standing in the back and thinking "check out that ass." A master of cameos, that Mikey-G. ;)
  • CommanderRossCommanderRoss The bottom of a pitch lake in Eastern Trinidad, place called La Brea
    talos7 wrote: »

Would it silence the woke crowd if we had a mute Bond?
  • mattjoes wrote: »
    That slick way of moving is very important for the role. Speaking of dancing, I desperately want another scene in which Bond dances with a Bond girl. It's crazy that, IIRC, it hasn't happened since Never Say Never Again, and before that, Thunderball.
    Yeah man, they even had a ballet dancer as a body double in Batman '89. My background is in hip hop dance styles but I'm sure I can learn the steps to the waltz! Did BrosnanBond not have a dance?