Dynamite's Bond comics and graphic novels

Comments

• 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    @Agent_99 I have already pre ordered both Felix Leiter and HAMMERHEAD as the special edition hard cover books. The VARGR and EIDOLON ones I own :D

Very good! :)
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    I think you called the wrong agent there, Jase. However, I am always on duty :)
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    00Agent wrote: »
    @Agent_99 I have already pre ordered both Felix Leiter and HAMMERHEAD as the special edition hard cover books. The VARGR and EIDOLON ones I own :D

Very good! :)

OMG how embarrassing. My apologies @00Agent and @Agent_99
    no harm done. i guess our names are quite similar :D
    Bound to be a fair few agents-with-numbers knocking around a Bond forum, after all!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Isn't it against service policies for agents to give out endorsements?
    edited April 2017 Posts: 5,185

loool i was literally just watching never say never and now i know what you meant :))

loool i was literally just watching never say never and now i know what you meant :))
    I'd be amused if they give us another Fatima Blush. "Putsh you in my memoirsh ash number one!" :))

I'd be amused if they give us another Fatima Blush. "Putsh you in my memoirsh ash number one!" :))

i would like to see another crazy henchman chick like her or Xenia... make her over the top, so that the PC police doesn't get their panties in a bunch.
    There hasn't been a female henchman since Miranda.
    Brosnan had the best ones, with Elektra and obviously Xenia.
    Craig had none, except maybe for Valenka in CR if you want to count her.
    She DID manage to kill Bond after all... even if only for 2 seconds

The one from Vargr wasn't bad either! forgot her name though

i would like to see another crazy henchman chick like her or Xenia... make her over the top, so that the PC police doesn't get their panties in a bunch.

Agreed. Connery had both Fiona and Helga in the sixties, who were groundbreaking femme fatales at the time, can't remember Moore having a henchwoman that attractive, though. So yes, all in all, Brosnan had the best of them.

Dharma Reach. That's her name. Whenever she popped up, I couldn't help but see Morena Baccarin in the role.
    Dharma Reach. That's her name. Whenever she popped up, I couldn't help but see Morena Baccarin in the role.

Thanks, and great pick!

Thanks, and great pick!
    Thanks, mate. I mean, just look at her. I'm suspecting Ellis and Masters were inspired by Morena in the sci-fi TV Series called V.

Anna-Morena-Baccarin-v-2009-16896368-374-500.jpg

Thanks, and great pick!
    Thanks, mate. I mean, just look at her. I'm suspecting Ellis and Masters were inspired by Morena in the sci-fi TV Series called V.

She IS stunning. Brazillian after all...
    She should have been in a Bond film already
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"

Agreed. Connery had both Fiona and Helga in the sixties, who were groundbreaking femme fatales at the time, can't remember Moore having a henchwoman that attractive, though. So yes, all in all, Brosnan had the best of them.

Caroline Munro was cool, but obviously not Fiona level. Of course, none of them are. ;)

Caroline Munro was cool, but obviously not Fiona level. Of course, none of them are. ;)
    Agreed. Such a shame Caroline Munro's tenure was short-lived. I'd have loved a bit more of her presence in the film, especially having to go toe to toe with Major Amasova.

Thanks, and great pick!

She IS stunning. Brazillian after all...
    She should have been in a Bond film already
    Distinguishly so!

Thanks, and great pick!

And Morena was probably inspired by Jacqueline Pearce in another sci-fi series calles Blake's 7. I mean, the resemblance is uncanny, no ?

servalan.jpg

And yes, it's time Morena Baccarin played in a Bond movie.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    edited April 2017 Posts: 15,423
    ggl007 wrote: »
    Haha, I love this Bond! :))

UPDATE:
    Clearer images from Black Box #3:
    Image 01
    Image 02
    Image 03
    Image 04
    Image 05
    Image 06
    Enjoyed this issue of Black Box a lot more than the last one. Feels like we are back on track. And Loboscos drawing was more consistent, maybe he got the Hang of it by now
    Yes, better issue than the last. Bond seemed really caught off guard when a certain character showed up. I enjoy seeing a rigid 007.
    edited May 2017 Posts: 15,423
    While I'm not quite down on the art, I loved the issue. Bond's sense of humour is definitely Moore-esque, and that's my favourite.

I particularly loved this shot. There's something very The Spy Who Loved Me about this.

iM1rUMK.jpg
    While I'm not quite down on the art, I loved the issue. Bond's sense of humour is definitely Moore-esque, and that's my favourite.

I particularly loved this shot. There's something very The Spy Who Loved Me about this.

iM1rUMK.jpg

That image stood out to me as well, with a couple other ones, for example the fight with No Face in the Arena at the end, very detailed.

And I love the Humor too, thats the best part about this Bond so far, like the Relationship between Boothroyd and Bond that reminded me of Q and Brosnans Bond. Boothroyd here even looks a bit like John Cleese
    Gettler wrote: »
    I enjoy seeing a rigid 007.

...I'm saying nothing.

iM1rUMK.jpg

That image stood out to me as well, with a couple other ones, for example the fight with No Face in the Arena at the end, very detailed.

And I love the Humor too, thats the best part about this Bond so far, like the Relationship between Boothroyd and Bond that reminded me of Q and Brosnans Bond. Boothroyd here even looks a bit like John Cleese
    Oh certainly. And I've got to say I love how dominant and overpowering Felix seemed to have been in this one, as if Black Box takes place after the events of Felix Leiter (explains his presence in Japan) where he has gained his confidence back instead of being the melancholic private eye with disabilities.

I love the interaction with Bond and Boothroyd. Cleese's Q and Brosnan's Bond had their spirits written all over it with their respective scenes which I wholeheartedly welcome, whereas the Fleming purists might detest that. ;)
    For those in London at the end of may, Kieron Gillen will sign copies of James Bond : Service at the Forbidden Planet Megastore on May the 24th, from 6 PM to 7 PM.

https://forbiddenplanet.com/events/2017/05/24/kieron-gillen-signing-james-bond-service-special-e/
    I'm planning to be there!
    edited May 2017 Posts: 5,185
    Black Box #5
    TNBondVol205CovAReardon.jpg

SYNOPSIS:
    Black Box Part Five - "The Suicide Forest"
    In the so-called "Suicide Forest" of Japan, near the base of Mt. Fuji, James Bond finds himself hunted by No Name, the nightmarish assassin. After narrowly escaping, 007 and Selah Sax find themselves on board a bullet train bound for the headquarters of Saga Genji -- in a race against Felix Leiter and the Americans for the "black box" of information that could compromise their nations.
    On Sale: 05.July

Even at the height of danger, he'll always friggin look cool! Love me some stylish Bond as a mentor! :D
    edited May 2017 Posts: 5,185
    Even at the height of danger, he'll always friggin look cool! Love me some stylish Bond as a mentor! :D

Absolutely! Best rolemodel to have.
    By the way, i am wondering what the Background of that cover is, could that be Fukushima? But if it were, it would have certainly been mentioned in the synopsis now wouldn't it?
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    If Bond were to be concerned with his tie at Fukushima, he would be the biggest moron of all time.