Dynamite's Bond comics and graphic novels

Comments

• 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Would people here agree that Diggle & Casalanguida have been the best writer/artist Bond team yet for these books?
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I've read about half of HAMMERHEAD and then decided to wait for the book, but D&C have delivered something that is simply awesome Brosnan Bond like. Therefore I would agree @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7

I haven't read Robinson & Campbell yet, I will read Felix Leiter as well when the SE Book is out.
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Yes. Diggle/Casalanguida/Blythe have been the best people as a team to bring Bond into conventional relevance in the world of comics.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    I agree that the comics look the most professional, with the biggest visual pedigree.
  • zebrafishzebrafish <°)))< in Octopussy's garden in the shade
    TR007 wrote: »
    BondKillChain001CovASmallwood.jpg

Cover by Greg Smallwood, who seems to get his inspiration by watching Don Draper:
    flo_madmen101710_a_145038a_8col.jpg
    mms4ep413_sc45_1320.jpg
    I just love the smoke turning to grasping hands. It's something I could picture out of a Kleinman title design.
    I just love the smoke turning to grasping hands. It's something I could picture out of a Kleinman title design.
    Utmost certainly! Those hands are the threats that Bond faces on daily basis, his life on the line, yet his confidence and capability always help him stand tall against them all and get the upper hand. This is why I love James Bond.
    So..is this considered Vol.4 or...?
    I think Felix Leiter is Vol. 4, at least it read that way when I pre-ordered HAMMERHEAD and FELIX LEITER.
    Nope. Independent. Standalone. Like Hammerhead and Service.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited April 2017 Posts: 5,185
    I think Felix Leiter is Vol. 4, at least it read that way when I pre-ordered HAMMERHEAD and FELIX LEITER.

yes, in germany Felix Leiter is actually titled James Bond Vol. 4 - Felix Leiter, Hammerhead being Vol. 3...

the continuation is a mess at this point :smiley:
    I think you can look at it however you like, because Dynamite doesn't really seem to care

Edit:
    Also, me personally i refuse to look at Hammerhead as some "mini" or "secondary" kind of Book, because it is the best of the bunch so far
    edited April 2017 Posts: 15,423
    I personally look at it the way they're all chronologically released.

1-VARGR
    2-Eidolon
    3-Hammerhead
    4-Black Box
    5-Service
    6-Kill Chain

Felix Leiter is a spinoff. Doesn't count as a "James Bond adventure." Just that it's set in the same universe.
    I personally look at it the way they're all chronologically released.

Jupp, thats the most reasonable approach
    edited April 2017 Posts: 9,020
    @ClarkDevlin forgive my ignorance but can you educate me on Black Box and Service...
    never heard of them before, my excuse is I'm currently serving in the army....and have not much time for anything really....are they already out?
    @ClarkDevlin forgive my ignorance but can you educate me on Black Box and Service...
    never heard of them before, my excuse is I'm currently serving in the army....and have not much time for anything really....are they already out?
    @BondJasonBond006: No worries, old chap. Be glad to be of service. ;)

Service is a one-shot, set to come out in May.

Black Box is the official continuation to the Ellis/Masters saga, but like any other different team, it features a different Bond, art-style and story atmosphere. There are already two issues out.
    By the way, does anyone know if Service will have a physical release? I can't find it anywhere except for digital
    At some point I believe it will.
    @ClarkDevlin thank you!!

...just purchased both issues of Black Box in English on iTunes :smiley: that makes me so happy, will read them on my iPad and then happily sleep in my army bed :relaxed:
    I'll notify you about the dates, @BondJasonBond006. :smiley:
    This weeks issue of Felix Leiter was nothing short of fantastic!
    I am loving the Felix/Tiger team-up and this issue raised the stakes of their mission while also making it incredibly personal for them both. It was a real page turner and the ending left me cursing at the month long wait until issue 5.
    5/5 if I had to give it a rating!
    TR007 wrote: »
    This weeks issue of Felix Leiter was nothing short of fantastic!
    I am loving the Felix/Tiger team-up and this issue raised the stakes of their mission while also making it incredibly personal for them both. It was a real page turner and the ending left me cursing at the month long wait until issue 5.
    5/5 if I had to give it a rating!
    Hear hear!

Damn, I love the art thoroughly!
    dq7hBTu.jpg

@0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, take a look at that stellar at! :open_mouth:
    @ClarkDevlin, it looks super professional, even more so than Hammerhead did. I've seen some other panels from the comic and the attention paid to color and composition is right up there with the standard of high-level comic production in the big leagues of DC & Marvel. It's nice to see that so many Bond comics are not only entering the main stage, but also look like they belong there as well.
    Just to update the page with upcoming releases (or repost them):

May 03:
    Hammerhead Hardcover
    Black Box #3

May 17:
    Felix Leiter #5

May 24:
    Service

June 07:
    Black Box #4

June 21:
    Felix Leiter #6

To be solicited in May for July 2017 release:
    Kill Chain #1
    The first Kill Chain #5 cover was posted. Art by Patch Zircher.

C92soYlV0AIRwt2.jpg:large
    CRAZY BEAUTIFUL

the covers are getting better and better
    The first Kill Chain #5 cover was posted. Art by Patch Zircher.

C92soYlV0AIRwt2.jpg:large
    Light of My Death, anyone?

xhd7HVD.jpg
    edited April 2017 Posts: 5,185
    and the awesome news continue:

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/04/21/official-origin-james-bond-told-comic-book-announced-2017-diamond-summit/

I would absolutely hate this in a movie,
    but i really love the idea for a comic book
  • edited April 2017 Posts: 850
    Let's hope it's not too "exclusivily" because novels of James Bond in WW2 after the Young Bond serie would be awesome too.
    Let's hope it's not too "exclusivily" because novels of James Bond in WW2 after the Young Bond serie would be awesome too.

True, actually the Young Bond series should be heading in the timeframe of WW2 now anyway... but i haven't read the last ones so