Dynamite's Bond comics and graphic novels

Comments

• ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    Weren't they two days ago?
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Weren't they two days ago?
    possible. I only noticed today

HAMMERHEAD #6 Preview Images:

Page 1
    Page 2
    Page 3
    Page 4
    Page 5
    Page 6
    HAMMERHEAD #6 Preview Images:

Page 1
    Page 2
    Page 3
    Page 4
    Page 5
    Page 6

NICE! i'm getting a strong TND vibe from those previews
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    This Bond is a real bastard.
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I wish that was Pierce's 5th Bond movie. ^:)^
    Yep, it does have the TND vibe split with EON the video game, particularly the bit where Bond takes over the platinum tank... Only gentler there rather than the straightforward execution of the thug. ;)

Love that Bond here is a real bastard, showing nobody can toy with England The Empire. :D

...If only this was given to Pierce...
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    Long live Britain, but I think we should put a moratorium on shooting people in the face three times when they're a foot away.

I'm okay with Bond being more of a dutiful bastard, I'd just prefer if he didn't seem to enjoy it so much. Or see him waste so much ammo!
    edited March 2017 Posts: 15,423
    I agree, actually. Killing the thug there was somewhat unnecessary. He could've incapacitated him by, let's say, kicking him in the face, subduing him by bumping his head onto the control panel, then throw him out. But, at least, Hammerhead's Bond isn't a sadistic psycho like Warren Ellis' interpretation of the character was. Diggle perhaps is trying to portray him as "the cold hearted assassin" some people think Bond is.
    edited March 2017 Posts: 15,423
    First look at Antonio Fuso's interpretation of the James Bond outlook in the Service one-shot comic special.

16789003_1835440200064534_2223221427715178496_n.jpg

I'm getting a Mad Men era Jon Hamm vibe out of this one.
    First look at Antonio Fuso's interpretation of the James Bond outlook in the Service one-shot comic special.

16789003_1835440200064534_2223221427715178496_n.jpg

I'm getting a Mad Men era Jon Hamm vibe out of this one.

you are spoiling us this weekend @ClarkDeviln :D
    Nice find!
    Always aiming to please the community, @00Agent. :D
    I agree, actually. Killing the thug there was somewhat unnecessary. He could've incapacitated him by, let's say, kicking him in the face, subduing him by bumping his head onto the control panel, then throw him out. But, at least, Hammerhead's Bond isn't a sadistic psycho like Warren Ellis' interpretation of the character was. Diggle perhaps is trying to portray him as "the cold hearted assassin" some people think Bond is.

Was the goon a woman? I couldn't tell from the drawing clear enough.

Nope. Just a male armed mercenary. The blonde woman is the main villainess.

Oh, so the one woman you didn't want to be the villain is the villain, then?
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    I was reminded of the Dam from GoldenEye Reloaded.
    600px-Goldeneye-TT33-2.jpg

Oh, so the one woman you didn't want to be the villain is the villain, then?
    Unfortunately.
    Murdock wrote: »
    I was reminded of the Dam from GoldenEye Reloaded.
    600px-Goldeneye-TT33-2.jpg
    That, and the final phase of Serpent's Tooth, but reversed.
    I've just read FELIX LEITER #3. This story gets more interesting issue per issue!
  • Major_BoothroydMajor_Boothroyd Republic of Isthmus
    I've just read FELIX LEITER #3. This story gets more interesting issue per issue!

Good to hear! Are they releasing a hardcover collection of Leiter? I really hope so.

I'm buying the hardcover collections of all these. Have Vargr and Eidolon - haven't read them yet though. I have Hammerhead pre-ordered.

Good to hear! Are they releasing a hardcover collection of Leiter? I really hope so.

I'm buying the hardcover collections of all these. Have Vargr and Eidolon - haven't read them yet though. I have Hammerhead pre-ordered.
    Eventually they will, I gather. Give it two or three months (at most!) after the release of its last issue and it'll be there.

Oh, and by the way @Major_Boothroyd, a reminder: A One-Shot James Bond comic book consisting of 48 pages is set to come out in May. Called Service. You could pre-order that, too.
    edited March 2017 Posts: 5,185

Yeah definitly.
    My highlight though was seeing Alena getting dressed :D
    I am sure a lot of.... hard work went into these drawings
    00Agent wrote: »

Yeah definitly.
    My highlight though was seeing Alena getting dressed :D
    I am sure a lot of.... hard work went into these drawings
    Indeed! And I'm not particularly talking about the outlines and inks... ;)

Can't blame Felix for falling in love! :D
  • edited March 2017 Posts: 1,661
    Whenever I see the name 'Black Box' I can't help but think of this:

;)

Read the first issue of Black Box. Quite good. Interesting how Bond doesn't refer to Q as "Q" but as "Boothroyd." Feels a very contemporary Bond story - lots of stuff about internet hacking.

I thought this line of dialogue was amusing:
    "A smarter smartphone..."

;))
    Really enjoyed Felix #3! Does anyone know however if this is just a limited series or will it be an ongoing one?
    TR007 wrote: »
    Really enjoyed Felix #3! Does anyone know however if this is just a limited series or will it be an ongoing one?
    So far, it's a limited series, @TR007. Six issue story arc. But, Robinson (the writer) has hopes to do trilogy with Felix.
  • BondJasonBond006BondJasonBond006 on fb and ajb
    I got EIDOLON, the special edition book delivered two weeks ago to the army base I'm serving at.

I miss watching Bond films so much, and this book is such a great read. Some of my brothers here are comic book fans and we read them together sometimes.
    Got my favourite Batman comics with me as well.

I haven't had the chance to buy or read the new Felix Leiter comics but I certainly will!

And by the way...

<font size=6>JASON STEPHEN BOND</font>

<font size=7>IS BACK</font>
    @BondJasonBond006, welcome back you ole dog! :D

We all missed you here!
    Thanks for the info @clarkDevlin much appreciated. Fingers crossed it all pans out for him. He's doing a tremendous job!
    TR007 wrote: »
    Thanks for the info @clarkDevlin much appreciated. Fingers crossed it all pans out for him. He's doing a tremendous job!
    You're welcome! I also have high hopes the success of Felix Leiter will spawn two more stories. And indeed Robinson is doing an outstanding job.
    FELIX LEITER #6:
    Plot:
    The thrilling series conclusion! Tiger and Felix have cornered their prey, the North Korean agent responsible for the bio-weapons – but Alena Davoff, Felix’s former lover, is still at large, and Felix is dead-set on investigating! He must figure out if Alena is still working for her former Russian handlers… or if she’s gone rogue?

BondFelix06-Cov-A-Perkins.jpg
    Cover Art by Mike Perkins

Man, Felix Leiter is definitely the film noir hard-boiled side of the Bond universe with Felix in the helm. Love how melancholic the character is becoming like Phillip Marlowe, and his ex-girlfriend being the velvet heartbreaker.

BLACK BOX #4:
    BondVol2-04-Cov-A-Reardon.jpg
    Cover Art by Dom Reardon

BondVol2-04-Cov-B-Masters.jpg
    Cover Art by Jason Masters

BondVol2-04-Cov-C-Taylor.jpg
    Cover Art by Matt Taylor

Plot:
    Part 4: “The Suicide Forest”: The latest installment in the Black Box storyline will leave you breathless. An epic car chase through the gritty, neon wonderland of Tokyo gives way to a sexy layover near Mt. Fuji, where James Bond goes “undercover” with the mysterious assassin, Selah Sax. Little does 007 know his mission is about to change — and danger lurks in the nearby “Suicide Forest,” where he and Selah will be both the hunters and the hunted.

And this is just getting better and better! June is going to be hell of a Summer for us the Bond fans.