Dynamite's Bond comics and graphic novels

Comments

• ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    :-O :-O :-O
    Completelly unexpected!!
  • ClarkDevlinClarkDevlin Martinis, Girls and Guns
    edited February 2017 Posts: 15,423
    Dynamite Entertainment is our fairy grandparent! :))

I wonder if @Thunderfinger, @Dragonpol and @jake24 are interested in this. Also, @DarthDimi? Where are you?
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I'm still catching up, having only recently finished Eidolon. I enjoyed it about as much as VARGR. Though I didn't really like Bonds method for getting the information, that looked like something out of 24.

So 'Service' is a one-shot?
    Sorry I forgot to mention you, @MajorDSmythe. :|

Yes, indeed. Service is one shot. However, if you can, catch up with Hammerhead, as well. It's definitely Classic Bond, and not the one we've seen in the Ellis/Masters run. In a week or so, a new miniseries is also making a debut, called Black Box.
  • MajorDSmytheMajorDSmythe "I tolerate this century, but I don't enjoy it."Moderator
    I have the first 5 issues of Hammerhead, but i'm waiting until I have all 6 before reading it.
    Good strategy. :D
  • DragonpolDragonpol https://thebondologistblog.blogspot.com
    Dynamite Entertainment is our fairy grandparent! :))

I wonder if @Thunderfinger, @Dragonpol and @jake24 are interested in this. Also, @DarthDimi? Where are you?

Yes, thank you, that does sound interesting and very topical too!
  • ThunderfingerThunderfinger Das Boot Hill
    I haven t read any of it yet, but have paid attention. Hammerhead looks good.
  • NSGWNSGW London
    edited February 2017 Posts: 299
    I'm currently reading the Bond novels right now but plan on working my way through all the comics in a few months time. I've kept up with this thread though and I'm impressed by the variety and volume Dynamite is releasing and the cover for Service looks great.
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    I'm particularly excited that it seems to feature the Imperial War Museum. Hoping for some excellent use of historic military vehicles.
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    Agent_99 wrote: »
    I'm particularly excited that it seems to feature the Imperial War Museum. Hoping for some excellent use of historic military vehicles.

Yes, thats what i thought too! i would love that as the Imperial War museum was the last thing i visited on my first trip to London 2 years ago. Very impressive collection.

It would also allow for some reflections on WW2 and Britains role since then, which i hope Gillen will take advantage of. i am a sucker for history and war
  • Agent_99Agent_99 enjoys a spirited ride as much as the next girl
    It's a great museum! My favourite thing there is the engine from the Red Baron's plane, as I'm a huge geek about WW1 aviation.

They also did a big Bond exhibition a few years ago, with some associated events, so maybe they'll do something for this. Here's hoping!
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    If Bond doesn't escape that museum in some kind of old WWII military vehicle, I'll be disappointed.
    If Bond doesn't escape that museum in some kind of old WWII military vehicle, I'll be disappointed.
    GoldenEye tank chase. ;)
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 Quantum Floral Arrangements: "We Have Petals Everywhere"
    GoldenEye tank chase. ;)

Exactly my thoughts. Except this time, I hope he drives better, being it's his native land.
    GoldenEye tank chase. ;)

Exactly my thoughts. Except this time, I hope he drives better, being it's his native land.

"May I remind you, 007, that you have a license to kill... Not to break traffic laws."
    Guys, a bundle of new previews and new covers have just arrived...

FELIX LEITER #5:

STL042993?type=1
    Cover art by Mike Perkins

Synopsis:
    Tiger Tanaka and Felix were pursuing the terrorists responsible for the detonation of a new, mysterious biological weapon - when a follow-up incident at Tanaka's organizational headquarters cost them the rest of their team and resources. Now they've made things PERSONAL! Felix and Tanaka must take down a North Korean operative with information on the bio-bomb inside his heavily-guarded compound...before anyone else comes to harm!

Release Date: 17 May 2017

BLACK BOX #3:

STL042988?type=1
    Cover art (A) by Dom Reardon

STL043051?type=1
    Cover art (B) by Rapha Lobosco

STL042989?type=1
    Cover art (C) by Patrick Zircher

Synopsis:
    Black Box Part 3: Death Mask-Saga Genji - the tech mogul with Yakuza ties - has dispatched the unforgettable henchman, No Name, to dispose of everyone's favorite secret agent. And James Bond doesn't know who to trust. A mysterious assassin seems to be helping him. Felix Leiter appears to be tailing him. 007 tries to stick to the shadows, but he'll be thrust into the spotlight at a deadly sumo tournament where the fight extends beyond the arena.

Release Date: 3 May 2017

@00Agent, @mcdonbb, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, @ggl007
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Thanks! Quite good that Leiter one!
  • 00Agent00Agent Any man who drinks Dom Perignon '52 can't be all bad.
    edited February 2017 Posts: 5,185
    Thanks a lot @ClarkDevlin! Good stuff.
    The synopsis for Black Box is very interesting. Looks like Black Box and Felix Leiter might be crossing over a bit, since both James and Felix are in Japan. Would be cool also to see Tiger and James reunite in Black Box even for a small cameo.
    BLACK BOX #1 preview images:

Page 1
    Page 2
    Page 3
    Page 4
    Page 5
    Page 6
    Page 7

I am totally getting the Light of My Death vibes from this one. It's as if the story is a retelling of it.

@0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, thought you'd like to check out the art.
    I'm currently doing some Bond art of my own, so this was a nice surprise, @ClarkDevlin!

What do people think about Bond having an inner monologue? I'm not feeling it, really. I think the moment depicted would work a lot better if we weren't in his head every step of the way.
    You're most welcome, Braders! :D

Bond doing an inner monologue is not a first, though. It's been done before in at least two of the Dark Horse tenure of the Bond comics. Light of My Death itself also is told from Bond's POV. So, I'm used to it. :)
    It's an interesting choice for such an introspective character. But, if it works for Batman it can work for Bond. In a round-about way it'll also make him more of a silent character in the script as all his motivations can be funneled through the monologues.
    Bingo!
  • MurdockMurdock The minus world
    Bond's looking like Action Man! :D
    910_007.jpg
    If only Dynamite gets to see that! :D

Bond's facial outline (as well as that red bio-metric goggles) does remind a lot about the 90s Bond comics overall. It definitely has that sort of feeling...

@0BradyM0Bondfanatic7, a special one for you, mate:
    http://i.imgur.com/2L6uOTm.jpg

And of course, can't seem to get enough of the similarities between Black Box #1 and Light of My Death:
    http://i.imgur.com/7Vt6wg4.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/E4ZOLuS.jpg
    http://i.imgur.com/rVust5v.jpg
    Speaking of the older Bond comics..are they available online somewhere (for reading or oredering?) ?
    Thanks for sharing, @ClarkDevlin! Those panels are exquisite. Who's the artist?
    Glad you like them, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7! :D

The one with the sniper assassination image is illustrated by Russ Heath, which itself is from Minute of Midnight. The shortest Bond comic ever.

The Alpine ones with cable car and ski are from Light of My Death (which is also the only Bond comic to be set in the film universe with original story during the 1960s) by artist John Watkiss.
    dragonsky wrote: »
    Speaking of the older Bond comics..are they available online somewhere (for reading or oredering?) ?
    Yes, the Dark Horse titles are available on their official sites. But, you will have to look up at Amazon for Permission To Die, because its publisher has been defunct.
    Glad you like them, @0BradyM0Bondfanatic7! :D

The one with the sniper assassination image is illustrated by Russ Heath, which itself is from Minute of Midnight. The shortest Bond comic ever.

The Alpine ones with cable car and ski are from Light of My Death (which is also the only Bond comic to be set in the film universe with original story during the 1960s) by artist John Watkiss.
    dragonsky wrote: »
    Yes, the Dark Horse titles are available on their official sites. But, you will have to look up at Amazon for Permission To Die, because its publisher has been defunct.

Can you link me the site for the older Dark Horse comics? Also are those older Dark Horse comics available on Amazon?