SPECTRE Production Timeline

Comments

• Samuel001Samuel001 Moderator
    edited March 2014 Posts: 13,217
    Some good tips here, from Mendes.

Others I like include:

"Learn to say, “I don’t know the answer.” It could be the beginning of a very good day’s rehearsal."

"Go to the ancient amphitheater at Epidaurus, in Greece. It makes you realize what you are a part of, and it will change the way you look at the world. If you’re an artist, you will feel central, and you will never feel peripheral again."

and

"Confidence is essential, but ego is not."

Could Epidaurus and other areas in Greece be featured in the next Bond film?
  • Creasy47Creasy47 In Cuba with Natalya.Moderator
    Could be interesting if those areas were featured in 'Bond 24,' but I wouldn't really go as far as questioning that based off of an unrelated quote.
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    edited March 2014 Posts: 2,668
    If that's true than the producers are complete morons when it comes to the soundtrack. How much of the GE theme was incorporated in the soundtrack of the movie? How about DAD, QOS, TND etc. etc.??? How much James Bond theme did CR or QOS have??? Do the producers have selective memories or are they getting senile? I love what they have done with the Bond franchise since 2006 but that doesn't mean I will agree with their every decision.

TND, DAD and CR used Bond theme a lot; Arnold did a great job with CR because he used the theme many times (eight if I recall well), and yet you can barely notice, and each time at the right moment, until the full orchestral theme at the end .
    Creasy47 wrote:
    Could be interesting if those areas were featured in 'Bond 24,' but I wouldn't really go as far as questioning that based off of an unrelated quote.

If it means something to Mendes it makes sense for him to perhaps feature it in a film. That was my thinking. There is no saying which film that would be or even if it would at all, though.
  • SandySandy Somewhere in Europe
    This isn't directly Bond 24 related but it's still something new from Sam Mendes:

Sam Mendes’s 25 Rules for Directors

Funny bits:
    Sam Mendes wrote:
    19. Please remember the Oscars are a TV show.
    and
    Sam Mendes wrote:
    23. On screen, your hero can blow away 500 bad guys, but if he smokes one fucking cigarette, you’re in deep shit.

Daniel Craig and Judi Dench singing "Cabaret", I would pay to see that!

Did anyone notice he has recently learned how to ski /:) A lot of people seem to be going on ski trips lately.
    Ski Trips and Greece... I would be fine with both...

However and I KNOW this is a huge stretch but how would people here react to Bond 24 being an adaption of Colonel Sun... I know so close after Skyfall however Logan has said the themes of Skyfall will crop up again and Mallory was kidnaped by the IRA perhaps these elments plus quantum = Colonel Sun in 2015????

I doubt this is the case but I would love it.
    Just for the record, and no offense to the quite honorable @Samuel001, but the Greece feature is too far a stretch for even me to make it the topic of discussion. It would be a great idea similar to what we last saw with Craig at the Opera in QOS. But its a quote from something completely unrelated to Bond.

Besides, Greece doesn't really have any glamor or charm to attract a Bond film these days.

Skiing on the other hand.. it is quite interesting for Craig to take up the sport just as he is likely to start getting back into his 'Bond regimen' diet and exercise.
    @KWESTBROOK I'm afraid I wasn't clear in my comment, Mendes recently took to skiing, not Craig (at least not that I know of).
    Sandy wrote:
    @KWESTBROOK I'm afraid I wasn't clear in my comment, Mendes recently took to skiing, not Craig (at least not that I know of).

DAMN!
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 7,265
    Samuel001 wrote:
    Some good tips here, from Mendes.

Others I like include:

"Learn to say, “I don’t know the answer.” It could be the beginning of a very good day’s rehearsal."

"Go to the ancient amphitheater at Epidaurus, in Greece. It makes you realize what you are a part of, and it will change the way you look at the world. If you’re an artist, you will feel central, and you will never feel peripheral again."

and

"Confidence is essential, but ego is not."

Could Epidaurus and other areas in Greece be featured in the next Bond film?

With the current political and economic situation, I am not sure it is feasible. I'd love to see it though.
  • 0BradyM0Bondfanatic70BradyM0Bondfanatic7 It was this or the priesthood.
    That was a brilliant list by Mendes! The man has quite a mind.
  • edited March 2014 Posts: 203
    Great list by Mendes! I wonder if cricket would be featured in Bond 24? It almost made it to CR. Also, how do you guys think Bond 24 will be personal for Mendes ... i.e. Skyfall - about his middle age and mortality? Could Bond 24 be about his retirement? falling in love? ... interesting times ahead!
  • doubleoegodoubleoego #LightWork
    Retirement for Bond? No. Craig is still going on to do at least one more after Bond 24. As for falling in love, again no. 2 out of the 3 movies Craig has done has been based on the fact that he fell in love and the ramifications of him doing so. The man needs to breathe, strut and have some fun.
  • marketto007marketto007 Brazil
    From today's Press Junket at BOND IN MOTION.

"We'll start filming at the end of the year"

"We'll choose the villain in the next couple of months"

Marketto, you deserve one of these

c6Vpa.gif
    Well, let's hope we learn who has the role in a couple of months then. I would prefer that than having to wait until November.

Thank you @marketto007. We're nearly off - once again!
    Excellent find, @marketto007. I've updated the opening post (and of course, credited you).

I will now be trying to link each update with the page the information is posted so that it will be easier to go back and find the discussion when and where we learned the events of Bond 24's production.

Unfortunately it will take some time to go back and do it for all the previously posted updates, but from here on it should be regular.
    Great find @Marketto007, I wonder what they mean with choosing the villain in the next couple of months. Perhaps Logan built a story that can fit multiple characters? Or did he write several possible villains?
    Sandy wrote:
    Great find @Marketto007, I wonder what they mean with choosing the villain in the next couple of months. Perhaps Logan built a story that can fit multiple characters? Or did he write several possible villains?

I think they just meant an actor for the role. The didn't have time to write the character for a specific person this time, like they did for Javier.
  • RC7RC7
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    The didn't have time to write the character for a specific person this time, like they did for Javier.

They'll have had someone in mind. Whether they get him/her is another matter.

RC7 wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    The didn't have time to write the character for a specific person this time, like they did for Javier.

Yes but with Skyfall they practically had Bardem signed before MGM was even a functioning studio again.
  • ggl007ggl007 www.archivo007.com Spain, España
    Great as always, Marketto.

I think we first heard about Bardem in January 2011 :-O
  • 4EverBonded4EverBonded Dancing at midnight under the BeBop Moon
    Oh I am looking forward to knowing anything about the villain(s)! I do hope they get Helen Mirren for one of the roles, I really do. And she is on a good streak now; plus I think she'd appreciate being in a Bond film.
  • RC7RC7
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

Yes but with Skyfall they practically had Bardem signed before MGM was even a functioning studio again.

I just mean they'll have someone specific in mind. If they get them they'll refine it, if they don't they'll adapt it.
  • RC7RC7
    Oh I am looking forward to knowing anything about the villain(s)! I do hope they get Helen Mirren for one of the roles, I really do. And she is on a good streak now; plus I think she'd appreciate being in a Bond film.

I think Mirren would have made a fantastic, 'M'.
    RC7 wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

I just mean they'll have someone specific in mind. If they get them they'll refine it, if they don't they'll adapt it.

Didn't Barbara Broccoli said they have someone in mind already?
  • DCisaredDCisared Liverpool
    Slightly off topic but how well does Barbara look?
  • RC7RC7
    Ludovico wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:
    RC7 wrote:
    JWESTBROOK wrote:

Didn't Barbara Broccoli said they have someone in mind already?

I don't know a single screenwriter who creates a key character for whom they have no actor in mind. I'm pretty confident that SF's success will go a long way to procuring the talent they require.
    I'm convinced that they already have their villain but obviously aren't going to spill the beans just yet. It's all about the right time and right moment to reveal things.