Comments

• talos7talos7 New Orleans
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    If Boyle stayed we’d be getting the film in 4 months from now

I don’t mind the wait...
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    Tuck91 wrote: »
    If Boyle stayed we’d be getting the film in 4 months from now
    It’s all about the end product, not the delivery date.
  • BMW_with_missilesBMW_with_missiles All the usual refinements.
    Red_Snow wrote: »
    Danny Boyle ditches Bond for The Beatles with Yesterday film
    https://itv.com/news/2019-06-17/danny-boyle-director-yesterday-the-beatles-film

The Oscar-winning director speaks at length for the first time to ITV News about his acrimonious split from the latest James Bond film, citing creative differences with the producers.

He said: "It would have been very neat to go from Beatles to Bond, that would have been very cute, no, sadly we kind of parted company, we were working on it for quite a while and then we parted companies."

"It's a producers' film really in a way and they just, they just didn't see it the way we saw it and when you have those huge films you have to have harmony, at script stage anyway."

It’s EON’s franchise, so they have every right to demand what they expect from a Bond film. Boyle forgot the first rule of mass media, you’ve got to give the people what they want.

Not that EON is always good in assessing what the people want, but hey...
    I think Boyle forgot the rule before that one: Bond is mass media, not some indie project where he can truly see (only) his vision come to life.

True. In my case by “people” I meant the people at EON.
  • QBranchQBranch Always have an escape plan. Mine is watching James Bond films.
    Thanks to Arbogast777 from AJB for the find:

GAMES BOND - Mutiny on James Bond movie set as director skips filming to play PlayStation - then demands crew work overtime

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/9316454/big-bust-up-james-bond-playstation/

48084143307_546bd089bd_o.jpg
  • talos7talos7 New Orleans
    So ludicrous...
    I have no idea how to even react to any of that.
    QBranch wrote: »
    Thanks to Arbogast777 from AJB for the find:

GAMES BOND - Mutiny on James Bond movie set as director skips filming to play PlayStation - then demands crew work overtime

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbiz/9316454/big-bust-up-james-bond-playstation/

48084143307_546bd089bd_o.jpg

Maybe Eon should delay the film a few more months so Cary has more time to master that video game?

When do you play video games, 007?

Never on the firm's time, Sir.
    I hope he was at least playing Bond games, as research.
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 4,619
    So unprofessional! I would bet even Barbara regrets now firing Boyle.
  • MinionMinion Don't Hassle the Bond
    edited June 2019 Posts: 1,165
    The Sun is only a reliable source of Vitamin D. No reason to believe this until it comes from somewhere more reputable.
  • ResurrectionResurrection Kolkata, India
    Minion wrote: »
    The Sun is only a reliable source of Vitamin D. No reason to believe this until it comes from somewhere more reputable.

That's true :))
    It’s EON’s franchise, so they have every right to demand what they expect from a Bond film. Boyle forgot the first rule of mass media, you’ve got to give the people what they want.
    Nice Tomorrow Never Dies reference.

• matt_umatt_u better known as Mr. Roark
    talos7 wrote: »
    So ludicrous...

SO annoying. I believe they dubbed the movie to be "doomed" even before principal photography.
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    If it is untrue (about Cary and video game) than, I hope, EON and Cary personally will make public statement regarding Sun article and will request public apologies from Sun. This article is huge blow to Cary's reputation and disrespect to his professionlism (what he is famous for) and it must not be tolerated!
    That story is utter nonsense. No director would risk doing something so stupid, especially on a such a high stakes production. I’m not buying it.
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    TR007 wrote: »
    That story is utter nonsense. No director would risk doing something so stupid, especially on a such a high stakes production. I’m not buying it.

I think The Sun article is totally bullsh*t but I thought for a moment that Cary could do this to force his firing. Maybe he has huge problems and conflicts with producers or main star but cant step away by his decision because of strict financial consuquences written in his deal with producers.
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    And how do they know that he played video games?) They hacked his computer?) Or maybe Cary came on set and said "I'ma late because I played video games"?)
    Props to Cary if he's playing the PS2. I'm a bit of a retro gamer myself.

Unless it's a hint we're gonna get Lana Del Rey for the theme song.
  • Seven_Point_Six_FiveSeven_Point_Six_Five Southern California
    QBranch wrote: »
    Unless it's a hint we're gonna get Lana Del Rey for the theme song.

Haha, that’s quite a stretch but it would be a dream come true nonetheless.
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    "His unexpected absence left a film already blighted by accidents and creative disputes behind schedule, with Fukunaga, 41, prompting further outrage by insisting his production team work over Father’s Day weekend in order to make up for lost time. " - this words are indication of lie by The Sun. Because some weeks ago we had schedule for night shoots for three weeks with agreed terms of production. They can't additionally work on weekends because of agreement with locals.
    If ,and only IF,this is true then we are in real trouble,as,reading the article,this seems a total bloody mess,full of all kinds of infighting.
  • edited June 2019 Posts: 1,661
    True or not, the Sun item is amusing. I like the idea of a director hired to make a 200 million dollar action film and he's off playing video games. "Screw this, I'm playing Goldeneye instead!"

Daniel pops in to see Cary.

"Can I have a go, Cary?"

"**** off, I'm still playing!"

:-j
    large.jpg
    Dan is looking nice and relaxed there,thats good to see.
  • James_StJohnSmytheJames_StJohnSmythe Twitter: @J_StJS /// https://www.instagram.com/james_st_john_smythe/
    barryt007 wrote: »

Obviously a pic from the set of CR. Good old PlayStation Portable times btw :D
    barryt007 wrote: »

Obviously a pic from the set of CR. Good old PlayStation Portable times btw :D

Aaah of course it is !!
    8-|
    Sorry I didn’t explain it. Thought the psp and his girlfriend at the time were a good time stamp ;) Craig himself looks better now IMO.
  • PavloPavlo Ukraine
    I really think that we need reaction from Cary and producers regarding this situation as it was with set explosion and Dan's injury.
    Univex wrote: »
    large.jpg

Playing games on his phone? Disaster! Fire him!
  • WalecsWalecs On Her Majesty's Secret Service
    Minion wrote: »

=))